Holy Diver Transmission.

joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
So when I restarted after the last update I never got the "Holy Diver, you've been down to long in the midnight sea" transmission. Did I just miss it or did they remove it? I always liked getting that one.

Comments

• QelsarQelsar Lansdowne, MD Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216536Members
    Lol, same. The song reference is so fitting. I love all the Easter eggs they put in this game.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    It's like.. We already knew they were cool, but dayam they are THAT COOL!
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    edited June 2016
    yomama wrote: »
    It's like.. We already knew they were cool, but dayam they are THAT COOL!
    Exactly!!
    The first time I saw it I was totally jamming in my head!
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    As songs to have stuck in your head go, this is better than YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND BABY RIGHT ROUND...
    As songs to have stuck in your head go, this is better than YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND BABY RIGHT ROUND...

I TOTALLY HATE YOU NOW! I NEED BRAIN SOAP
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    joni65 wrote: »
    So when I restarted after the last update I never got the "Holy Diver, you've been down to long in the midnight sea" transmission. Did I just miss it or did they remove it? I always liked getting that one.

I didn't really expect this quote to make it to the official game release, but... I am going to miss it. Brilliant references like that one are rare in games.
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    My communications relay just says "Goal_Holydiver"
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members

Just get the Dope cover... much more palatable.
    Sidchicken wrote: »

Just checked it out on YouTube, and you're right. Much better than the original.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members

It sounds better in the original Klingon.
    starkaos wrote: »

I had no idea Klingons are in to metal music?! Nice!

While it is true that Klingons are into metal and their is a cover of that song. I was talking about the original Klingon pop version.
  • GunslingerN7GunslingerN7 United States Join Date: 2015-10-19 Member: 208603Members

While it is true that Klingons are into metal and their is a cover of that song. I was talking about the original Klingon pop version.

I Myself Listen to Klingon Rap
  • GunslingerN7GunslingerN7 United States Join Date: 2015-10-19 Member: 208603Members
    You haven't heard anything until you have heard Ice Ice Baby in Klingon (sorry now you'll need a disinfecting brain soap with a strong degreaser )
    edited June 2016
    You haven't heard anything until you have heard Ice Ice Baby in Klingon (sorry now you'll need a disinfecting brain soap with a strong degreaser )
    ** SIGH ** I hope Amazon can make bulk deliveries.
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    The reference is still in the game, you just need to get your relay messages from the lifepod's transmitter :)
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    The reference is still in the game, you just need to get your relay messages from the lifepod's transmitter :)
    Mine never came through on the current game I am playing, though, which is why I asked to begin with.

• HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    Mine never came through on the current game I am playing, though, which is why I asked to begin with.

Ah okay, my bad. Yesterday I started a new save on hardcore and it came through, may have been bugged or updated :tongue:

Ah okay, my bad. Yesterday I started a new save on hardcore and it came through, may have been bugged or updated :tongue:

I am glad to hear that. I was really disappointed when it never got there, but nice to know I may still here it on my next go. Woot, Back down to the Midnight Sea!! :p

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I'm going to have to check out this Klingon music thing. Sounds amazing.
    I'm going to have to check out this Klingon music thing. Sounds amazing.

It is amazing. Just avoid Klingon Opera. It inspired the face melting scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    It is amazing. Just avoid Klingon Opera. It inspired the face melting scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

It's not all bad. 'Aktuh and Melota' is rather awe-inspiring. Almost Wagnerian in its scope.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    I was poking around this morning while the coffee brewed, and decided to look up the meaning of the lyrics to Holy Diver, since the line they quoted in Subnautica seems like it could mean something relative to our game. This is what I found:

[a quote from ronnyjamesdio.com, regarding the meaning of the lyrics to Holy Diver]

It’s simply a song about things that are not always what they appear to be. You need to look at more than what the package is, you need to look inside. The cover of the album highlights that – Dio has said many times, why is a devil drowning a priest? Well, maybe it’s a priest drowning a devil! Bad people don’t always look bad, many times they look normal. Also, good people may not always be the ones who are prettiest on the outside.

@joni65 The Fifth Element is one of my favorite movies. It makes me feel really old that you need to refer to it as "the 1997 film ....".

Gary Oldman... still the man.

latest?cb=20120505004033
    @Sidchicken I am old right there along with you my friend. I only mention the year so the youngsters would know where to find it.

It is one of my favorites too.
    @joni65 Dang kids! Get off my exterior growbed!!! *shakes stasis rifle menacingly*
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    Damm it to hell Jim, you have got a bad case of Klingon Rap stuck in your head. Now there is only two cures
    1st) remove said head.
    or
    2nd) play hours and hours of SubNautica
    @Sidchicken I rented it from Amazon video last night. So fun to watch it again. Big bada boom!
    @joni65 I only speak 2 languages - English and Bad English!