Where to put the fragments of the scanner room

AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
In which wreck do you think the fragments of the scanner room should be placed?

I'd suggest somewhere like the kelp forest wrecks or the koosh zone one, on even the further mushroom forest.

Comments

• raven2010raven2010 USA Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204980Members
    They have a wreck. Deep sand zone
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    I'm not sure if these positions are final, other wrecks are being planned so it might be moved.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The scanner room is advanced tech to let you find everything you've not found so far and it allows a lot more. So I'd think you should find it really remote in a wreck that has a shaft labyrinth leading to a last room with a sealed door. The wreck is infested with spiders and when you open the sealed door you release a swarm of deadly biters. You only find 1 there and the others are at other wrecks of the same kind. All wrecks with a minimum depth of 300m.

Or maybe you only find 3 pda's with logs leading to a special wreck, where you find a data key to access some security doors inside the Aurora. Once you've repaired the reactor, the emergency procedures give access to the other parts of the ship, but you need that security data key to gain access. Same with exosuit technology. The data key is lost in the world and pda's show you were to search and find it. Then you can return to the Aurora.
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    The scanner room is advanced tech to let you find everything you've not found so far and it allows a lot more. So I'd think you should find it really remote in a wreck that has a shaft labyrinth leading to a last room with a sealed door. The wreck is infested with spiders and when you open the sealed door you release a swarm of deadly biters. You only find 1 there and the others are at other wrecks of the same kind. All wrecks with a minimum depth of 300m.

Or maybe you only find 3 pda's with logs leading to a special wreck, where you find a data key to access some security doors inside the Aurora. Once you've repaired the reactor, the emergency procedures give access to the other parts of the ship, but you need that security data key to gain access. Same with exosuit technology. The data key is lost in the world and pda's show you were to search and find it. Then you can return to the Aurora.

Well it's quite a good idea, and personally I think that it's better than having it guarded by a Reaper Leviathan.

Also I'd advise against having it as late game material for a simple reason: When you are far in the game and you got most of the stuff crafted already, what would be the utility of a room that scans for more resources?

It would be more useful in the middle of the game.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    zetachron wrote: »

Well it's quite a good idea, and personally I think that it's better than having it guarded by a Reaper Leviathan.

Also I'd advise against having it as late game material for a simple reason: When you are far in the game and you got most of the stuff crafted already, what would be the utility of a room that scans for more resources?

It would be more useful in the middle of the game.

You might be right with middle game, as the scanner map would allow to link locations to a global midgame map, thus allowing a complete new way to link any kind of data findings through radio or pda. With the help of the scanner room it would allow treasure hunting for a lost target tech. It would also allow to display a rock formation from a pda and the player would have to find exactly this formation. Or a 2 map sequence: First you see a point SE of the Aurora on the global map and then it switches to the local rock formation map of that area. There you find a sunken seamoth and nearby a lost pda.