Future of the Reinforcement Program - Natural Selection 2

1234568»

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    RapGod wrote: »
    So, how is this going?

I suggest you look at the Trello
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It is going like Hugh has suggested.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited November 2014
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    So, how is this going?

I suggest you look at the Trello

Does the trello board show how well the new deals have gone?

Not going to the trello on a topic that is closely related to this thread.

Edit - just went there. I didn't see anything about how well this new sale went. I did find some funny things that are on the back burner, though. Hope those don't get fixed.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer

What are you talking about? The Reinforcement pack that was discussed in this thread isn't available yet. If you look on the Trello under the Done category, it's clear that things are being worked on in relation to it.
  • PuphBallPuphBall Join Date: 2013-06-06 Member: 185488Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Don't let the babbler icons go! We need more babbler icons for sale!!
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited November 2014
    Decoy wrote: »

What are you talking about? The Reinforcement pack that was discussed in this thread isn't available yet. If you look on the Trello under the Done category, it's clear that things are being worked on in relation to it.

I must have misunderstood - was just asking how the money-raising was going. Not asking what is going to come out of it. My bad. Was just a friendly question. I won't ask again.

Edit - didnt realize the proposed idea wasn't in effect.
  • baudelairebaudelaire USA Join Date: 2014-06-27 Member: 197022Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2014
    Please, I beg of you: I've been an NS player since hlwn 2002: Wait till the end of the month to change this, I want to get the reinforcement shadow level by the end of the month! :(
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think the Shadow tier will stay open but all levels below it will no longer be available, this seems to be a happy compromise to what everybody wants.
    If you missed the sales, I assume there will be more during the holidays. Still have today to buy it, though!
  • jzono1jzono1 Join Date: 2013-09-23 Member: 188429Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Somehow I've lost my shadow skins ingame, sometime the last year or so. Didn't have time to play so didn't notice exactly when I lost them - what do I do to get my lovely shadow gorge skin again?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    jzono1 wrote: »
    Somehow I've lost my shadow skins ingame, sometime the last year or so. Didn't have time to play so didn't notice exactly when I lost them - what do I do to get my lovely shadow gorge skin again?

Check if the dlc is activated if you right-click at ns2 -> properties -> dlcs .

If you are missing the dlc go to https://www.humblebundle.com/home and log in with the email you bought the reinforcement pack with. And look for the dlc skin codes.

If those don't work anymore please contact first the steam support and then the humble bundle support.

In-game have a look at the customize menu ;)
    Is the "deluxe dlc" the right dlc in steam?

Can't find dlc skin codes on the humble bundle page with the email I bought ns2 with.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Deluxe is something different alltogether, and is entirely unrelated to the reinforcement program, if that's what your asking.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Deluxe is something different alltogether, and is entirely unrelated to the reinforcement program, if that's what your asking.

I think it is the only option that shows up on his Steam. But the Forum badges allow us to confirm that you get the said badge you're looking for. That's very weird.
    I had shadow skulk and gorge last xmas, then in january I stopped playing and since then they disappeared. :(

Shadow skulk was selected when I entered the customization menu a few days ago, and after switching to regular skulk I couldn't select shadow again.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    And what about the armors provided with the shadow pack? Do they work?
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Sorry @Jzono1, You have to upgrade to the latest REAPER class In order to use your SHADOW class Skins.
    #AAA.
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Sorry @Jzono1, You have to upgrade to the latest REAPER class In order to use your SHADOW class Skins.
    #AAA.

Stop lying you fool! Nice try though. :D
    edited December 2014
    Armors used to work, but don't anymore.

Edit:

Okay, getting reaper solved everything.
    Found a hidden link in my humble bundle page that revealed a few more keys that I didn't see before, all but one were activated already on my account, and the new one was the dlc with the cosmetics.
  • Hitman[GER]Hitman[GER] Join Date: 2011-11-29 Member: 135845Members
    how i can now get my shadow bag i will pay the 75 $ ....
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    how i can now get my shadow bag i will pay the 75 $ ....

You can't get any of the reinforcement tiers anymore! The program has been finally shut down as announced at the beginning of last month.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    RIP reinforcement program. Lucky I got my shadow tier!!
  • M1SF0RTUNEM1SF0RTUNE Join Date: 2013-09-14 Member: 188207Members
    I feel very late to the party to join this discussion, but honestly, I want to bring my own thoughts and feelings to the mix.

Once upon a time I used to be an avid fan of the original NS1 mod. The concept was absolute genius, it was fresh, I loved the setting and the world. The gameplay and teamwork was even better, and I enjoy playing as a commander every chance I get.

During the development of Natural Selection 2, I had enormous hopes for the game and I wanted to find ways to support it. However, there was very little I could do other than the word of mouth, since I was out of a job around that period. I couldn't support the game in time to snag the black armor, and while bummed to miss out on a chance to say "I was there in the very beginning, and I've got this thing to prove it," ultimately I cared more about the game's release and popularity in the long run. I even went so far out of my way as to pick up 10 copies of the game that I gave to friends.

Then came the Reinforcement Program. I felt this was a second chance to try and support the game, except do far more. However, there were continued difficulties with finances. I had planned for a while to donate the Shadow Pack, and I wanted to make sure I could allot that kind of money since I wasn't sure if there could be an incremental purchase (buy a low pack first, then pitch in to a higher value).

Then tonight was the night I was able to pitch in what I originally wanted to give. Unfortunately, I realize too late that the Reinforcement Program has come to a close, and I missed my chance yet again to give Natural Selection 2 more meaningful support.

I wish I could request that the program could come back, maybe in a way that could get more traffic, but I understand the reasons behind it. While I'm disappointed to miss out on cool stuff, and really pitch in something toward NS2, perhaps my favorite multiplayer game I've ever played, I hope adding to this conversation and continuing to show my love and gratitude for keeping the game going might be enough.
  • GhozerGhozer Join Date: 2003-05-22 Member: 16617Members, Constellation
    There are still lots of us who were unable to afford anything under the Reinforcement program, who are now in a better situation... I landed on this page looking to purchase one of the reinforcement packs today.. :( - as a Previous Constellation member, and pre-orderer of NS2 (with Black Armour etc) - I wanted to add to my collection of badges, and in-game items!

I MAY still purchase one of the packs from steam, depending on the items in them, but I feel that going via steam takes some of the funds used away from UnknownWorlds - as steam always takes a cut...