Another shot down ship?

dargan012dargan012 Hungary Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214957Members
edited April 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
There are some spoilers below.

So by this time im sure everyone knows about the secret organization that the devs are planning to add it into the story line
But probably that secret organization shot down the Aurora (You can read that in one of the old crewmembers who got their ship struck by an unknown projectile.

But the whole idea is that when you're nearing the end of the story (by now you basicly know about the secret organization and how they shot down your ship) And at the end of the game you can see a giant ship like the Aurora (maybe came to help you or just came to terraform the planet) and then you can see a giant beam or a projectile that comes out of the water and shoots down that ship and crashes into the lava moon (planet)

It think its a cool idea and i dont know how hard would this be for the devs to make but hope you liked it :)

Comments

• JustamachJustamach The Earth Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215586Members
    Idk I kinda like the idea of a rescue after you build the radio (or repair) but maybe it is the secret organization coming for something in the Aurora before leaving, maybe doing something to the Aurora. The reason I don't like the idea of another ship being shot down is because it might just feel like its a repeat of what happened in the beginning.
  • NevercallmebynameNevercallmebyname Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207155Members
    Justamach wrote: »
    Idk I kinda like the idea of a rescue after you build the radio (or repair) but maybe it is the secret organization coming for something in the Aurora before leaving, maybe doing something to the Aurora. The reason I don't like the idea of another ship being shot down is because it might just feel like its a repeat of what happened in the beginning.

Not really. You're experiencing the crash from the ground this time. You get to dodge the debris and pray that it doesn't hit you and then there's the possibility of finally having some company while you wait for an actual rescue.
  • JustamachJustamach The Earth Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215586Members

Not really. You're experiencing the crash from the ground this time. You get to dodge the debris and pray that it doesn't hit you and then there's the possibility of finally having some company while you wait for an actual rescue.
    I suppose so, I was thinking more along the lines of after it does crash you'd have to redo everything you already did once. It's a cool idea, but if they do it they should be careful of how they execute it.
  • NevercallmebynameNevercallmebyname Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207155Members

I suppose so, I was thinking more along the lines of after it does crash you'd have to redo everything you already did once. It's a cool idea, but if they do it they should be careful of how they execute it.

WHY would you have to do everything you've already done again? You'll probably want to get aboard the second wreckage to look for more technology but the engine isn't necessarily going to have ruptured again. What else do you think you are going to have to do again?
  • creeper_wickcreeper_wick Life Pod 19 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215184Members
    This would be an interesting way to have other players join, making it multiplayer when or you ask for rescue, causing a rescue ship to crash down, which has the other player (more players, more ships crashing too).

Now the only thing that has to be solved is how the ship is deleted after exploration on it, so that way the world isn't taken up by multiple ships.
    Prob just a large creature eats the ship or causes it to explode into tons of metal salvage.
    This would be an interesting way to have other players join, making it multiplayer when or you ask for rescue, causing a rescue ship to crash down, which has the other player (more players, more ships crashing too).

Now the only thing that has to be solved is how the ship is deleted after exploration on it, so that way the world isn't taken up by multiple ships.
    Prob just a large creature eats the ship or causes it to explode into tons of metal salvage.

I think it would be easier to just have multiple escape pods for that to be honest
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    That could be "beautiful" but why call a rescue ship if you know there is a large beam who will shot down every single ship entering atmosphere ?
  • dargan012dargan012 Hungary Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214957Members
    I think that you dont call the ship but that ship is searching for those other ships that were shot down too like the Aurora