R.I.P Competitive NS2 2012-2016

24567

Comments

  • TinkiTinki Members Join Date: 2013-12-03 Member: 189715Posts: 110 Fully active user
    Ok @SupaDupaNoodle, see you in the next competitive scene :)
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WIMembers, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Posts: 1,437 Advanced user
    lots of words.

    You quoted me but never actually addressed the point I made.
  • PelargirPelargir Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Posts: 1,199 mod
    @SupaDupaNoodle If I was one of those new players who joined/created a team to play a season and/or gathers, your words would hurt me.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."


  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Members Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Posts: 495 Advanced user
    edited May 2016
    joshhh wrote: »
    lots of words.

    You quoted me but never actually addressed the point I made.

    Sigh... please read my comment again.

    After the classic "lol." one-word opener sentence, you moved on to say it was "delusional" to expect a new comp scene to develop, and that the game would die before that. My point is that it is you who is delusional to think that there can only be one comp scene, made up of the current self-exiled comp players; and that it is somewhat self-absorbed to think that without the self-exiled comp players the game will die.

    But from this sarcastic reply I guess you are just trolling. Sigh...
    Tinki wrote: »
    Ok @SupaDupaNoodle, see you in the next competitive scene :)

    Why? I am not interested in playing competitively.
    Pelargir wrote: »
    @SupaDupaNoodle If I was one of those new players who joined/created a team to play a season and/or gathers, your words would hurt me.

    Why?
    SupaDupaNoodle
    I'm a signature virus :D Copy me into your signature!
    (Ribo @ Jan 2 2013, 10:43 AM) wrote »
     ##EMPHASIS ADDED##
    Ok, here is the problem. Every game, the aliens,in a pack, harass the marines to slowdown resource captures. The aliens save up for invisible, double armor rhinos. Everyone evolves into an invisible double armor rhino. The marines lose.


    Also, a good rule of thumb is that a rookie is equivalent to an empty player slot on a team.

  • StarcetereusStarcetereus Members, Reinforced - Silver Join Date: 2014-06-03 Member: 196370Posts: 2
    Why? I am not interested in playing competitively.
    You don't play competitively, yet you are arguing on the forums with competitive players who have years and years of experience in the comp scene... about the comp scene. Seems legit B)
    Alite
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Members Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Posts: 495 Advanced user
    edited May 2016
    Why? I am not interested in playing competitively.
    You don't play competitively, yet you are arguing on the forums with competitive players who have years and years of experience in the comp scene... about the comp scene. Seems legit B)

    Of course it's legit. My opinion is as legitimate as anyone else's.

    Just because you play "comp" doesn't mean you have a monopoly on the competitive scene, or on what the competitive scene should be like. They may have "years and years" of experience, but as they themselves are saying, the game has changed and so their experience is of the past NS2 environment and irrelevant to the present/future NS2 environment. In any case, they are all leaving of their own accord, so I don't think their snide comments are too useful anyway.

    My argument is that even if the current comp players self-exile, a new comp scene can develop with new players attracted by the new NS2 experience. Whether it will happen or not is a different matter. And whether or not there is a new comp scene with new comp players, the game will either live or die.

    The comp scene and the life of NS2 are too independent factors, though the comp players try to intertwine them.
    SupaDupaNoodle
    I'm a signature virus :D Copy me into your signature!
    (Ribo @ Jan 2 2013, 10:43 AM) wrote »
     ##EMPHASIS ADDED##
    Ok, here is the problem. Every game, the aliens,in a pack, harass the marines to slowdown resource captures. The aliens save up for invisible, double armor rhinos. Everyone evolves into an invisible double armor rhino. The marines lose.


    Also, a good rule of thumb is that a rookie is equivalent to an empty player slot on a team.

  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Members Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Posts: 495 Advanced user
    joshhh wrote: »
    joshhh wrote: »
    lots of words.

    You quoted me but never actually addressed the point I made.

    Sigh...Your point was that it is "delusional" for me to expect a new comp scene to develop, and that the game would die before a new comp scene developed. My point is that it is you who are delusional, not to mention somewhat self-absorbed, and that whether or not a new comp scene develops doesn't bother me in the slightest; and also that the current comp scene has nothing to do with the life or death of this game.


    So... let me get this straight.

    Your point is that I'm a delusional self absorbed ex-comp player... you don't actually care if a comp scene develops... and that the current comp scene has nothing to do with the state of NS2.

    How is this a counter-argument to anything I said? You seem to write a lot but never actually make any valid arguments.

    My only argument is a new comp scene will not simply spring up out of thin air. I personally believe that the current players are not motivated enough/have the time to build a new league... not to mention finding people who still want to play in it. It took us over a year to get the old scene to its prime back in 2013/14. IF the comp scene continues, it will do so on life-support without drastic changes... with EXISTING people that decided to stick around.

    Just because you don't agree with my points doesn't make them invalid.

    My interest is in the game having a decent player base. I'm not desperate for a comp scene, but would like it if there is one.

    Just because the current comp players self-exile, the game's overall population will not be affected. The comp scene came out of the player base, not the other way around.

    Simply put, I think the comp community is replaceable.

    I understand that NSL admins etc put in a lot of work to make the NSL work. And it's great. But are you seriously saying that no one else will want to play competitively if a new, large playerbase emerges? So if you guys leave, no one else will want to play in a league? New players can arrange matches and leagues themselves if they are interested. And if not, then so be it.

    The key issue is that the current comp scene is ending only because of a self-exile from the current comp players. I would be more sympathetic to the whole "RIP COMP SCENE" narrative if it was UWE who had somehow banned compmod or demanded a licensing fee from NSL or something like that. At the moment all I see is a giant tantrum.
    SupaDupaNoodle
    I'm a signature virus :D Copy me into your signature!
    (Ribo @ Jan 2 2013, 10:43 AM) wrote »
     ##EMPHASIS ADDED##
    Ok, here is the problem. Every game, the aliens,in a pack, harass the marines to slowdown resource captures. The aliens save up for invisible, double armor rhinos. Everyone evolves into an invisible double armor rhino. The marines lose.


    Also, a good rule of thumb is that a rookie is equivalent to an empty player slot on a team.

  • tallhotblondetallhotblonde Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Posts: 216 Fully active user
    Supanoodle please could you be quite because you are chatting nonense and derailing the post
    caperp
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Members Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Posts: 495 Advanced user
    edited May 2016
    Supanoodle please could you be quite because you are chatting nonense and derailing the post

    What was your OP even about?

    Please look up the meaning of the word "forum".
    SupaDupaNoodle
    I'm a signature virus :D Copy me into your signature!
    (Ribo @ Jan 2 2013, 10:43 AM) wrote »
     ##EMPHASIS ADDED##
    Ok, here is the problem. Every game, the aliens,in a pack, harass the marines to slowdown resource captures. The aliens save up for invisible, double armor rhinos. Everyone evolves into an invisible double armor rhino. The marines lose.


    Also, a good rule of thumb is that a rookie is equivalent to an empty player slot on a team.

  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Members Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Posts: 495 Advanced user
    Supanoodle please could you be quite because you are chatting nonense and derailing the post

    Please look up the meaning of the word "forum".

    I'm tempted to make a snarky comment but I'm sure it's pointless since it will get edited anyway.

    And yet, you did it anyway.
    SupaDupaNoodle
    I'm a signature virus :D Copy me into your signature!
    (Ribo @ Jan 2 2013, 10:43 AM) wrote »
     ##EMPHASIS ADDED##
    Ok, here is the problem. Every game, the aliens,in a pack, harass the marines to slowdown resource captures. The aliens save up for invisible, double armor rhinos. Everyone evolves into an invisible double armor rhino. The marines lose.


    Also, a good rule of thumb is that a rookie is equivalent to an empty player slot on a team.

    Vetinari
  • VetinariVetinari Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Posts: 3,469 Advanced user
    Supanoodle please could you be quite because you are chatting nonense and derailing the post

    Please look up the meaning of the word "forum".

    I'm tempted to make a snarky comment but I'm sure it's pointless since it will get edited anyway.

    And yet, you did it anyway.

    Yes, but it's a different snarky comment than the one I would have made. It's also more meta.
    formerly known as F0rdPrefect

    I am good Onos
    coolitic
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    Stark wrote: »
    Hear that? It's the sound of PMs being sent.

    That sound somehow smell funny...

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

    Starkcoolitic
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Members Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Posts: 495 Advanced user
    AQUA5 wrote: »
    @SupaDupaNoodle do you live in a bubble? The comp scene is the only thing that kept this game alive. NS2 just lost a big chunk of their long term players. Players that were devoted to the game because of comp. This is not a casual shooter, ns2 at its core is competitive. Without a platform for higher skill you leave the player with nothing to pursue.

    The comp scene did not just form out of thin air, a lot of time and work went into it. We had an established platform that is shutting down, and you are suggesting that a new one will form eventually in game that is over 4 years old. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Piss off to some f2p mmo.

    Why do you act like you can tell me how I can, should, and must, enjoy this game?

    This game is a lot more than a "comp" only game. I regularly play on servers which are full in the evenings/weekends, with people who improve as they gain experience in the game, and who have no idea that there is a NSL, and cannot name a single "comp" player if asked.

    They have fun, and so do I.

    This game is not all about you. Clearly, it is you who is in the bubble.

    The platform is shutting down because those running it are shutting it down. Take up your problem with them, and don't throw your filthy language at me.

    I won't "piss off to some f2p mmo" just because you are telling me to. Disgusting arrogance on display here.
    SupaDupaNoodle
    I'm a signature virus :D Copy me into your signature!
    (Ribo @ Jan 2 2013, 10:43 AM) wrote »
     ##EMPHASIS ADDED##
    Ok, here is the problem. Every game, the aliens,in a pack, harass the marines to slowdown resource captures. The aliens save up for invisible, double armor rhinos. Everyone evolves into an invisible double armor rhino. The marines lose.


    Also, a good rule of thumb is that a rookie is equivalent to an empty player slot on a team.

  • VetinariVetinari Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Posts: 3,469 Advanced user
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Stark wrote: »
    Hear that? It's the sound of PMs being sent.

    That sound somehow smell funny...

    We're all gonna get banned for derailing, I'm telling ya.

    *high fives @Kouji_San *
    formerly known as F0rdPrefect

    I am good Onos
    Kouji_Sancoolitic
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Members Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Posts: 495 Advanced user
    Locklurr wrote: »
    I can't believe I logged into my 2nd account for this. But I did want to thank a certain group of people.

    @SupaDupaNoodle, you should realize that your opinion is based on little to no experience with how these things work and should stop embarrassing yourself with these posts.

    Saying things like "the comp scene will go on" is simply delusional. To argue otherwise is simply speculation with no evidence or foundation with which to build your argument on. If you look at how it was built in the past (and how it builds in any game) and simply think of how that would be possible now.. you'd soon realize that it's extremely unlikely to happen and just let it go.

    Since I have been banned on my main account though, I just wanted to post here and say thanks to everyone involved in the competitive scene, it was an enjoyable time and that was thanks to many people. I can't possibly list them all but I will list a few:

    Wasabi, RedDog, Zefram, Blind, Dragon and Mendasp were responsible for the things that mattered most and I am the most thankful for their time and efforts.

    If a new comp scene won't develop, who cares? If you guys aren't enjoying the game, stop playing it. No one is forcing you.

    But please remember that it is ending through your own actions.
    SupaDupaNoodle
    I'm a signature virus :D Copy me into your signature!
    (Ribo @ Jan 2 2013, 10:43 AM) wrote »
     ##EMPHASIS ADDED##
    Ok, here is the problem. Every game, the aliens,in a pack, harass the marines to slowdown resource captures. The aliens save up for invisible, double armor rhinos. Everyone evolves into an invisible double armor rhino. The marines lose.


    Also, a good rule of thumb is that a rookie is equivalent to an empty player slot on a team.

  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, BelgiumMembers, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Posts: 1,305 Advanced user
    WasabiOne wrote: »
    I can still remember everyone telling me that the WC was never going to happen and that it was a bad idea. Even through some of the drama and chaos it took to get it all together it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The memories from that event will stick with me forever. I just wish I had been able to find a way to make it happen again.

    Thank you to all those who worked behind the scenes at the NSL over the last few years. Your efforts are mostly unknown by many and you deserve so much more credit than you get. To all the teams and players, man oh man, thank you for the hours of game play and entertainment. Your time and dedication made it worth all the hours of conversations, emails, teamspeak craziness, lol sessions, sore throats, hair loss and streaming fun.

    10/10 would donate again.
    moultanomeatmachineScout255
  • LocklurrLocklurr MemphisMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2014-04-16 Member: 195443Posts: 9 Fully active user

    If a new comp scene won't develop, who cares? If you guys aren't enjoying the game, stop playing it. No one is forcing you.

    But please remember that it is ending through your own actions.

    I haven't been playing, just simply pointing out that your argument is flawed.

    Yes, all good things come to an end. And this one has been a long time coming.
  • YaluzanYaluzan Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester Join Date: 2013-07-30 Member: 186474Posts: 53 Advanced user
    It was fun while it lasted, I'm glad to have met so many nice ( and less nice) individuals in the past 3.5 years. Hope we'll meet in other games!
    SEASON 1 AND SEASON 2 FTW.
    ensl.org Head Admin, can contact for anything NSL related.
    TinkimigalskiScout255
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Members Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Posts: 495 Advanced user
    edited May 2016
    NotPaLaGi wrote: »
    Personally, I can't wait for the new 1v1 comp scene: Kasharic vs SupaDupaNoodle! Should be an epic time!

    I hope you keep trolling in whatever game you blight next.

    You guys don't speak for the entire competitive community. A few of you just threw a tantrum because you don't like healthbars and decided to take the league away from all the other comp players. Pathetic really.
    SupaDupaNoodle
    I'm a signature virus :D Copy me into your signature!
    (Ribo @ Jan 2 2013, 10:43 AM) wrote »
     ##EMPHASIS ADDED##
    Ok, here is the problem. Every game, the aliens,in a pack, harass the marines to slowdown resource captures. The aliens save up for invisible, double armor rhinos. Everyone evolves into an invisible double armor rhino. The marines lose.


    Also, a good rule of thumb is that a rookie is equivalent to an empty player slot on a team.

  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    AQUA5 wrote: »
    @SupaDupaNoodle Your lack of experience with the competitive scene and your inability to see the importance of it is the real arrogance here. You do not cater to the competitive nor do you particapate in it. How can you speak on its behalf.

    He's got opinions man, don't you see! Who was it again who said, some opinions should be made fun off. Oh yeah o/

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

This discussion has been closed.