Most annoying fauna?

LeoxideLeoxide United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216560Members
Instead of the scariest, I decided to find out what you guys found the most annoying fauna.
..and due to popular demand, this list has ALL the fauna that can attack.

This can be in terms of:

Number of annoying deaths from this fauna.
Number of constant ''bites'' from this fauna.

Comments

• LeoxideLeoxide United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216560Members
    ..sigh, pressed post instead of preview. Cannot include all of them, as I don't think theres a way to edit polls, unless there is, in which way could you tell me, please?
  • AlyexAlyex Somewhere Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216238Members
    edited June 2016
    What a pity :confused:
    I don't know if there is a way, but I think I saw on other polls that it can't be changed afterwards :sweat:
    I think it is to be expected that I vote for biters :tongue:
    They are just the most annoying thing in the ocean for me. 2nd place would belong to cave crawler... trying to get into the abandoned base on the floater island or into the aurora without being attacked by those wannabe spiders is just nigh impossible :angry:

Edit: You know what? I change my profile pic to a blood biter, just because I hate them! :lol:
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Biters because they have a tendency to harass me when I'm exploring wreckages. And they come out of nowhere.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited June 2016
    In Third place: the Cave Crawler
    In Second place: the Tiger Plant
    In First place: the Biter

Whenever any of these and their cousins (like the bood crawler or the blood biter) hurt you, there isn't much of your health which is reduced. It's just that they all do continuous attacks, sometimes in packs. They are all so annoying.

THIS DOESN'T MEAN THAT I WANT THEM OUT OF THE GAME THO!
  • drbrianzdrbrianz USA Join Date: 2016-05-02 Member: 216293Members
    Stalkers kill me more then Biters, Biters do little damage
  • AntoninAntonin Montréal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216529Members
    But Biters are more difficult to see and they don't make noise when they saw you.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Leoxide wrote: »
    ..sigh, pressed post instead of preview. Cannot include all of them, as I don't think theres a way to edit polls, unless there is, in which way could you tell me, please?

There's no need - the Biter has this one, hands (fins?) down.

Little bastards.
  • TheJewelOfJoolTheJewelOfJool Southwestern Ontario Join Date: 2016-01-11 Member: 211261Members
    I change my vote to Biters!
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Antonin wrote: »
    But Biters are more difficult to see and they don't make noise when they saw you.

Actually, they do. You can hear minature clicking sounds when your near them if you listen carefully.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited June 2016
    Biters & Bleeders for most annoying, Tiger Plants and Cave Crawlers for second and third most.

The stalkers aren't typically too bad for me usually, though there are times.... I forgive them though since I personally find them adorable, but the same can't be said for those other three.
  • IcewaveIcewave Canada Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208906Members
    one time there was a gastropod heard under my life pod and they kept farting and the toxic farts killed me over and over
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    The other stuff you can just avoid. Biters though... they are just everywhere.
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    No Crash Fish no vote.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Crash 1shot my seamoth Anonwurds plz nerf.
  • DestinyPlayerDestinyPlayer Russia Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218319Members
    Sand Sharks. I spend a lot more time near sand sharks than near any of the other fauna. And they really, really annoy me.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    Biters in first place, Crash Plant/Fish in second.

Biters are quiet, hard to spot, don't cast large shadows or make loud noises before attacking, attack in packs, are hard to hit back with your knife.

Crash Plants can detect you through rock walls and often have a second Crash Plant just out of sight of the first, but within range - so you trigger the first one and then get attacked by the second while trying to dodge the first. Two consecutive direct hits by a Crash kills you, or destroys your Seamoth. The stupid plant doesn't always give you crash powder, and its often clipped into the terrain so you can't hack it to death with your knife.

The only positive to these two is that I can kill bunches of them with just one pulse of my Perimeter Defense System (even through a wall), and occasionally the Crash Plant will leave some powder that is (somewhat) useful. The most fun way to deal with a Crash is to snatch him right out of the plant with a Propulsion Cannon, holding the charge until you can aim him at something you want blown up (like the crash plant itself) and then firing him like a rocket into it. This also works through walls.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    edited June 2016
    I think the most annoying are those electric worms. Shame they weren't on the poll.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    I think the most annoying are those electric worms. Shame they weren't on the poll.

It IS on the poll- they just called it an "ampeel" for some reason.

The proper name is shocker!
  • ErgossErgoss KY Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213722Members
    edited June 2016
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Myrm wrote: »

It IS on the poll- they just called it an "ampeel" for some reason.

The proper name is shocker!

I don't know if they're changing the name like they've done about a lot of other things or if it's just an alternative name, but I've heard them called that before and the subnautica wiki even refers to them as ampeel now.

Can't tell if you're joking, so sorry if I'm being obtuse.

For my vote, while I find biters properly annoying the ones I'd wish-out-of-existence would be bone sharks. They've seemed to me to be more agressive than the sand sharks, and I can usually backpedal/slice to deal with biters before they've taken too big of a chunk out of me.
  • Gman_Plays_GamesGman_Plays_Games Washington Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214401Members
    freaking Biters man... can't gather materials in peace...
  • _Quack_Quack__Quack_Quack_ A pond Join Date: 2016-06-08 Member: 218294Members
    What is an ampeel. I have explored a lot of the world in most builds and i have never seen nor heard of an ampeel. Am i just dumb and oblivious or is it in the dev-build.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    What is an ampeel. I have explored a lot of the world in most builds and i have never seen nor heard of an ampeel. Am i just dumb and oblivious or is it in the dev-build.

They used to be known as shockers. They're basically great big eels with electricity running along their bodies.
  • margifishmargifish North Carolina Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216796Members
    Biters >_< Sand Sharks are annoying but at least they're easy to see (even if there's always a ton of them around when you're looking for fragments in the plateau ). Bleeders would have to be second place for me. Nothing like carefully creeping along to bottom of the kelp hoping for a sandstone deposit and jumping out of your chair when one latches onto your arm >_< Crashes used to be the bane of my existence, until I realized that getting crash powder without getting blown up was ridiculously easy once you got yourself a sea glide and just zoomed past them. I've had one or two times where a stalker snuck up on me and scared me, but that was my fault for not paying attention. lol
  • DagonDagon Earth Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214648Members
    Bone Sharks, because they won't leave you alone.