Launcher crash (not working)

HerrVonKraftHerrVonKraft brazil Join Date: 2016-04-12 Member: 215693Members
Heya fellow players, is anyone having trouble initiating the launcher? Mine simply crashes, it doesn't even show the launcher itself, just a small bar window that stops working. Any ideas?

Comments

• CakeCake Join Date: 2016-04-12 Member: 215701Members
    Same problem here, hope there's a fix.
  • HerrVonKraftHerrVonKraft brazil Join Date: 2016-04-12 Member: 215693Members
    edited April 2016
    Seriously? No answers? I can't even report it in game and my only option is through here, NO ONE, can help?
    I've been exchanging emails with Josh Grohmann who's apparently the lead software engineer at unknown worlds. I'll update you if he can help me find a fix for the problem. I'm literally having the same exact problem as you so it isn't an isolated incident.
    Okay. Thanks mate. I appreciate your help!
    HEEEEELP PLEASEEEEEEEEE
    HEEEEELP PLEASEEEEEEEEE
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited April 2016
    maybe you can add some tech info? Some operation system's LOG (software section or videocard log) or a game crash report... anything, that we can try to help. But not only phrase "its not working"
    Alright it's my fault. I don't know how to get that log you said, but the problem itself is that I cannot even open the game config window to start it. The window stops working after a couple of seconds, I can hear the launcher's music but that's it. It stops working after some time. Iwonder if you guys need to know my pc config but it's a i7 2600k, Geforce GTX 750 Ti and I get 8gb ram. That's pretty much it.
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited April 2016
    Which Windows did you have? 7,8,10?
    did you install SP1 for Windows? sometime its help to resolve some problems. in my case its work
    Try to install updates on Windows and support software, update video driver, C++, .NetFrameWork, DirectX, .....
    If you hear a game's music, then game STARTED! but something not work correctly to launch it. Usually - its a support software problems. Even if another game working fine in some game can present a problems
    by what i know everything is up to date. I'm not sure what is wrong as I always do the updates and things like that. The game was working fine, but it stopped outta nowhere and i've never been able to play again.
    edited April 2016
    and did you play before? I mean its happen after some game's update ? If 'Yes' so try to ask Obraxis directly - maybe he is miss this topic. So He can make some 'special' advise or support. Sorry that I couldn't help
    No, it wasn't after an update, it simply stopped working. One day I was playing, and the other day I couldn't anymore. I made no changes in my pc or anything that's why i don't know what to do.
    then in its only Obraxis can help, sorry pal... Let him all tech info which can help to analize your situation.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hi, please follow the TroubleShooting guide here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=448862051

Post your specs, logs and repoduction steps for your issues. Thanks
    Description of the problem: When you click start game on steam, it tries to open the config launcher, from where you're supposed to launch the game itself, but it doesn't happen. A small bar window appears with the Subnatica name, the options of minimize, maximize and close, other than that, nothing. It starts the game's music, however.

Steps for reconstruction:

Open the game from steam
    Small bar window appears
    Window message "stopped working" pops up.
    Only option is to close. (Yes i've tried waiting.)

PC config:
    Windows 7
    i7 4600k
    Nvdia GTX 750 Ti - All drivers up to date
    8GB memory
    That's what I can remember. There was no prior modifications on my pc before the problems, one day the game was working, and the other it wasn't anymore. And my anti virus is norton.

http://pastebin.com/VrgwiWTc - subnautica log
    edited April 2016
    sorry didn't mean to double post
    I fixed the problem by making a new account on the computer and playing with that account. I didn't even have to reinstall the game.