How to enable fullscreen?

GreenWitcher1GreenWitcher1 Your Face Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216026Members
The game plays in borderless windowed mode, I'd rather have it in fullscreen. This problem was reported on trello.com (https://trello.com/c/04jeY8dG/722-18592-game-never-runs-in-true-fullscreen) about a year ago, and it seems that it still hasn't been fixed. I know that this is also a problem with Unity Engine games running directX 11, since games like Elder Scrolls Online had the exact same problem until it was patched in.

Is there a way to get it working true fullscreen.

Comments

• GreenWitcher1GreenWitcher1 Your Face Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216026Members
  • EpicIan60142EpicIan60142 Illinois Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207263Members
    I think there is an option for windowed mode in the main start up menu (when you start up the game). It is probably still ckecked in your case. I'm not sure though. If it is, all you have to do is uncheck it.
  • GreenWitcher1GreenWitcher1 Your Face Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216026Members
    I think there is an option for windowed mode in the main start up menu (when you start up the game). It is probably still checked in your case. I'm not sure though. If it is, all you have to do is uncheck it.

No, the windowed mode option isn't checked. The issue is that the game runs in borderless fullscreen mode, instead of true fullscreen. I'm not sure if you know the difference? When a game runs in borderless fullscreen, you can move/tab between windows on your desktop a lot easier instead of minimizing the game. When it's in true fullscreen, the game needs to be minimized. If you check the link I posted, you'll see that this problem was actually reported a year ago. And unfortunately when games run in borderless fullscreen instead of true fullscreen you can't use features like SLI, and your framerate is reduced. This happens with all PC games.

I'm just trying to get the game to run in true exclusive fullscreen instead of borderless. There's nothing in the options menu that allows for that, and there isn't anything in the F3 in-game menu. Is there a config file that I can edit? Or some sort of console command to force true fullscreen?
  • EpicIan60142EpicIan60142 Illinois Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207263Members
    Ah. Well if that's the case, then I don't really know. I'm not the best computer genius so maybe someone else could help you? Sorry I couldn't help much :-/
    Ah. Well if that's the case, then I don't really know. I'm not the best computer genius so maybe someone else could help you? Sorry I couldn't help much :-/

I'm rather surprised that you don't know the difference between borderless fullscreen, and true fullscreen. A lot of PC gamers know the difference...

Doesn't look like there's a way to get this running in true fullscreen. Is there a way to let the devs know?
  • Space_JesusSpace_Jesus Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182732Members

I'm rather surprised that you don't know the difference between borderless fullscreen, and true fullscreen. A lot of PC gamers know the difference...

Doesn't look like there's a way to get this running in true fullscreen. Is there a way to let the devs know?

Careful with that attitude, mate.