10 hours of hardcore and a seamoth suicide

mesatechamesatecha uk Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218891Members
So, played this game for roughly ten hours on hardcore mode and had built quite a substantial and self sufficient base..

Everything was great..

Was spending time in my seamoth exploring and discovering my first island....

I exited the seamoth just as it was coming to a stop and it whacks right in to me and kills me. There it is. Game Over.

I would have liked to have ended my hardcore mode with something a bit more heroic but hey.

I guess I should be more careful next time.

*************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    My current hardcore save is around 30 hours, I think. I'm paranoid as hell whenever I venture out of my bases.
  • mesatechamesatecha uk Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218891Members
    WarViper wrote: »
    They should put a warning sticker somewhere in the cockpit of the seamoth that says "Do not exit vehicle while it is still in motion" lol.

That would be very helpful for crazy people like me that jump out while it is still moving :p

30 hours.. nice one. Yea I was terrified as hell on multiple occassions leaving my base. Especially being headbutted in the dark by one of those wiggly shark things
  • mesatechamesatecha uk Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218891Members
    I think I may try the level down from hardcore, with a hardcore game on the side next time
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    edited June 2016
    At least your getting the chance of getting killed by your seamoth..As i am a Xbox one user, usually I'm being taken out by a game crash.. In fact every "death" has been do to a crash...

Hopefully that update comes soon :)
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Glad Hardcore mode is living up to it's name :wink:

Decided to try out hardcore and got double teamed (aka absolutely slaughtered) by a Crash and the Drooping Stingers; makes the game much more intense and I just sat there, face-palming in defeat. Should have prepared more :tongue:
    It really does live up to its name :)
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I hope the devs can make it so we exit out the top where the hatch is located.
    Also facing the same direction like forward as we would if we came out the hatch in real life.

A subber can dream.

Agree. There is a rather unnecessary risk in getting disoriented because you are facing a random direction each time you leave your seamoth. It makes dashing from sub to resource rather difficult and much riskier.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    Decided to try out hardcore and got double teamed (aka absolutely slaughtered) by a Crash and the Drooping Stingers; makes the game much more intense and I just sat there, face-palming in defeat. Should have prepared more :tongue: It really does live up to its name :)

After playing almost exclusively Hardcore mode, avoiding caves that contains Drooping Stingers comes as naturally as .... breathing... from an tairtank :smiley:
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    Decided to try out hardcore and got double teamed (aka absolutely slaughtered) by a Crash and the Drooping Stingers; makes the game much more intense and I just sat there, face-palming in defeat. Should have prepared more :tongue: It really does live up to its name :)

After playing almost exclusively Hardcore mode, avoiding caves that contains Drooping Stingers comes as naturally as .... breathing... from an tairtank :smiley:

Hahaha, I imagine it would, but... aren't they just so pretty? Makes you wanna touch them :tongue:
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Considering the young actor who recently died from being run over by his own car....Well, that's realism for ya...
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    yomama wrote: »
    Considering the young actor who recently died from being run over by his own car....Well, that's realism for ya...

Poor Chekov... we barely knew thee.

I managed to destroy my seamoth last night - I was cruising through the shallows at full speed, and there was a hill ahead of me. So I held down the space bar to move up - wound up leaping out of the water and coming down on a giant coral tube. Instantly turned my moth into a pile of scrap. Build another one of course, but I lost the free pressure compensator I picked up in the Aurora, and I don't have an upgrade station yet, so that was a bummer. And I'm on hardcore, so going back to an old save wasn't an option either.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Yeah, but you hardcore people have the BEST STORIES!

They seem to start with "well, all I did was..."
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    edited June 2016
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Glad Hardcore mode is living up to it's name :wink:

Hard Mode is working overtime. Went to gather one Crash fish powder and died.
    Note to self: Fix life pod and Aurora after I get Stasis Rifle.
    erua0jsb20ug.jpg

Had 100% health before my demise.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I never... OK, USUALLY, don't have trouble getting crash powder. Shouldn't need a stasis rifle for it.