Bring Back Terraforming!

Redninja5901Redninja5901 usa Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218799Members
I know that it change the way you intended the game but using a terraformer or digging can make the game much more involving for some people who have a creative mind. Imagine creating your entire base on a man-made island for some people it can be extremely fun and very achieving for them because it unlocks a lot of potential for the game. Terraforming could also be improved a lot to form specific things depending on how much material you have, you could possibly make a castle whether or not you add such stuff such as walls or something. All I ask and probably many others give the terraformer a chance and improve on it, it can make people do creative things that you dont even give us that really you build some rooms, a hatch and some other things, the actual building is no fun and it can be so much better with a terraformer and hard work. Thank you for reading if you have! Bring Back Terraforming!

Comments

• Captain_CartertronCaptain_Cartertron Texas Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216605Members
    The whole reason as to why Terraforming is being removed, is because it would cause too much lag and the Xbox cant handle it. There are many other problems such as landscape rendering, entities being able to go through the floor and a few others. There are still other cool landscapes you can build your bases on. I wont spoil anything of the biomes if you haven't explored the world already.
  • Redninja5901Redninja5901 usa Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218799Members
    Still i'm not asking them to keep it now but in the near future things could be done to fix these issues. I was playing with it for about 1 hour and my game never crashed, still lagged though but not annoying considering how fun it is. Also you dont have to ruin biomes to get material i dug straight down for a while and got a couple hundred material and where you use it cant ruin a biome because you're putting it there to improve the land for a better home or something. I believe the terraformer is an incredible item to have but i understand what your saying and it isnt that bad im not complaing to a little lag so people you enjoy it should have the privilage to use it.
  • kenticwolfpackkenticwolfpack Texas Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218225Members
    edited June 2016
    Maybe not have it the survival mode but keep it in the creative mode?
    What do you mean just freedom the only difference between it and survival is hunger and thirst it is practically survival?
  • kenticwolfpackkenticwolfpack Texas Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218225Members
    Sorry ment creative mode
    lol you confused me but i'd like it on survival and if i had to i'd cope with it just being creative. It would still be fun.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited June 2016
    One of the main reasons it's being removed is because of gating issues. It would kind of break the storyline if you could just tunnel straight down to secret places.
    If it was just because the Xbox can't handle it, I'd suggest keeping it in the PC version.
  • itsspartan313itsspartan313 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218229Members
    The whole reason as to why Terraforming is being removed, is because it would cause too much lag and the Xbox cant handle it. There are many other problems such as landscape rendering, entities being able to go through the floor and a few others. There are still other cool landscapes you can build your bases on. I wont spoil anything of the biomes if you haven't explored the world already.

u know this how i am curious
  • woopswoops Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Members
    edited June 2016
    u know this how i am curious

@Flayra said on twitter:
    Wrestling with the @subnautica terraformer. We must remove it, although I love the concept. Read this...thoughts?
    CYAGoJbUAAAUzHz.png:large
    edited June 2016
    One of the main reasons it's being removed is because of gating issues. It would kind of break the storyline if you could just tunnel straight down to secret places
    If it was just because the Xbox can't handle it, I'd suggest keeping it in the PC version.

That is why they should leave it in creative mode not in survival if anything
  • JesmasterzeroJesmasterzero UK Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217425Members
    edited June 2016
    One of the main reasons it's being removed is because of gating issues. It would kind of break the storyline if you could just tunnel straight down to secret places

Guess what else breaks the story line? When people post major spoilers without tagging them.
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    He only said a name "sea emporers prison"

A. We know not what's being imprisoned

B. He didnt post the location.. Spend any amount of time in these forums and your going to hit "spoilers" hell even the official update videos unknown posts are riddled with them.

As for the terraformer.. Sure its fun, hell I've even played with it a bit.. The problem still stands tho. Once you save and quit any work you did is nullified. If you dig a shaft.. Go a couple hundred meters away.. That shaft is now gone.

Bottom line is its thier call, I say scrap it!. Honestly if its going to make every other aspect of the game run smoother/better and with more assets available.. It should be a no brainer. Plus as stated above.. The terraformer could be packaged as a "sculpting" tool, but it is what it is.. It allows you to start off at pod 5, dig straight down and into the biome underneath it and beyond..

I'm jot using biome names just incase ;)

It kills the exploration value. And as I said above I love the idea of the terraformer. But I love the idea of a better gaming experience better.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Please tag potential spoilers as such.

Please don't assume everyone knows as much about Subnautica as you do, some things, even just place names, can potentially ruin large parts of the story. Thanks.
  • TheSonicSpartanTheSonicSpartan usa Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218538Members
    Why not make it so you get the terraformer at the end of the game story?
  • NeoSerpentNeoSerpent Australia Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217416Members
    edited June 2016
    Like, why did they take it away?
    frustrated.gif
  • woopswoops Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Members
    edited June 2016
    NeoSerpent wrote: »
    Like, why did they take it away?
    woops wrote: »
    @Flayra said on twitter:
    Wrestling with the @subnautica terraformer. We must remove it, although I love the concept. Read this...thoughts?

CYAGoJbUAAAUzHz.png:large
  • UnderwaterQUEEN2314UnderwaterQUEEN2314 Indianapolis, IN Join Date: 2016-06-25 Member: 219056Members
    I don't use the Xbox, I use the PC and personally, I want to create my own bat-cave like what Jacksepticeye did! I love thinking outside of the box and I don't see how it would ruin any of the gameplay on the PC. If people are going to misuse it and ruin the story for themselves then let them, but don't make the rest of us suffer because of them. It gives the game more of a unique quality to it, the ability to manipulate the environment, and how is collecting/farming things any different in terms of environment destruction? Why are you even concerned about that in a game? It makes no sense. If anything remove the Reaper Leviathan around the ship and keep the annoying sandsharks. The Reaper Leviathan drives me up the wall.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members

Guess what else breaks the story line? When people post major spoilers without tagging them.

Sorry about that.
  • JesmasterzeroJesmasterzero UK Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217425Members

Sorry about that.

No worries, I appreciate that I'm probably going to have some stuff spoiled by accident just by being on the forums so that's on me. I just enjoy reading discussions on the game!

I'm trying to avoid spoilers where possible, I've found exploring the world and stumbling across new things to be one of the best parts of the game. Kind of hard this early in the game though as obviously people want to talk about new things that are being added and worked on. Sorry if that came across as a bit aggressive! :)

Sorry about that.

No worries, I appreciate that I'm probably going to have some stuff spoiled by accident just by being on the forums so that's on me. I just enjoy reading discussions on the game!

I'm trying to avoid spoilers where possible, I've found exploring the world and stumbling across new things to be one of the best parts of the game. Kind of hard this early in the game though as obviously people want to talk about new things that are being added and worked on. Sorry if that came across as a bit aggressive! :)

No need to apologize, I'll be more careful about spoilers in future. Thanks for being understanding though!
  • NorulvNorulv Norway Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218528Members
    I can totally understand that they remove the Terraformer. Its just odd that there dosent seem to be a compromise on how much you should be able to "terraform"
    I dont quite understand why it should stand in the way of the Rock Puncher.
    Sure it makes sense you and the Rock Puncher shouldnt be allowed to pass to the story bits in the terrain.
    Even if non-terraformable/ non-breakable you would know where those parts are still, semi spoilerish. I cant imagine the Rock Punchers making their way into the story sections of the world. Hope thats not the reason they might not be included.

And what about the drill on the Exosuit? Seems to me that at least we should be able to dig with it, drill after minerals and such.

But be able to dig some way down into the sand to avoid getting hurt/ killed and to dig for some resources makes sense instead of an all powerful terraforming tool.
    Also will they keep the feature that allows you to dig into the sand with your hands right? And hopefully include that in the XboxOne version as well?

All in all, Im sure theres some hardcore fans out there that will dig with their bare hands to the Sea Emporers, lava castle sites etc. But that should take alooooong time. And its a choice all this. If you want do dig, you should be able. As long as it dosent murder the framerates/ performance and ruins spoiler sensitive parts of the game for Xbox and PC players alike.