When the next update

Comments

• Space_JesusSpace_Jesus Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182732Members
    edited May 2016
    zetachron wrote: »
    @zetachron: Have you any problems with my post here in this thread? Anything wrong with it? Why you teach me and others all the time?
    Whats the reason for your behavior?

A call for attention?

Why so aggressive? Have I done something particularily? Teaching? ...

I don't have any problems with your post here and thought we're discussing. So if you want to complain about something, be more precise.
    I think it's time for both of you to calm down. We're a civilized community here, not a pit full of wild creatures clawing at each others throats.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    @After_Midnight Yes I like to speculate a bit (based on some knowledge and experience), talk much about a game I like and its features or suggestions (hey, attention) and regret my unlucky cam comment. Never seeked personal conflicts like you though, although I have my failures.

I like to talk about the game. You like to talk more about the devs and the fans failures, the cuts and what you think of broken promises, because you're probably angry about the way the game developped from its promising looks. What are you seeking? You're simply unfair and I don't want to get to your level.
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    edited May 2016
    Jesus freaking Christ, stop with these stupidly unnecessary arguments, you too.
    This is a pretty big update you know? How about you all be more patient, is that cool?
  • frazmifrazmi Kentucky Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214471Members
    Just two examples but THIS is your behavior all over in this forum. It sucks. {snip} Many others here have a simple question and you tell them why the earth is round. Without to address the main question. It's so annoying. {snip} You're just a smart aleck with an attention deficit disorder. Nothing else... ... I really hope its precise enough for your understanding....
    Two comments:
    First, I enjoy @zetachron's posts and find them informative. This isn't a court of law where the witness is constrained to answer only the question asked. It is, as he said, a discussion. Which implies that the track of the text is not under the control of any single poster. So, @zetachron, please keep your posts coming.
    Second, I find whiny and sarcastic complaints, such as some posted by @After_Midnight (see quoted text above for example) useless and annoying.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I think it's time for both of you to calm down. We're a civilized community here, not a pit full of wild creatures clawing at each others throats.

Thank you!

• PandrotylePandrotyle australia Join Date: 2016-05-04 Member: 216326Members
    not to cause more harm than good I would like to say that I understand wanting more from the game/devs in the way of updates/content and yes it dose seam to be behind but being behind is good it means thay want more in this game as mutch content as thay can do into it look at something like ark or rust even the forest all good early access games but compaird to this game I see more in this at once where getting entire biomes xbox one support and vr bug fixing more creatures/ai story retextures base addons when subnautica releases content its a chunk of stuff its a time taker to make and im proud to say ive never seen this much love for a games content im more than happy to wait until its 100% done before release im also happy to see a game/dev team give life to a game unlike a lot of other games that get half way throw development and stop its early access timetables are just to keep a state of direction when planning out development of content and is always prone to change 90% of the time for most games even ones like mass effect Andromeda and so forth and also if anything like trello isn't seaming like its always eg everyday updated I wouldent be surprised if thay where making some content and not telling anyone to surprise people in someway. I would like to add this is not a rant/pointed out to anyone person just to put this out for people to read if anything this game is by far one of the best games ive ever seen as none can compare to its ability to astound me every time I play it.
    also devs about a year ago I was playing and in the middle of the water at the edge of the map when I hoped in the sea moth it said something that 100% surprised me idk what triggered it or if I was losing my mind but I could have sworn it said I like it when you some inside me? care to explain or am I crazy
    not my experience but what its what happened
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Don`t fight each other, renember we are all here cause we care about a game we like. Some may be a bit more offensive in liking it and tell other more directly what they think (like me) others calmer.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    @Pandrotyle - You're not crazy. I have not experienced this, but I've read that it was an easter egg of sorts in the game at one point, something someone threw in to be funny. It has since been removed, presumably because its a bit too risque for the sort of game rating they probably want to get, and also completely breaks the tone/feel of the game.
  • BonaldBonald Fartzville Join Date: 2016-03-05 Member: 213887Members
    Pandrotyle wrote: »
    not to cause more harm than good I would like to say that I understand wanting more from the game/devs in the way of updates/content and yes it dose seam to be behind but being behind is good it means thay want more in this game as mutch content as thay can do into it look at something like ark or rust even the forest all good early access games but compaird to this game I see more in this at once where getting entire biomes xbox one support and vr bug fixing more creatures/ai story retextures base addons when subnautica releases content its a chunk of stuff its a time taker to make and im proud to say ive never seen this much love for a games content im more than happy to wait until its 100% done before release im also happy to see a game/dev team give life to a game unlike a lot of other games that get half way throw development and stop its early access timetables are just to keep a state of direction when planning out development of content and is always prone to change 90% of the time for most games even ones like mass effect Andromeda and so forth and also if anything like trello isn't seaming like its always eg everyday updated I wouldent be surprised if thay where making some content and not telling anyone to surprise people in someway. I would like to add this is not a rant/pointed out to anyone person just to put this out for people to read if anything this game is by far one of the best games ive ever seen as none can compare to its ability to astound me every time I play it.
    also devs about a year ago I was playing and in the middle of the water at the edge of the map when I hoped in the sea moth it said something that 100% surprised me idk what triggered it or if I was losing my mind but I could have sworn it said I like it when you some inside me? care to explain or am I crazy
    not my experience but what its what happened

Punctuation is a nice thing. You should try it some time.
  • AzeckAzeck The Netherlands Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216090Members
    @zetachron: Have you any problems with my post here in this thread? Anything wrong with it? Why you teach me and others all the time?

A call for attention?

I don't have any problems with your post here and thought we're discussing. So if you want to complain about something, be more precise.

Just for your better understanding:

You don't start arguing. You teachest me and many others here. You seem to know everything. You seem to know everything better.
    I've not asked any questions. You answer it anyway.

For examples just your last replys of my posts here: (and please use a translator if you don't understand it)

After_Midnight: 141.3 MB update atm for the experimental version... (just for the record)
    Zetachron: The whole weekend was without update since 32077, so no wonder. More a sign of internal problems if they step out of daily updates for some time.

Where did you get this informations? You're a developer of the game or a really close friend with internal knowledge?

After_Midnight: They've added a cam for the cyclops for example.
    Zetachron: The new cyclops cams aren't 100mb size.

Where the hell I claimed that the cyclops cams have a file size of 100MB ?

Just two examples but THIS is your behavior all over in this forum. It sucks.

Many others here have a simple question and you tell them why the earth is round. Without to address the main question. It's so annoying.

You're just a smart aleck with an attention deficit disorder. Nothing else...
    So if you want to complain about something, be more precise.

I really hope its precise enough for your understanding....

I didn't bother to read the entire story because it's just pathetic, just keep quiet this is a forum about subnautica not about saying who did what.
  • sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
    is the update going to be released tomorrow
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Sabin...it's a SURPRISE...wait until tomorrow to find out...

Who knows, I'm going with "maybe"...but like you I'm hoping!
  • drbrianzdrbrianz USA Join Date: 2016-05-02 Member: 216293Members
    sabin77 wrote: »
    is the update going to be released tomorrow

It seems unlikely :|
    Jeez. You just had to come out and say it...so, anyone care to put $20 on whether they blow the August release?
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    edited May 2016

A call for attention?

Well space jesus,a certain someone has been rather aggressive on the forums lately.Don't you agree?Im sure all this Unnecesary arguing would end if the certain someone stops aggressively attacking people.

Yes,many people get their information from the devs.Discord allows you to talk directly to the devs.I get my information there and im sure many other people do as well.Cory,Obraxis and others Devs occasionally go there to answer questions and talk to the community.I'd recommend everyone here make a Discord account.

Also,correcting someone when they get something wrong isn't being a "smart alec".Zetachron may seem rude but i assure you that he has good intentions.If someone stated that the Warpers would be 10 times the size of the player,correcting him isn't being a smart alec.Although Zetachron does provide additional information that might not relate to the topic at hand,insulting him is not necessary.

@After_Midnight If i were you,i would not go around angering the community.Your reputation has been dragged through the mud enough already with your posts.I wouldn't advise acting so aggresively in the future if you dont want to be seen as toxic person.
  • After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    @DefectiveDelfin: You're not me. You're not like me. You're complete different to me. So its unnecesary for you to give me hints about my acting here.
    I'm not stupid. I know exactly what I write here and I know the likely reactions.
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    @DefectiveDelfin: You're not me. You're not like me. You're complete different to me. So its unnecesary for you to give me hints about my acting here.
    I'm not stupid. I know exactly what I write here and I know the likely reactions.

Yeah you definitely dont understand my posts
    The only way i can say this is bluntly and honestly,i think you are pretty immature.No one here is claiming to know you,im only saying that everyone will see you in a negative light if all you do in the forums is insult people.
    Then why do you do it?The whole community dislikes your posts yet you continue to insult people for no reason other than "he corrected me hes a smart alec"

I'd advise you to stop being unnecesarily rude to people for no reason on the forums.
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    edited May 2016
    You two should really try to stay silent, before I report these offensive acts to the moderators.
  • After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    edited May 2016
    I'd advise you to stop being unnecesarily rude to people for no reason on the forums.

You've to advise me nothing. Absolut nothing. Not you.

@zetachron: I think we can rest our dispute. No reasons for more words about that. Sorry! Thank you!

• nekozjinekozji uk Join Date: 2016-04-29 Member: 216121Members
    edited May 2016
    Insane wrote: »
    We've been dealing with a rather nasty performance issue related to our LOD work which pushed things back for us, but we hope we have got it sorted now.

I think everyone can agree that this is good news :wink: Looking forward to the update, thanks for the hard work!
    Ok, now we all flood Insane with the ideas of what we want in the game, right? Where did I put my list?? It was just here...

So maybe y'all should just keep doing what you're doing, get this amazing damn game a little closer to done...
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    yomama wrote: »
    Jeez. You just had to come out and say it...so, anyone care to put $20 on whether they blow the August release?

Postponing THAT I`d totally like xD
    Meaning they take more time clearing bugs putting stuff ingame, but that`s something not many Game companies can do since "no game out=no money".
    And for @Insane , at last a response; you did even give a reason why that I didn`t even wanted, but I appreciate that. Thanks.
    Maybe to explain the sometimes invisible work of the devs, it's that most devs usually spend more time bugfixing than adding new features. If you look at Trello's Subnautica Bugfixing and Playtesting you can see what I mean. And bugs are especially nasty in calculating when they get resolved. You can estimate features to get implemented, but not that much getting bugs or unexpected problems to get eliminated.

I regret being an issue of disturbance. If someone feels I'm being inappropriate he can pm me. It might be better to hear someone complain before the emotions explode and taking it into the thread.
    Imagine how much fun it would be if they just added stuff and didn't fix anything...
    They blow the August release, they gonna have a bunch of people on the internet mad at them! We're going to have to find our big boy/girl pants and wear them...

Anybody here feel they haven't ALREADY gotten $15 worth of happiness from this game?

Subnautica is cheaper than...
    ...going to see yet another lousy Hollywood crapfest

...fajitas at the Mexican place that are guaranteed to give you the runs

......the asian massage place...subnautica also won't give you the CLAP

...more things on Steam than I can count that aren't anywhere near this awesome
  • Freeman79Freeman79 Sweden Join Date: 2015-09-22 Member: 208093Members
    To change the subject, break the ice and show the Devs some love, I hope there's some kind of introduction of the Sea Emperor in the game, like getting a radio call from one of the other survivors telling they sighted a very large creature roaming the ocean, not specifically where or in which biome, just a general warning about something large.
    Guy who did the writing on Talos Principle is doing subnautica story...safe to say it's in GOOD HANDS
    Freeman79 wrote: »
    To change the subject, break the ice and show the Devs some love, I hope there's some kind of introduction of the Sea Emperor in the game, like getting a radio call from one of the other survivors telling they sighted a very large creature roaming the ocean, not specifically where or in which biome, just a general warning about something large.

I think it's part of the story told in the PDA logs found at abondoned or precursor bases (unvoiced or voiced at some time?). The Sea Emperor though is not to bee seen roaming but imprisoned from the yet unknown precursors.

I personally hope the devs include a wrecked cyclops torn to pieces at the Lost River, where you find a captain's log on PDA somewhere in the wreck parts, talking about the dragonlike creature they almost escaped and they shouldn't have digged that deep for mithril ore (or was it uranium?)
    +1 to Zetas wishlist