Huge 115 MB update

CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
A huge 115MB update came down just now for Experimental. Anyone know what's in it? Can someone ping the Devs?

Comments

• TheJewelOfJoolTheJewelOfJool Southwestern Ontario Join Date: 2016-01-11 Member: 211261Members
    If it's not really anything cool, I will be dissapointed.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    Wait a minute...
    cyqrgqx27cha.jpg
    Need sunglasses, Devs. Implement, plz!
    s1z4k434homp.jpg
    Gabe's Father used to be ugly, white. But now... I've never seen them this detailed.
    hgnz6soj0nef.jpg
    No more pop-out/pop-in on these when you look at them from a distance than move close in. Yes!
    eycq8jsl9fov.jpg
    5hdjgybgbm5a.jpg
    Were these always this detailed?

IS it just me, or is this game taking a dozen levels of beauty every single day? Wow... I don't care if this thing ever gets a 1.0; just keep doing whatever you're doing to make it so awesome, Devs! Hold on, I need some air. Lemme hover over this for a tick...
    t0qd6abg2smu.jpg
    Wait...

"In computer graphics, accounting for Level of detail[1][2][3] involves decreasing the complexity of a 3D object representation as it moves away from the viewer..."

And from the Trello...

Brandt Wojak completed Gabe's feather on Plant LODs an hour ago

Brandt Wojak (brandtwojak)Brandt Wojak completed ball clusters on Plant LODsan hour ago

Brandt Wojak (brandtwojak)Brandt Wojak completed jelly plant on Plant LODs an hour ago

Brandt Wojak (brandtwojak)Brandt Wojak completed spiral blue things on Plant LODs 2 hours ago

Jonas Grohmann (jonasgrohmann)Jonas Grohmann joined Fix scaling issue with animated props yesterday at 11:50 AM

Jonas Grohmann (jonasgrohmann)Jonas Grohmann added Fix scaling issue with animated props to To Do yesterday at 11:49 AM

Brandt Wojak (brandtwojak)Brandt Wojak completed brown coral tubes on Plant LODs yesterday at 11:48 AM

Brandt Wojak (brandtwojak)Brandt Wojak completed spike plant on Plant LODs yesterday at 9:28 AM

Brandt Wojak (brandtwojak)Brandt Wojak completed plant middle 12 on Plant LODsyesterday at 9:24 AM

Brandt Wojak (brandtwojak)Brandt Wojak completed plant middle 10 on Plant LODsyesterday at 9:22 AM

Brandt Wojak (brandtwojak)Brandt Wojak completed plant middle 11 on Plant LODsyesterday at 9:22 AM

Brandt Wojak (brandtwojak)Brandt Wojak completed plant middle 09 on Plant LOD syesterday at 9:20 AM

Brandt Wojak (brandtwojak)Brandt Wojak completed plant middle 08 on Plant LODs yesterday at 9:18 AM

Brandt Wojak (brandtwojak)Brandt Wojak completed plant middle 06 on Plant LODs yesterday at 9:15 AM

Gradually, no more pop-in/pop-out! Woo-hoo!
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Trello roadmap also tells us that the scanner room and the Aurora expansion for the exosuit is finished. Can't test now, but it might already be inside.
  • R1600TurboR1600Turbo AZ, USA Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204090Members
    Hopefully I'm not the only one super excited for the LODs.
  • gondamxxxxgondamxxxx Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215514Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    The big update to experimental is a number of LODs and the new Blood Kelp 2 area. :wink:
    The game also adds ReactorRod and UraniniteCrystal。
    Not only that; extra modules are restored on all Fabricators. Seamoth has its three hull upgrades again, the Modification Station has the ultra hull upgrade, etc. So awesome--but damn that Creepvine be so yello I need Sunglasses, man!
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Does the better LODs improve the performance of the game too? I mean later in the stable version, of course. You said guys "no more pop ins/pop outs". But hey, from the screenshot, it looks really nice :)

Sorry if my question is dumb (it propably is), I don't know much things about these issues.
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    EVERYBODY!!! Stop yo chat!!! Let's go to PLAAAAY!!!! yee-ha!
    Thanks for Devs!
  • GoretogGoretog UK Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216082Members
    Still no depth upgrades for my seamoth in my seamoth mod station and i'm on experimental =(
  • After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    Goretog wrote: »
    Still no depth upgrades for my seamoth in my seamoth mod station and i'm on experimental =(

You've to start a new game or switch to the creative mode in your current save game ;)
  • GoretogGoretog UK Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216082Members
    that's not fair I just started a new game and got my cyclops this morning.... GOD DAM IT!
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=PkRbT6KmlKY&feature=youtu.be
    Yep, this is basically the update showcase (sorry for the lag)

And I also forgot to add that Sea Treaders have turning animations now. Sweet!
    Can't wait to see them being added to the world.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    edited April 2016
    Goretog wrote: »

I had the same problem. Somehow after destroying my seamoth and destructing the upgrade consoles it was in again. Maybe you only need to do that and save, then load. And rebuild everything, maybe with "nocost" toggle console command. But I also think it could be a bug that's gone now. So try again before starting new, because the really best time for a total restart will be next week when the update gets finished.
  • coldsnapcoldsnap Join Date: 2015-12-26 Member: 210395Members
    Haven't played for a few days, but noticed yesterday that the loading time has gone from 2 minutes to 15 seconds. :)
  • WaterfallWaterfall Cherbourg/FR Join Date: 2016-03-27 Member: 214918Members
    Hum... what does LOD mean ?
    Is it an abbreviation ?
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited April 2016
    Waterfall wrote: »
    Hum... what does LOD mean ?
    Is it an abbreviation ?

LOD = Level Of Detail.
  • After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    LOD= Level of details. If you far away from a mushroom tree for example the details of the 3d model and the texture are decrease. If you come closer to it the details will increase.
    Its very performance related.
  • nekozjinekozji uk Join Date: 2016-04-29 Member: 216121Members
    Darn, I was really hoping it would be the recipes for the new Seamoth depth modules. Old one got taken away a week ago, new one seems accessible only via console ^^;
  • Sgt_SassSgt_Sass Join Date: 2016-02-13 Member: 213004Members
    Yes! Moar LOD! Less popping!