Complete List Of Art Tutorials

2»

Comments

• MilitaryPoliceMilitaryPolice Join Date: 2003-10-12 Member: 21623Members Posts: 418
    edited January 2005
    Stickage!!

Thanx kylie, with all these, im definetly sure to learn a thing or two.

j00 r0x0r5 my b0x0r5 tsa.gif

Just cleaning up old leeched images, nothing to see here.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    user posted image
  • Fog_cartoonsFog_cartoons Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20658Members Posts: 361
    yeah, stick this, I was looking for it a few days ago...which is odd.
    IPB Image
    QUOTE(Snidely)
    QUOTE(DrSuredeath)
    The British Army was defeated by a French girl once
    Then the French burnt her, and they never won any significant battle against us afterwards. Good game, guys. Way to eject a winning com
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation Posts: 2,428
    OMG thats what i have been exactly looking for ty soo much!
    A doctor in the Medical Wing with one blank eye beat me to death with a rake, shouting “It’s just... a standard... procedure!,” then made a verbal note of my time of death.
  • SRT_RabbSRT_Rabb Join Date: 2004-01-31 Member: 25808Members Posts: 678
    for the love of god please sticky this post, i dont have the patient to bookmark all these!
    user posted image
    <3 Bashh
    Me7a11ica (3:17:22 AM): where i have to say: it's two h's ****er
    DubYa Tee Eff m8 (3:17:25 AM): Holy mother of batwoman its BASS-H man!
    Me7a11ica (3:17:30 AM): lool!
  • Fog_cartoonsFog_cartoons Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20658Members Posts: 361
    It's artwork related, this is an artwork forum, and this is very useful.
    IPB Image
    QUOTE(Snidely)
    QUOTE(DrSuredeath)
    Then the French burnt her, and they never won any significant battle against us afterwards. Good game, guys. Way to eject a winning com
  • CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation Posts: 4,708 Advanced user
    Well, im going to keep this thread alive until I get a suitable reason for it not being stickied
    IPB Image
    QUOTE(Snidely)
    QUOTE(DrSuredeath)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    edited July 2004
    QUOTE (Fog_cartoons @ Jul 20 2004, 10:06 PM)
    Well, im going to keep this thread alive until I get a suitable reason for it not being stickied

Its a good thread. But if you really want it stickied why not PM a mod? It usually works faster smile.gif

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

• coilcoil Amateur pirate. Professional monkey. All pance. Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 424Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor Posts: 7,511
    You can use the "Report Post" function to request a sticky. In this case, I certainly agree; great job, Kylie!
  • kyliegirlkyliegirl Gorge Master Australia Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10586Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,364 Fully active user
    more new tutorials added worth a look, theyre extremely good tutorials. smile-fix.gif many which i use to learn to colour right smile-fix.gif
    lerking around, gorging on all your food then skulking away.
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members Posts: 7,019
    I wonder if we could find some GIMP tutorials to add to that list... Some of the photoshop tutes are still usefull to GIMP users, but it's hard to do the translation of what X means in Y, expecially if you are new.

Here are the basic tutorials from the gimp website to get things started off, but I bet there are a fair bit more out there that would be really nice to see...
    O_O image
  • FlopperFlopper Join Date: 2007-09-26 Member: 62442Members Posts: 13
    Myabe its just my browser or smthn, but many of those links either dont work, either "404 not found" (classic) either smthn else O.o
    *IMAGE BALEETED.* Sigs may not exceed 400x75 or 22KB. No exceptions. -Talesin
  • kyliegirlkyliegirl Gorge Master Australia Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10586Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,364 Fully active user
    QUOTE(Flopper @ Oct 3 2007, 07:02 AM) »
    Myabe its just my browser or smthn, but many of those links either dont work, either "404 not found" (classic) either smthn else O.o

i will fix the tutorial page soon.. when i get around to it
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu
  • StixNStonzStixNStonz Join Date: 2006-11-06 Member: 58439Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,185 Fully active user
    Please do. I came here a couple days ago and found the same thing. I'm getting really into photoshopping, and am frantically doing every tutorial I can in the attempt to become a decent texture mapper. I've come to realize that (a) the more you know about Photoshop, the better and quicker you are, (b) there's almost an infinite amount of stuff to learn in photoshop, hence if you follow (a) you're screwed, and © there dont seem to be that many great tutorials for creating textures from scratch (like most scifi textures).

Video tutorials are especially awesome. But please, link anything you can.
    Professional Game and Level Designer, thanks to NS!
    Creator of Ns_Nexus (ns1); Main thread found here.
    QUOTE(StixNStonz @ Oct 6 2007, 07:23 PM) »
    Please do. I came here a couple days ago and found the same thing. I'm getting really into photoshopping, and am frantically doing every tutorial I can in the attempt to become a decent texture mapper. I've come to realize that (a) the more you know about Photoshop, the better and quicker you are, (b) there's almost an infinite amount of stuff to learn in photoshop, hence if you follow (a) you're screwed, and © there dont seem to be that many great tutorials for creating textures from scratch (like most scifi textures).

Video tutorials are especially awesome. But please, link anything you can.

good idea, i know a few video walkthroughs of art.. i will see about lining those up for people too
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu
    ok all done for now.. the kharaa tutorials i will add soon when i make them up for ya.. cheers
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu
  • Browser_ICEBrowser_ICE Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6944Members Posts: 698 Advanced user
    If I remember, a while ago, there used to be a tutorial on making a starfield.

It would be cool to also have the following for realistic environmental maps:

- photoshop starfield creation
    - photoshop planet creation
    - photoshop nebula/galaxy creations
    Browser [ICE]

GMAX support forum moderator at www.turbosquid.com

You can find my own NS Steam background below all done in full 3d !!!
    My Artworks available at Turbosquid until I find more space
    and at my DeviantArt
    Pre/Selection status
    GWFilms
    QUOTE(Browser_ICE @ Oct 9 2007, 01:55 AM) »
    If I remember, a while ago, there used to be a tutorial on making a starfield.

It would be cool to also have the following for realistic environmental maps:

- photoshop starfield creation
    - photoshop planet creation
    - photoshop nebula/galaxy creations

if you look closely i have added the planet tutorial and nebula tutorial. i will add the starfield tutorial again now.. it was also created by the same guy who did the planet tutorial
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu
  • Browser_ICEBrowser_ICE Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6944Members Posts: 698 Advanced user
    QUOTE(kyliegirl @ Oct 8 2007, 06:27 PM) »
    if you look closely i have added the planet tutorial and nebula tutorial. i will add the starfield tutorial again now.. it was also created by the same guy who did the planet tutorial

I just remembered, I think I have somewhere at home, links for the same tutorials but done with 3d max. I'll check tonight.
    Browser [ICE]

and at my DeviantArt
    Pre/Selection status
    GWFilms
    QUOTE(Browser_ICE @ Oct 11 2007, 02:24 AM) »
    I just remembered, I think I have somewhere at home, links for the same tutorials but done with 3d max. I'll check tonight.

if you do have some 3ds max tutorials i will ass them onto the list and make a 3ds max tut, i think a few ppl use that on this forum smile-fix.gif
    just pm me the links ^^
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu
  • StixNStonzStixNStonz Join Date: 2006-11-06 Member: 58439Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,185 Fully active user
    http://www.iwannamap.com/tutorial.php?type=model

Iwannamap.com has a good amount of video tutorials, but I found the 3ds max ones to be EXCEPTIONALLY good. Video tutorials are even better than a classroom imo, and these ones are phenomenal. There are 4 there for 3ds max; modelling, UV Mapping, skinning and compiling. That brings you through the entire dev cycle of a prop in Source.
    Professional Game and Level Designer, thanks to NS!
    Creator of Ns_Nexus (ns1); Main thread found here.
    QUOTE(kyliegirl @ Oct 11 2007, 05:16 PM) »
    if you do have some 3ds max tutorials i will ass them onto the list and make a 3ds max tut, i think a few ppl use that on this forum smile-fix.gif
    just pm me the links ^^

I sent you a PM with the links.
    Browser [ICE]

and at my DeviantArt
    Pre/Selection status
    GWFilms
  • NSSlayerNSSlayer Join Date: 2006-11-12 Member: 58554Members Posts: 64
    Hi!

Can anyone help me about making those Fancy "join team" textures for ns? Im interested in those fancy stripes that makes it like a hologram.
  • nogoodnicknamenogoodnickname Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46172Members Posts: 480
    this artwork section seems now pretty much lethargy
    real nick: RNG
  • classone07classone07 Join Date: 2009-11-19 Member: 69423Members Posts: 1
    QUOTE(Dirty_Harry_Potter @ Oct 26 2003, 04:39 AM) »
    You BETTER not teach me how to work well in art and photoshop, cause there's NOTHING you can teach me!
    w00t! I got myself a free art tutor! so i see :O

I find little Different Photoshop work when i came here.. I wonder, how nice u all seems to be!!
    hi all, I enjoy reading, walking, outdoor team sports, alternative medicine and listening to music. I like to exercise and take health care measures with friends in spare time.
    Skin Tag Removal, Remove Skin Tags
    The front page has now been updated with working links and new tutorials (and some old ones) enjoy!
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu
  • zipy124zipy124 England Join Date: 2014-06-27 Member: 197004Members, NS2 Playtester Posts: 21 Fully active user
    some of the links don't work if you are still here please can you update?
    Sorry, I haven't played in ages, I will try to update/edit these links.
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu