Out of ressources?

FinrodFinrod Germany Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207683Members
I quickly reached the point that i cant find enough titanium and especially quartz to finish my base. i farmed up all the quartz in the safe shallows, underwater islands and that mountain biome between grassy plateus and the grand reef. I need tons of glass for windows, large aquariums and observatorys but i just cant find enough and they dont seem to respawn. Any tipps or ideas on that?

Comments

• nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
    Try using the scanner room for finding them Easley and try going to the crash site there might be there some
  • NirNir Cape Town Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216223Members
    The blood kelp abyss should have all the quartz you need and more. The area around the Aurora has a lot of scrap metal, if you don't fear the reaper.
  • FinrodFinrod Germany Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207683Members
    nitay1998 wrote: »
    Try using the scanner room for finding them Easley and try going to the crash site there might be there some

I dont really get the idea of the scanner room. I dont want to build a new base with its own power supply every 100m to cover the area. Even with 4 range upgrades you can barely overlook a region you couldnt clear wit a seamoth in like 2 minutes.

Blood kelp abyss is new to me, gonna search for that.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Nir wrote: »
    The blood kelp abyss should have all the quartz you need and more. The area around the Aurora has a lot of scrap metal, if you don't fear the reaper.

Yep Bloodkelp biome has TONS of quartz and soon with the Lost River update there will be a 2nd Bloodkelp zone as well. Believe me you wont get quartz shortage with them. the Deep Grand Reef also has lots of quratz, altho to get to most of them you need an upgraded Seamoth and/or Cyclops as theyre mostly under 200m deep there.
  • blurbrerrrblurbrerrr Join Date: 2015-10-03 Member: 208281Members
    edited May 2016
    the dunes should have a fair amount of titanium and quartz
    but thats also the last place you wanna be...
    that place is reaper territory!
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    ...use console... :D No really, I know that feeling. That was also those few times I was so lazy when I used console in survival :'( Not proud of it... But it is option :D
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Sadly there are no mines ingame where you could build harvesting stuff. Was the first thought when I began playing Subnautica. "And how do I get resourses when I picked up everything?"
  • nekozjinekozji uk Join Date: 2016-04-29 Member: 216121Members
    Really hoping the devs will eventually come up with an answer to the lack of renewable materials - even if it's a mine that needs a nuclear reactor and 20 plasteel ingots to get it started, and sucks power like it's scotch :smile:
    I thought the lack of renewable resources was bad too but that is what pushed me to explore and discover new biomes; some of which are totally mind-blowing.

With food & water being renewable, and titanium & quartz being aplenty in their respective biomes, at the moment I'd wager resource distribution is fairly well balanced in the subnautica world.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Ressources, any of them, are aplenty. You'll never miss any if you know where to look and to know where to look well .... you need to go out and look :wink: After a few hours of exploring, you'll mostly know where everything is and where to go to find a specific ressource in mass.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Running out of resources was a beginners problem of mine. They are simply distributed around the world, while you start without knowledge where to find them. With time you improve though.

Second, the devs have constantly changed the resource situations to make it easier for beginners. Some respawn now and the scanner room could help you finding hidden resources.

So I think it's a matter of time for you and most others.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Hm zeta..., for most res I agree. Strangely I have always problems in the "late game" with copper. Charging fins ease it a bit and if/when the Charging stations come in I guess copper won`t be my problem anymore.
    Hm zeta..., for most res I agree. Strangely I have always problems in the "late game" with copper. Charging fins ease it a bit and if/when the Charging stations come in I guess copper won`t be my problem anymore.

As I know most of the map, I usually get more than enough. But I also avoid using useless energy cell eating tools like the cyclops or the guns. That means I mainly need the batteries to recharge the laser cutter. And as you said, soon the rechargers and cyclops docking will cancel the problem. It might get problematic if you like to use plenty of labels and picture frames though.
    Yeah Cyclops is a bi*** of a power cell eater and damn slow. Bit strange for a high powered submarine.
    Yeah Cyclops is a bi*** of a power cell eater and damn slow. Bit strange for a high powered submarine.

With the new cam system, lights and proximity display the cyclops is now perfectly fit to slowly navigate even throgh tight spaces like the deep reef. That's the good part. And there it ends.

I always assumed the cyclops would be able drive like a seamoth and be able to avoid or fight leviathans like the seamoth. Only harder to control with its giant mass. But it seems it's more intended to be a mobile carrier than a navigatable sub that can tilt and roll.

And the same with the vision. The cyclops lights blind your cockpit view and only allow close sight. Good for the deep reef, bad for the lava zone. It's pitch black down there and mission impossible to navigate there with the cyclops where a seamoth can see enough even without sonar.

If the cyclops would be vulnerable to sea dragon attacks, then it would be a dead duck down in the black of the lava zone.
    Hm, seems like Cyclops will keep on rusting in my games unless they force me using it (oxygen problems or other reasons they might find). xD
    edited May 2016
    Just found a good picture gallery of how to waste lots of copper using labels and frames:

ChPRCltUUAARDmh.jpg:large

Now I really need more copper!
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Hm, seems like Cyclops will keep on rusting in my games unless they force me using it (oxygen problems or other reasons they might find). xD

The cyclops has one major use IMO - hauling lots of resources from A to B. So if you wanna build a huge base in, say, the ILZ, you can take your clops somewhere like the crash zone, stuff it to the gills with titanium and quartz, and then head to the area you want to build.

Also they're revamping dive depths for the seamoth and cyclops so soon you will need the clops to get deep.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    Just found a good picture gallery of how to waste lots of copper using labels and frames:

ChPRCltUUAARDmh.jpg:large

Now I really need more copper!

I have this sudden urge to use labels and frames a lot more. Those images are very creative.
    A lot limestone chunks (containing copper) can be found on the pillars surrounding the sparse reef.
  • FinrodFinrod Germany Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207683Members

If the cyclops would be vulnerable to sea dragon attacks, then it would be a dead duck down in the black of the lava zone.

IS he already there or only spawnable?

Finrod wrote: »

IS he already there or only spawnable?

I haven't seen any down there (but how could I in this pitch black anyways?), so I think only spawnable.
    With you talking about pitch black, I`m missing a bit something like this ingame .