Official Gorge Race! Mod thread

2»

Comments

• MCMLXXXIVMCMLXXXIV Join Date: 2010-04-14 Member: 71400Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2048878:date=Dec 21 2012, 02:25 AM:name=Chops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chops @ Dec 21 2012, 02:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2048878"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Mindstorm, I am actually not familiar with setting up servers to run it. I usually just test it on a local by running the map through the command console (map ns2_underground). If the mod is loaded you should be able to do this.

Eventually I want to have a server to host this mod, but currently I do not have that set up.

Magneto. I don't think so, currently you would only be able to do it either through lua code and/or through a custom model.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    @Chops: I think there's a spare core or two on the SN server. When the mod's ready to go I can ask Wolf if he'd like to host an instance there?
  • MindstormMindstorm Join Date: 2012-12-17 Member: 175356Members
    So this project came to a complete stop or?
  • DerAkademikerDerAkademiker Join Date: 2012-12-19 Member: 175540Members
    edited March 2013
    I also hope this is not dead.
    I watched the video on the Workshop page two days ago, and somehow this melody (Soundcloud Link) jumped into my mind...so I made a mix really quick. It has a drum solo!
    May be too aggressive for a Gorge Race, what do you guys think? :D
  • ApdorApdor Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183735Members
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    I got some ideas, you can draw from them or use them as inspiration or don't use them. Just throwing out some ideas. Of course you could also have already thought of my ideas.

Collectable items:
    For example:
    An item that gives you a single Bile Bomb that shoots and bounces off of walls, like a green shell from mario kart N64.
    An item that regenerates adrenaline when obtained.
    An item that allows the gorge to blink once.
    An item that releases a blinding cloud of spores. It does damage but is mostly used to blind gorges behind the player.
    An items that releases a cloud of Umbra that slows down other racers behind the player.
    An item that allows the gorge to breathe fire for 10 seconds. Fire will stop adrenaline regeneration.

Limit number of clogs to 5, make clogs slow down gorges to 85% speed when being touched.

Make spit deal 5 damage and shoot 50% damage and slow by 5%, not stacking.
    Slow duration for 2 seconds.

Hydras that are dropped during the race will remain on the course during the next race.
    Hydras will not be retained for the following race.
    Hydras deal 20 damage
    Hydras will slow down enemy gorges with each spike, by 2%, stacking.
    Stack lasts for 2 seconds.
    This will add an element of strategy.

Patches of infestation that act as speed boosters.
    Apply celerity visuals when on patches of speed boosting infestation.
    Speed boosting infestation is different from the default infestation.

Hive that spawns Gorge eggs at the top of the race course.

Add a stylistic alien speed-o-meter.

Jumps that go over cliffs that fall down to a pit of lava.

Change belly-slide physics to be a little bit more like drifting with a car.
    Maintain all over movement functions, walking, jumping, in their current state.
    Add braking.

Add more death falls and pits onto the maps.
    Add a feature that spawns you back on the race-track near where you died recently.
    You could die from pits or from enemy gorges and hydras.

Anyway, thanks for reading my ideas. I hope this post was helpful.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Won't work with latest builds :(
  • ChopsChops UW Technical Artist (and Store Guy) Join Date: 2009-08-06 Member: 68373Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Pistachionauts
    I have an update coming guys. Sorry for the stall in development.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    AWWW YEAH IT'S WORKING
  • lifesfunlifesfun Join Date: 2011-02-24 Member: 83302Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The mod is giving a files differ from the workshop error. Has anyone run this mod on their server lately?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    lifesfun wrote: »
    The mod is giving a files differ from the workshop error. Has anyone run this mod on their server lately?

It was broken 4 patchs ago or so
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    ?
    I could get it to run 2 patches ago.
  • lifesfunlifesfun Join Date: 2011-02-24 Member: 83302Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    That is too bad I have had some players requesting it. I guess we are bumping the thread. Hopefully it works again soon!
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Brian hasnt posted something for months now,
    seems not like he will fix this someday.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Im creating a gorge rush map :)
    Have anyone picked up the mod?
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Chops wrote: »

WHEN!?!?!?
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Chops wrote: »

WHEN!?!?!?

That necro...

you have this mod:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222681399
    check it out