Reefback improvement?

AveragecatAveragecat Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216241Members
Right now in the game the Reefback doesn't do much and i was thinking about some things that could be added.
1. Maybe it could be a host to some hostile fish who protect the reefback
2. When you attack the reefback with a knife it drops some valuable resource (valuable because the hostile fish will protect it)
3. it can eat tiny fish by sucking them in and if you are near you will get trapped in the reefback and there might be some resource in there too? idk. Also you attack the uvula to escape
That's it and i'm pretty sure none will be added but these are just suggestions :smile:

Comments

• coldsnapcoldsnap Join Date: 2015-12-26 Member: 210395Members
    I like them the way they are, they're basically a piece of scenery, and an awesome one at that. That said, it would be awesome if the largest ones really did have a small ecosystem on their back, like in the concept art (with an actual coral reef that grows as the reefback ages, inhabited by small passive fish). It might also make sense gameplay-wise to have some kind of unique resource, maybe a specific type of coral, that could only grow on the shell of aged reefbacks.

I assume the devs have more than enough on their hands already, but hopefully we will see some flavor additions like this in future updates.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Averagecat wrote: »
    Right now in the game the Reefback doesn't do much and i was thinking about some things that could be added.
    1. Maybe it could be a host to some hostile fish who protect the reefback
    2. When you attack the reefback with a knife it drops some valuable resource (valuable because the hostile fish will protect it)
    3. it can eat tiny fish by sucking them in and if you are near you will get trapped in the reefback and there might be some resource in there too? idk. Also you attack the uvula to escape
    That's it and i'm pretty sure none will be added but these are just suggestions :smile:

Similar to Remoras? These are sucker fish that hang around beneath sharks and feed on their scraps. Might make them fill in their side of the symbiotic relationship by protecting reefbacks like you said, but only if the reefback is hit (releases a cry of pain maybe).
  • AveragecatAveragecat Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216241Members
    Similar to Remoras?
    Exactly
  • epicwaffle567epicwaffle567 USA Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215176Members
    I like the idea of it
  • AttumaAttuma Antarctic Join Date: 2016-04-20 Member: 216004Members
    They should be able to mate, procreate. I wanna see baby reefbacks.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited May 2016
    Attuma wrote: »
    They should be able to mate, procreate. I wanna see baby reefbacks.

Reefback eggs are already in the game (Although I think you can only obtain them via console).
  • tickeratickera Australia Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216399Members
    edited May 2016
    coldsnap wrote: »
    I like them the way they are, they're basically a piece of scenery, and an awesome one at that. That said, it would be awesome if the largest ones really did have a small ecosystem on their back, like in the concept art (with an actual coral reef that grows as the reefback ages, inhabited by small passive fish). It might also make sense gameplay-wise to have some kind of unique resource, maybe a specific type of coral, that could only grow on the shell of aged reefbacks.

I assume the devs have more than enough on their hands already, but hopefully we will see some flavor additions like this in future updates.

That would only make sense considering they are called Reef Backs