Give more info

The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
Give players more info. People have no idea how much damage a shotgun does or a HMG, the spread or firerate, amount of shotgun bullets, how much damage Crush does or how much speed celetiry gives. I don't even konw myself the current stats of the HMG.

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    That is not ingame. Give the infos when needed, for example when clicking on armory.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yojimbo wrote: »

Does not appear to be up-to-date, still got single gun exos and no machine gun etc. There's been a card on trello to give some people wiki powers for a while now, i wonder whats going on with that
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    That was meant to be @Foxy 's job
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Give players more info. People have no idea how much damage a shotgun does or a HMG, the spread or firerate, amount of shotgun bullets, how much damage Crush does or how much speed celetiry gives. I don't even konw myself the current stats of the HMG.

I agree that this data should be available somewhere ingame. Some kind of ingame encyclopedia or something like that, not necessarily limited to those different values but also the NS lore. It would be very nice in my opinion. But with the current menus and interface, I doubt it'd be pleasant to go through it.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    That is not ingame. Give the infos when needed, for example when clicking on armory.

I agree with that providing the values are real time variables from the server (in case they are modded or something)
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hmm would be a good idea to see some "stats" of weapons ingame. So everyone can see how good a weapon behaves against an other.
    good stats would be:

-damage per bullet against player (and strucutres)
    -bullets per shot
    -reload time
    -ammo capacity
    -type (long distance, short distance, midrange)
    -spread
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The wiki is behind at the moment. I started a new job recently and it's been keeping me very busy. I've just about managed to find time to handle PT while Asraniel is away, patience is a virtue and all that.
    edited June 2016
    Pelargir wrote: »

I agree that this data should be available somewhere ingame. Some kind of ingame encyclopedia or something like that, not necessarily limited to those different values but also the NS lore. It would be very nice in my opinion. But with the current menus and interface, I doubt it'd be pleasant to go through it.

Petitioned for a ingame encyclopedia a long time ago which was meant to tie in with the wiki but for some reason that website iniative went completely quiet, swept under the carpet and forgotten about.

https://feedback.userreport.com/19e981d4-394e-46de-997e-8913cc04aff2/#idea/76174

https://feedback.userreport.com/19e981d4-394e-46de-997e-8913cc04aff2/#ideas/popular

I am pretty sure that was the same one, where community would provide suggestions and upvote ideas, the most popular would be presented to PDT and then considered to be integrated into NS2, you know the board, the one where firing hugh was the first bright idea.

Dissappointed this initiative was left how it was, could of been one of the key saving graces of the game.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    Aim at something, click or press x (whatever help is bind to) => open short resume windows with variables, click for more informations
    Short resume = what @Rammler said
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff

I don't even think that any of those suggestions have ever been implemented.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

...I spotted a "request scan" in there. Do want.

(And yes, about the only thing on that list that's in the game is the gorge "request structure" thing, and that one specifically asks for a harvester.)
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter

Oh God no.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2016

I don't think thats true. I believe they've tagged some of those that they thought was satisfied sufficiently as "Completed". They don't show up any longer. E.g. Achievments, Power Surge, Webs, Babblers,...
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited June 2016

Oh God no.

Why not?

Oh God no.

Why not?

Because there is already enough of such things which spam the comm and slow down medpacks.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you made a user reports thing, if it gets accepted they email you that it was accepted.
    _INTER_ wrote: »

I don't think thats true. I believe they've tagged some of those that they thought was satisfied sufficiently as "Completed". They don't show up any longer. E.g. Achievments, Power Surge, Webs, Babblers,...

Sorry, that was bad worded. I should've said 'feedbacks with the most votes'. The one about achievements for instance gathers around 14 votes. There are many, many, many more proposals that can be implemented without too much work I assume which collect >20 votes.

I agree about the Babbler change though. My comment was a hyperbola just to make it clear. But I can understand where people giving feedbacks that are apparently praised by the community are coming from. Proposals at the top of the list are mainly ignored (or it seems like it for many people in the community) while some at the bottom of it are being approved (the ones that aren't really being requested by that said community). It makes it confusing for the 'contributor' to figure out whether his idea has been endorsed by the devs or not.

As I see it at the moment: devs pick up the ideas that could possibly suit their goals. Doesn't matter how many votes those ideas have gathered. If they're on the list, that's great. If they're not, that's too bad.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2016
    We also have to consider that votes did gather over time. Back then the ranking looked a lot different. Though now it settled somewhat. E.g. "Server Joining Queue" has long been my personal favorite. But it is a QoL change with probably too much effort and overlookable gain. (< specific to just that entry and not general)
    I do think they are prioritizing between their goals ( (new) player retention, which also determines if they can continue), community suggestions, minimal effort and maximum gain with constrained resources. I don't think they are doing bad in balancing those factors.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    ... you know the board, the one where firing hugh was the first bright idea.

LOL, I wish I knew about the vote at the time...