Should we remove console commands once the game is fully relesed

Sheo6rathSheo6rath Shivering Iles Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217560Members
i think it should be removed, at lease in survival. when i play games like subnautica i prefer to grind for the items required to build what ever i wanted to build, it makes the game that much more fun. but if people can just spawn in anything they want, then whats the reward for grinding and spending all that time and nrg to build when you could just spawn in anything or everything.

Comments

• Mini_GaaraMini_Gaara England Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217049Members
    Sheo6rath wrote: »
    i think it should be removed, at lease in survival. when i play games like subnautica i prefer to grind for the items required to build what ever i wanted to build, it makes the game that much more fun. but if people can just spawn in anything they want, then whats the reward for grinding and spending all that time and nrg to build when you could just spawn in anything or everything.

Some people enjoy messing around with them, if PC have them we should too. Also no one is forcing you to use them in your world. If other people use them in their saves, it has literally 0 effect on you. It is up to the player to decide to use them, why deny some people that privilege just because you do not agree with others using them?
  • Sheo6rathSheo6rath Shivering Iles Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217560Members
    i get what you are saying, and i belevie that it shoul be a choice for players to make as well, it just feels like cheating to me.
  • Bisley19Bisley19 United States Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217695Members
    Plenty of games have cheats, and have even become famous for having them (Grand Theft Auto for example). I agree with Mini, just don't use them, but let others have the ability. I think the biggest function for the dev console currently is correcting glitches, especially involving crash powder and fragments. Even if the update fixes these issues, who knows if more bugs will arise? If you're worried about people bragging about things they used the console for but say they've done it legitimately, just ask for a screenshot of their time played. That should tell you if they actually spent the time to make the things, or if they just spawned them in.
  • Dirk_PerfectDirk_Perfect Kentucky Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217411Members
    Honestly, the only reason I would ever use a console command is because of a bug that breaks the game from moving forward. Like a quest not completing or the game not letting you move to many upgrades because say the Seamoth upgrade console will not complete the blueprint. Most this kind of thing will be a non issue by time the game releases official so I am indifferent towards it but still aware some will want to have the option. Not sure that still counts as "Survival mode" as might be intended but each to their own. Maybe if a person uses a cheat then they don't unlock the achievement for beating the story in survival mode or something?

I'd like to see a Survival mode option that is something like "The Long Dark" as in no saving and one life, you get killed, you start all over again and it tells you how long you survived. The only save would be if you quit the game for the day or something, it remembers exactly where you left off and your condition so you can continue your journey when you come back but you can't reload a save yourself. Call it super duper hardcore survival mode or something. Haha
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    Not sure that still counts as "Survival mode" as might be intended but each to their own. Maybe if a person uses a cheat then they don't unlock the achievement for beating the story in survival mode or something?

Maybe just allow the console in creative mode?
    I'd like to see a Survival mode option that is something like "The Long Dark" as in no saving and one life, you get killed, you start all over again and it tells you how long you survived. The only save would be if you quit the game for the day or something, it remembers exactly where you left off and your condition so you can continue your journey when you come back but you can't reload a save yourself. Call it super duper hardcore survival mode or something. Haha

Well there is already a hardcore mode, so it would be easy enough to have an achievement for lasting X hours. Interesting idea about the saves (a little like ironman mode in XCOM), although I'm not sure if that already happens as the description of hardcore mode says "Hardcore Mode restricts you to a single life; if you drown or your health reaches zero percent your game ends, forcing you to completely start over from the beginning".
  • Mini_GaaraMini_Gaara England Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217049Members
    Ideally I would say to just leave it in the game like it is, otherwise it could just be in creative mode, but still have the basics in survival, such as to warp out of an object you get stuck in. That way survival would still be you collecting everything in this case you still have the ways to unstuck yourself.
  • RonsloRonslo Ireland Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217036Members

I think it should be an option before u create ur survival world
  • xstarbuckxxstarbuckx Uk Join Date: 2016-06-02 Member: 217986Members
    I'd assume you'd have to remove the console as I'm guessing when full release lands that you'll have achievements and with access to the console you'd be able to "cheat" your way to gaining achievements something that is a big no no with MS. Only way around it is like rockstar have done or recently Bethesda with fallout and that's to implement a system that won't allow you to earn achievements if your game has been altered be it by cheats, mods or develop console.
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    Ofcourse. They could give us a hell of a lot more build options in creative to make up for if the c.command cheats got out of the game. Just let us plant plants and release fish when we want. Bound it to some rules. And i wouldn't miss console commands.

But, as been said before, if the pc has them, just let the console have them too.
  • SubnauticSurvivourSubnauticSurvivour Fiskdale Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217493Members

NEVAH!!!!!!!!

⊃:(
  • Redninja5901Redninja5901 usa Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218799Members
    Personally i'll grind any materials i need but i hate the idea for finding fragments i use devcommands to get blueprint. This is probably because im used to a leveling system where you progress through more things to unlock on the way. Just my opinion.
  • itsspartan313itsspartan313 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218229Members

ok why remove it when you can just not use the commands no one told you to use em
  • nettonetto canada Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217126Members
    I say remove for sure, just leave it for creative mode and that you can't gain any achievements if you cheat time , if they ever implement achievements for Subnautica i dunno...
  • itsspartan313itsspartan313 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218229Members
    i say not it should be an option to use at anytime you wish or need to incase of something that doesnt spawn enough cuz you have a different world then someone else... or if the game is changed and something gets glitched on the xbox and the only way to get past it is by a console command.. enough said
    For some reason im confused why this is an argument. If you dont want dev commands then dont use them, if you do you should have the privilage to use them. Why argue over something that is opinion based and everyone wins from. Im so confused about it.
  • kenticwolfpackkenticwolfpack Texas Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218225Members
    edited June 2016
  • KingColeKingCole Montana Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217001Members
    edited June 2016
    Of course, no one likes a cheater., That being said, the console commands are to get around bugs from what i've heard.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    But...

get?url=https%3A%2F%2F31.media.tumblr.com%2F74e91ec9a6e8571ade4580a5412afe91%2Ftumblr_inline_n9iis3Tj2a1qf8v63.gif&key=_r31jUJdTCy3BXYslCY2WA

It's a single player game...

self restraint
    How do you cheat in a single player i agree with kouji face it console commands are going to be part of the game. also lol kouji
  • kenticwolfpackkenticwolfpack Texas Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218225Members
    Would you call mods in fallout 4 cheats then as well?
    fallout 4 is very different because those are mods that have been created by people part and not part of bethesda games. These dev commands have been put in the game for a reason and that was to have fun. Before i forget, to answer your question no they are not cheats they are their to make the game more fun. hope i answered your question and then some.
  • NeoSerpentNeoSerpent Australia Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217416Members
    edited June 2016
    No, it's your choice to spawn things in, removing it just because you can't resist using it is pointless.
  • JebusChrustJebusChrust Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218634Members
    For some reason im confused why this is an argument. If you dont want dev commands then dont use them, if you do you should have the privilage to use them. Why argue over something that is opinion based and everyone wins from. Im so confused about it.

This right here. It isn't an argument, if you don't want to use them then don't use them. People who do want to use them will use them.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    edited June 2016
    i get what you are saying, and i belevie that it shoul be a choice for players to make as well, it just feels like cheating to me.
    if it feels like cheating to you, then you should definitely not use them, but I don't understand how others using them effects you? I don't use console commands as a personal choice in games that I can use them in ( I can't in subnautica, but wouldn't anyway) but that is a personal choice. Whether or not anyone else uses them is something I don't even think about due to the fact that it has absolutely zero impact on me or my game.

• snakefang53snakefang53 U.S Join Date: 2016-06-15 Member: 218619Members
    console commands are made for debugs or enhancement of the players experience to make the player have a better time they should be kept for those purposes.
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    Grand Theft auto San Andreas on the old Xbox. The cheats here added a lot of fun to the game so i say again, just let us keep them. You can choose to use them or don't! Simple as that.
    oelikoelie wrote: »
    Grand Theft auto San Andreas on the old Xbox. The cheats here added a lot of fun to the game so i say again, just let us keep them. You can choose to use them or don't! Simple as that.

Make sure you keep an eye on your volume levels for this video!
  • TheCanisDirusTheCanisDirus usa Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216939Members
    I'd have little desire to play Subnautica without them after 15+ hours into a world. Grinding resources really gets fucking old after you've seen and collected a bunch of just about everything. Console commands should stay as they are.
  • kymeilkymeil Pa Join Date: 2019-03-23 Member: 251924Members
    It should not be taken out because there people with phobias like spiders and like I am terrified of spiders and I can’t progress far because of that and games u need to take note that people have phobias and they can’t play games because of that so I feel left out