Bought the "early edition" in 2014 - where can I get my key?

ShubawksShubawks Join Date: 2013-07-04 Member: 185923Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hey,

I bought one of the 10,000 keys back in 2014 I believe when Subnautica was first announced. I want to try the game again, but I cannot find the key that I had purchased previously. Any ideas?

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    If it was redeemed through Steam or a similar service, then it should still be attached to your account. If it wasn't, then it should be in your email unless it was deleted.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    @Shubawks Your purchase was probably through Humble Bundle. Check your email for their name, or log onto their site using your old login details and you should be able to get access.
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    edited April 2016
    EARLY EDITION MEMBERS UNITE!!

WpmR9Q.jpg
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    Nice hull plaques!
  • ShubawksShubawks Join Date: 2013-07-04 Member: 185923Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Obraxis wrote: »
    @Shubawks Your purchase was probably through Humble Bundle. Check your email for their name, or log onto their site using your old login details and you should be able to get access.

Checked on Humble Bundle through my library and Subnautic was not there - any other ideas? :sweat:
  • That_Gaming_Guy1That_Gaming_Guy1 A Strange Water Planet Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216198Members
    wait i bought the game a few months ago will i still get hull plates and cutefish and all that other stuff?
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Man, I WISH I HAD KNOWN ABOUT SUBNAUTICA way back then!
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    wait i bought the game a few months ago will i still get hull plates and cutefish and all that other stuff?

According to Trello, the Cutefish is for anyone that purchased the Early Access version of the game. Hull plates seem to be only for early adopters of the game and certain Youtubers. It is possible that we will get our own generic version
  • ShubawksShubawks Join Date: 2013-07-04 Member: 185923Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So no other answers for the early adopters and I'm SOL? Is there a support email I can contact or something like that? :( I would really like to get my Early Backer stuff and not have to buy the game again.
    Bump, still haven't been able to find my key, no support system for Unknown Worlds. Would really like to play the game.
  • AdmiralPainAdmiralPain Germany Join Date: 2016-04-02 Member: 215206Members
    Bump, still haven't been able to find my key, no support system for Unknown Worlds. Would really like to play the game.

I realy don´t understand what is your point.
    You bought a Key, activated Subnautica on Steam and lost the Key? How is that possible? And for what you need a Key after Activation?
    Or you Bought a Key, never used it, and now you search for it, cause you lost it?
    Or you lost your Steam or else Account Data, where the Key was activatet with, so you cant use your Lizenced Games? Then nobody but your Memory could help you, to find the Account your Key belongs to.

Realy annoying thing, i realy don´t understand what you want.

Normal thing is, you get a Key, activate it, and it lasts forever on your Account. Simple login with the Account the Key was used in. ;)
  • Cynical_ScrubCynical_Scrub England Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214540Members
    Yeah, how did you lose your key?

Did you never activate it?
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I see your hull plates, and i raise you...

Hull Plates :smile:
    dde49mitdo3q.jpg
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    edited May 2016
    Obraxis wrote: »

The SteamId2 has changed to a new SteamId type and I can't get my hull plate. How do I do it?

EDIT:
    Doesn't UWE have a customer database with my account data for this purchase?
    Yeah, how did you lose your key?

Did you never activate it?

That is correct I never activated the game.
  • zimzumzimzum Join Date: 2004-09-02 Member: 31200Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2016
    @zetachron You're contributing to the highjacking of shubawks thread. I don't think he cares about hull plates atm.
    Hull plates were an old, old thing. You may want to send a pm to Obraxis or one of the other forum mods for help with that. People not getting their hull plates was dealt with eons ago. It may also not be available any longer - those are things to ask a mod about.

@shubawks If you obtained a key, it would have come from humble bundle or another (questionable) reseller. I don't think there was another authorized dealer at that time, but I could be wrong. So, you would need to contact their support.
    If you purchased it through steam, it would be in your library. If it's not, contact steam support. Nothing can be done about that here.
    Ultimately, your best bet is to contact a forum mod directly for assistance. Such as @Obraxis

Good luck.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2016
    I'm currently away on vacation buy you can try emailing subnautica-support [at] unknownworlds.com

However as I said all purchases and hull plates were carried out through Humble Bundle.