A request for you developers

LiddoKiddoLiddoKiddo South America Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216973Members
Hey guys! I thought of an idea for future Subnautica updates, involving the islands. First of all, building seabases in islands is really hard, since there are a lot of plants in the way of doing so. For this reason, I thought of proposing something... building landbases!

I can't put all the materials for building it here, since they are exactly the same as the ones for the seabases. The rooms are pretty much the same, but the name could be changed to Land (name), for example Land Multipurpose Room, or Land Corridor.

These buildings might remove the plants that are in it's way (similar to how buildings remove sand and other underwater land for it to be built), since common seabases lack this feature.

Something similar to this could be added: Treehouses.

For this, a new item can be added: Wood (found in every plant categorized as Trees, use knife)

Treehouses
Materials: (just like Titanium use for common buildings, but replaced with Wood)
Just like seabases, these large foundations are used for very large trees, (if they are once added), but are in the top of the trees with a great view to the environment.

Second of all, perhaps something involving climbing would be added. Something like climbing gear, like mountain picks, so that it is easier to climb mountains.

For this, two new items could be added:
Iron (found in Limestone Blocks), and Rods (found in all kinds of large trees by using knife)

Mountain Pick
Materials: Iron 1x, Rod 1x
Use on mountains with LMB. Click repeatedly to climb
Durability: 300 clicks

Something that could also be added to make mountain climbing more challenging: Fall damage

Guys, tell me what you think about this and support the idea, so maybe it gets into the wonderful Subnautica game!

Comments

• ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
    I like the idea of land bases but not really wood
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
    Instead of iron you can use a titanium pick
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    Good ideas, but take into consideration the amount of time the Developers have for this game's release and also their budget; many people forget this aspect of game development. I'm sure they'd love to add all our ideas, but they just don't have the time and money, yet.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    LiddoKiddo wrote: »
    First of all, building seabases in islands is really hard, since there are a lot of plants in the way of doing so.

Do you mean the underwater or above ones? Either way plants and such can be equally problematic above and below.

Placing foundations in the right place is the key. I generally identify a high piece of 'land' in the vicinity of where I want to build and place a foundation there to establish the base's lowest level. Which should be well above plants. Then you don't need to worry about them.
  • LiddoKiddoLiddoKiddo South America Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216973Members
    You guys are right. Wood isn't that convinient
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    edited May 2016
    LiddoKiddo wrote: »

These buildings might remove the plants that are in it's way (similar to how buildings remove sand and other underwater land for it to be built), since common seabases lack this feature.

It's been confirmed that when the devs remove the terraformer that they'll be getting rid of buildings modifying the surrounding terrain, so that would be out as well unfortunately.

https://www.reddit.com/r/subnautica/comments/4kfnh8/dev_confirmation_removal_of_terraforming_will/

• sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    ech0gh0st wrote: »

I titanium pick would be kind of crap since it is too light to get a decent swing.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    ech0gh0st wrote: »

I titanium pick would be kind of crap since it is too light to get a decent swing.

Just add some Lead if you are concerned with it being too light. Although, there are more effective ways to climb than using a Pick like using Titanium and Crash Powder to create explosive bolts. Perhaps 1 Titanium and 1 Crash Powder to create 10 explosive bolts.
  • AntoninAntonin Montréal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216529Members
    It would be better if the dev increase the walking (i think the walking is too slow)
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    Subnautica's main purpose is to go deeper into the water, not higher than the water surface. It's about underwater survival for most of the time. So, no treehouses.

About the other thing: fall damage and land physics would be altogether implemented at a later time.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    LeonDOGE wrote: »
    Subnautica's main purpose is to go deeper into the water, not higher than the water surface. It's about underwater survival for most of the time. So, no treehouses.

About the other thing: fall damage and land physics would be altogether implemented at a later time.

Nothing preventing me from building a Skybase. Especially how Subnautica only cares about the base's structural integrity and not a room's structural integrity. We can build a vertical connector going from the ocean's surface to above the Aurora. As long as I have a few Multipurpose Rooms full of Reinforcement Panels attached.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    starkaos wrote: »
    LeonDOGE wrote: »

Nothing preventing me from building a Skybase. Especially how Subnautica only cares about the base's structural integrity and not a room's structural integrity. We can build a vertical connector going from the ocean's surface to above the Aurora. As long as I have a few Multipurpose Rooms full of Reinforcement Panels attached.

I always think it's odd that I can just have a room made of reinforcement panels and have the whole rest of the base be glass and that's just fine.