2 nasty bugs Xbox related!

Niels83Niels83 Denmark Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216943Members
Glad that this game came to xbox:) i have however found two nasty sea bugs.
1) on my first World everything was going fine until my escape pod suddently began to Shake like crazy, it made it really hard to craft inside. I thought oh well, and began to make a small base underneath it. Everything was going okay, i found one blueprint after the other, but suddently my escape pod was gone. I found it again but it was far far far away from where it was before. I guess it was a bug, or does the pod drift in the game? Anyway i had to start a new World cause the pod was so far away it would take forever to get to. Then i found bug number 2)
When scanning for blue prints in my new game, they dont unlock anymore, i only get materials now but no unlocks, so i can't craft any stuff, other than the starting habitat stuff.So the game is kind of stuck for me now. Hope this was enough info of the bugs. I will go and play some Ark survival Evolved while we wait for a fix.
Thx in advance:)

Comments

• GargettGargett Newcastle upon Tyne, UK Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216934Members
    First bug is something I'm having trouble with as well, really bad shaking in life pod, not sure if this is due to the wave mechanics colliding with the structure/textures maybe?

In relation to your second bug, are you not scanning pieces for blueprints you've already unlocked?

As otherwise the pieces you're scanning giving you mats instead of blueprints is not a bug.
  • Niels83Niels83 Denmark Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216943Members
    Gargett wrote: »
    First bug is something I'm having trouble with as well, really bad shaking in life pod, not sure if this is due to the wave mechanics colliding with the structure/textures maybe?

In relation to your second bug, are you not scanning pieces for blueprints you've already unlocked?

As otherwise the pieces you're scanning giving you mats instead of blueprints is not a bug.
    Maybe, but should i not be able to build it then. The first game i made i found 2 blueprints of solar panels, and all the blueprints for bio reactor. They got unlocked and would show in the crafting menu. I did not build them though cause i began a new World because of the buggy lifepod which drifted almost to the other end of the map.
    Now when i restart a new World, it shows me i dont have the blue prints for the bio reactor and solar panels, so i go out to find them again, only this time they only give me mats, which means i have unlocked them once, but they dont show up in my crafting menu. Maybe im doing something wrong, but i dont get why i could make them in my first game, but now in my new World i can't make them, even if i find the blueprints again, i only get Mats.
    Sorry my english is a little bad, i hope it makes sense:)
  • xColdFireRubyxxColdFireRubyx USA Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216904Members
    I too have the same issue with the solar panels. I have collected 5 so far, even though it says i have 100% or 2/2, it doesnt show up on the construction menu, the reactor does but not the panels. I had to restart a world yesterday due to the mobile vehicle bay malfunctioning and not giving me a build screen, freezing my game and causing me to restart. I also had an issue with my escape pod floating away, it floated so far from the original site it took too much to to go back and forth with mats. After several restart attempts i just restarted and have been working on this world with the solar panels issue. Good news is that I have a functioning MVB, bad news is i have no power to power my base, the reactors ingredients are unobtainable for me at the moment, which means, once again, i am at an empass with the game and am having a hard time progressing forward. I love this game but it feels a bit broken at this juncture and im slightly frustrated with myself for buying. I should have a waited a month or so, afterall, i truly dont feel i should have to
    restart my world yet again...holding out hope for this incredible game though!
  • GargettGargett Newcastle upon Tyne, UK Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216934Members
    Niels83 wrote: »

Maybe, but should i not be able to build it then. The first game i made i found 2 blueprints of solar panels, and all the blueprints for bio reactor. They got unlocked and would show in the crafting menu. I did not build them though cause i began a new World because of the buggy lifepod which drifted almost to the other end of the map.
    Now when i restart a new World, it shows me i dont have the blue prints for the bio reactor and solar panels, so i go out to find them again, only this time they only give me mats, which means i have unlocked them once, but they dont show up in my crafting menu. Maybe im doing something wrong, but i dont get why i could make them in my first game, but now in my new World i can't make them, even if i find the blueprints again, i only get Mats.

Ah I see what you mean now, sounds like your game save from your other world is having an impact on new games you start, thinking you've already unlocked those blueprints. I seen a similar post on here earlier, I think a fix I seen was to completely back out of your game as in close it down, then re-load the game and start a new game, see if this resolves as a workaround? Definitely a bug though.
    I too have the same issue with the solar panels. I have collected 5 so far, even though it says i have 100% or 2/2, it doesnt show up on the construction menu, the reactor does but not the panels. I had to restart a world yesterday due to the mobile vehicle bay malfunctioning and not giving me a build screen, freezing my game and causing me to restart. I also had an issue with my escape pod floating away, it floated so far from the original site it took too much to to go back and forth with mats. After several restart attempts i just restarted and have been working on this world with the solar panels issue. Good news is that I have a functioning MVB, bad news is i have no power to power my base, the reactors ingredients are unobtainable for me at the moment, which means, once again, i am at an empass with the game and am having a hard time progressing forward. I love this game but it feels a bit broken at this juncture and im slightly frustrated with myself for buying. I should have a waited a month or so, afterall, i truly dont feel i should have to
    restart my world yet again...holding out hope for this incredible game though!

Unknown worlds are working hard to bring the console version up to where the PC version is at, which resolves most of these issues, in the mean time it's just perseverance I'm afraid :/

On the issue with your life pod floating away, have you welded/repaired the broken pod systems inside? As I believe once you do that the pod should stay where it is, just as a suggestion.
  • Niels83Niels83 Denmark Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216943Members
    Niels83 wrote: »

Ah I see what you mean now, sounds like your game save from your other world is having an impact on new games you start, thinking you've already unlocked those blueprints. I seen a similar post on here earlier, I think a fix I seen was to completely back out of your game as in close it down, then re-load the game and start a new game, see if this resolves as a workaround? Definitely a bug though.

I never got to reply u back sorry;) i did a restart and began a new World, this time it works. I have my lovely seamoth and Cyclops now. Now i need to find that moon pool blueprint so i can complete my base, can't find the bugger though hehe