GAMEPAD SUPPORT??

vulcanodkyvulcanodky Spain Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217845Members
Hi, I dont know if this has been answered before. I have the Steam and Xbox One version of this Game. I bought the steam version because in the description says the gamepad controller was soported but im unable to use any controller with the game. I have read that the Dev Team dont know when wil be implemented. How can this be possible????? the gamepad controller support its a MUST HAVE in this game, or at last dont indicated in Steam that way. Any suggestions to play this game through a pad? i deny to play with mouse and keyboard.

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    vulcanodky wrote: »
    Hi, I dont know if this has been answered before. I have the Steam and Xbox One version of this Game. I bought the steam version because in the description says the gamepad controller was soported but im unable to use any controller with the game. I have read that the Dev Team dont know when wil be implemented. How can this be possible????? the gamepad controller support its a MUST HAVE in this game, or at last dont indicated in Steam that way. Any suggestions to play this game through a pad? i deny to play with mouse and keyboard.

Hi there. Gamepad support for Subnautica on Steam is currently just for VR devices, as stated in the graphic:

o1xIVKl.jpg

We plan on bringing gamepad support for 2D screen users soon.
  • vulcanodkyvulcanodky Spain Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217845Members
    Thanks for the answer.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    edited May 2016
    But I play with my steam controller all the time...it works absolutely fine, although I did download a premade profile to make it better. In fact, Subnautica is the reason I bought the controller, which I have grown to LOVE!
    edited June 2016
  • JoeakuakuJoeakuaku USA Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215614Members
    Yep. Steam Controller might be the way to go. It works well, too. Planning on buying a Steam Link today so I can put stuff like SN on our TV and just play it with said controller. Possibly better than buying a laggy, somewhat out-of-date, buggy version for the XBone.
  • KhasubKhasub 1 Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217913Members
    Well, my steam controller doesn't work..
    I know how to set it up and it works with every other game i have on steam.
    Subnautica is just refusing to recognize it. Pressing the Steam button in-game doens't even work.

Any attempt to help would be greatly appreciated.
    Huh. I don't have the new update yet, perhaps they broke the steam controller thing?
  • KhasubKhasub 1 Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217913Members
    Update: so after 6 months of trying and 5 fresh reinstalls i found my problem:

You have to manually open steam as an administrator..

When you start Subnautica it asks for changes and apparently it overrides Steam's access to the steam controller.

Happy Diving!