Growth bed unit or "living" wall for bioreactor fodder production.

Chris01Chris01 95050 Join Date: 2015-11-19 Member: 209347Members
edited June 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Can we get the living wall unit to output biological material that can be used in the bioreactor? Or maybe a outside underwater grow bed that you can plant with kelp but with a mechanical harvesting unit that takes the kelp and bales it to be used in the bioreactor and replants the bed.

Comments

• Sigil_ThaneSigil_Thane Oklahoma, USA Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210855Members
    edited June 2016
    Try using Marblemelons in multiple plant shelves on the living walls and place Lantern Trees in plant pots in the corners.

Bonus: you can use it to power your belly AND your base.
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    Try using Marblemelons in multiple plant shelves on the living walls and place Lantern Trees in plant pots in the corners.

I do this and it works great. Last few melons, just harvest with knife, reseed the pots, and on with life

• TassyrTassyr Join Date: 2015-12-19 Member: 210090Members
    joni65 wrote: »

I do this and it works great. Last few melons, just harvest with knife, reseed the pots, and on with life

As someone who has long struggled with power- melons go in the plant shelves? What does the living wall have to do with things? And, small melons, I assume?
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Tassyr wrote: »

As someone who has long struggled with power- melons go in the plant shelves? What does the living wall have to do with things? And, small melons, I assume?

Melons go in whichever planter equipment you've got. So yeah, plant shelves work too. There''s only one kind of melon to collect, so no "small" to concern yourself with.
    edited June 2016

I just use the living wall as a nice back drop. The the small wall mounted planters will mount on the living wall. I plant melons in them from the seed I get from harvesting a melon with a knife. Four seeds per melon. So I put eight wall planters on the living wall, plant the melon seeds in them which grow into large melons. I pick them as needed for the power plant then the last two melons I harvest with the knife for eight seeds, replant the pots, and go again.

DrownedOut wrote: »

Melons go in whichever planter equipment you've got. So yeah, plant shelves work too. There''s only one kind of melon to collect, so no "small" to concern yourself with.
    there is small melons on the island when you first find the planters.