Wooza's information wall

woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
edited June 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
Find news about all Wooza servers, community, events, changes and tricks in this periodically updated thread.
Please keep it tidy in order to allow for an easy read.
You can contact our Server Ops and Admins as well as the rest of our community on Discord or on our Steam Group.

Upcomming Events:

Mod spotlight revived? No, its another Saturday mod night at Woozas!
Join us to experience what has been hidden. On Saturday night we will play Siege+, Defense and Faded.
How long will you survive?

Date:
06/11/2016
Saturday 8pm UTC (1pm PDT)

Game Modes:
Siege+
Defense
Faded

Server:
Wooza's Saturday Mod Night (24 Slots + 4 Specs)

Server News:
You can find the complete changelog on my Steam Profile or in the Archive

06/06/2016
- Wooza's Hamster Wheel: All spectator slots have been removed. Server runs now with 32 Slots.

06/04/2016
-BotManager added: Players can now play with bots to seed the servers easier.

05/28/2016
- A nostalgic NS2:Combat event! Tonight at 7pm UTC / 12:00PM PDT

05/22/2016
- Wooza's Playground: Two new secret maps added! Find them with the command sh_listmaps

05/16/2016
-New mod added which helps server performance! Special thanks to NoM

05/10/2016
- Woozas removed from Hive by UWE

05/08/2016
- Wooza's Playground: Map added: ns2_ayumi
- Wooza's Playground: Secret map added! Can you find it? Hint: Use command sh_listmaps to see all running maps on the server

05/02/2016
- Wooza's Size Zero (24 Slots) server created. A Server so small, it's painful to watch!
- Wooza's Rookie Magnet (24 Slots, Rookie only) server created.

04/30/2016
- Zycar presents Siege+! Find the game mode on "Wooza's Siege+ Back to the Roots!" server.
- (Don't forget to select "ALL" in your NS2 Server browser to find the server)

2016-25-03
- How many kills have been made in a year on Wooza's Playground? Guess and win here
- Easter Badges added to all Woozas server

Server Information
Wooza's Playground (42Slots + 4 Spectator Slots)
Wooza's Hamster Wheel(32 Slots + 10 Spectator Slots)
Wooza's Side Zero (24 Slots)
Wooza's Rookies Magnet (24 Slots, rookie only)
Wooza's Club Bizarre (24 Slots, The Faded Mode, Defence Mode)
Wooza's Siege+ Back to the roots! (24 Slots + 4 Spectator, Siege Mode)

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    24 slot isnt small damnit.
    hahah, im happy to have another 'normal' sizes server where I can play on. Nice list Wooza :)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I would love to see more action on Wooza's Club Bizarre. I love the faded mod but rarely get to play it.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited May 2016
    I would love to see more action on Wooza's Club Bizarre. I love the faded mod but rarely get to play it.

Yeah it seems interesting, but never actually got the chance to play it.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    side zero is not objectionable :)
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    Faded is fantastic. I seeded and spammed my Steam friends list for a number of weeks when Wooz first hosted it for Kat, we got some big games going and it was a ton of fun. It's a seriously addictive game mode, but like NS2 itself it takes a little getting used to. I don't have time to seed these days. I think more people would love to play it regularly, if they'd give it a chance.

There is a strange resistance to change in the NS2 community. Custom maps. Mods like Faded. All we see is the same vanilla maps played over and over and over and over over and over and over... *yawn*

• PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for keeping this thread on-topic. Any irrelevant comment will be deleted.
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    if you have some statistics from ns2large i would love to hear them. i am not sure that build 297 is balanced for large servers. is winrate near 50/50?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    Nordic wrote: »
    Rammler wrote: »
    if you have some statistics from ns2large i would love to hear them. i am not sure that build 297 is balanced for large servers. is winrate near 50/50?
    Wooza statistics
    http://apheriox.com/wonitor/

B296 Stats
    http://apheriox.com/wonitor/configurator.html#x=winner&y=count&serverId_is=po6yMII6Le&map_mt=ns2_*&numPlayers_gt=12&version_is=296

B297 stats
    http://apheriox.com/wonitor/configurator.html#x=winner&y=count&serverId_is=po6yMII6Le&map_mt=ns2_*&numPlayers_gt=12&version_is=297

The difference in win-rate looks huge, but since it's such a small sample size, is not actually considered statistically relevant, according to Fisher's exact test... ( used http://graphpad.com/quickcalcs/contingency1/ with groups: [161,187] and [105,94] )

Also, @Rammler is correct. UWE only attempts to balance for 12-24 players. It is up to its maintainers to balance ns2large as appropriate.
  • BollwerkBollwerk Join Date: 2009-04-15 Member: 67196Members
    remi wrote: »
    Wooza statistics

B296 Stats
    http://apheriox.com/wonitor/configurator.html#x=winner&y=count&serverId_is=po6yMII6Le&map_mt=ns2_*&numPlayers_gt=12&version_is=296

B297 stats
    http://apheriox.com/wonitor/configurator.html#x=winner&y=count&serverId_is=po6yMII6Le&map_mt=ns2_*&numPlayers_gt=12&version_is=297

The difference in win-rate looks huge, but since it's such a small sample size, is not actually considered statistically relevant, according to Fisher's exact test... ( used http://graphpad.com/quickcalcs/contingency1/ with groups: [161,187] and [105,94] )

Also, @Rammler is correct. UWE only attempts to balance for 12-24 players. It is up to its maintainers to balance ns2large as appropriate.
    I beg to differ, this is no sample. The coverage of the statistic is 100% of the applicable matches. There is no error to be calculated.

So it is safe to state that:
    The average game on Wooza's was more balanced during 296 than it was during 297.

Here's the charts with min 24 players:

B296 Stats
    http://apheriox.com/wonitor/configurator.html#x=winner&y=count&serverId_is=po6yMII6Le&map_mt=ns2_*&numPlayers_gt=24&version_is=296

B297 Stats
    http://apheriox.com/wonitor/configurator.html#x=winner&y=count&serverId_is=po6yMII6Le&map_mt=ns2_*&numPlayers_gt=24&version_is=297
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited May 2016
    Bollwerk wrote: »
    I beg to differ, this is no sample. The coverage of the statistic is 100% of the applicable matches. There is no error to be calculated.

The average game on Wooza's was more balanced during 296 than it was during 297.

Here is an analogy: If you flip a quarter only twice, but it lands heads both times, is it unbalanced?

And another one, from @Nordic: Is a piece of toast with butter on one side balanced?
  • BollwerkBollwerk Join Date: 2009-04-15 Member: 67196Members

Here is an analogy: If you flip a quarter only twice, but it lands heads both times, is it unbalanced?

And another one, from @Nordic: Is a peice of toast with butter on one side balanced?
    Please re-read my statement. Your analogy is wrong.
    A proper analogy would have been: If you flip a quarter only twice, but it lands heads both times, was the average outcome unbalanced? Answer: Yes, because it was heads both times whilst a balanced outcome would have been once heads and tails each.

Maybe something more than rhetorical questions would help? (pun intended)
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Pelargir wrote: »
    Thanks for keeping this thread on-topic. Any irrelevant comment will be deleted.

• moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Wooza statistics

B296 Stats

B297 stats

That's not how statistics works. The question you are trying to answer is "what's the probability that Marines will win the next game?" That is a quantity that you can get evidence for, but you cannot directly observe.
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    05/28/2016
  • RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
    edited May 2016
    wooza wrote: »
    05/28/2016

Edited: Refrain from being aggressive. Thanks.

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    05/28/2016

Ill try to be there.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    05/28/2016
    So you dare coming look for players on this forum after renaming your lagfest of a server "UWE wants this server dead" ? rofl
    For your information if they really wanted it closed it would be closed. (and considering the recent dramarhea you keep creating to drag attention maybe that's how it should be)

no need for all the hostility
    edited May 2016
    05/28/2016
    So you dare coming look for players on this forum after renaming your lagfest of a server "UWE wants this server dead" ? rofl
    For your information if they really wanted it closed it would be closed. (and considering the recent dramarhea you keep creating to drag attention maybe that's how it should be)

Edited: No naming and shaming allowed in this forum.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    05/28/2016

There may be no need for it, but you can't say it's not justified... I've even noticed his review now has the lie "woozas the oldest and most popular ns2 servers around"

So he sort of brings all this hate down on himself with his toxic actions.
  • SintaxSintax Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10581Members
    Wooza's was moved out-of-view for new players, and any players who forget to visit the 'modded' tab. I forget to look there myself half the time. There was no reason to move the server to a different tab considering there arent even enough servers to fill 1 screen. The changes are definitely detrimental to the server's livlihood; a server that helped keep the game alive in the days where player numbers dropped their lowest.
    Wake wrote: »
    pointless arguments.
    Mmh? speak for yourself, all I understand from your comment is, wooza is good, wooza is not bad, you are crap.
    Quite the definition of a pointless argument.

Also,
    nFzAlOV.jpg
    now don't call me the drama starter.
  • migalskimigalski Boston Join Date: 2014-07-02 Member: 197181Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is a thread that actually should be moderated rofl, make a new topic to complain about things but this is way off topic
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    yeh what @mihalski says.. No matter how that situation is, its not related. And i doubt new players care at all.
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    Thanks for your efforts @wooza !
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    And i doubt new players care at all.

How can they care if they don't even realize they're being lied to?

I'm sure most people dislike being lied to... Look at the rage that gamers display whenever a developer lies.. Just because it's a server owner instead of a dev doesn't make it right...

You are right that this thread shouldn't be derailed any further though... So lets go back on the topic of information about woozas...

Care to inform people what you hoped to accomplish when you renamed your server "UWE wants this server dead"??

I mean clearly that's not true considering all the support they've given large and the fact that you're not shut down... Honestly stuff like that makes it look like you simply want NS2 to die off completely...
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Thanks for not derailing the thread any longer.