List of old and annoying bugs that need fixing!

Comments

• 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yes. I like to fp spec skilled lifeforms
    This reminds me, the match before on jambi my marine minimap wouldn't display any icons (player icons, structure icons etc). This was bad for my situational awareness to say the least. I've never seen that before, and I don't play on jambi often, so I guess it's map related; however other people on the server assured me it's not. So I'm throwing it in here anyway.

This is something I only ever have noticed on jambi. I suspect it's a map problem. Maybe.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited March 2016
    Small bug: When you have babblers stuck to your gorge, you cannot place clogs directly underneath yourself while on the ground, whereas you can when you don't have babblers on you.

With babblers, you have to jump to place clogs underneath you. Without them, you can stay on the ground and simply look at the floor and place the clog and it will move the gorge on top of the clog that has just been placed.

Presumably, with babbler armour, the babblers that are stuck to you are blocking where the clog is trying to be placed (as the clog shows up red and even does so even for a small while mid jump before you are enough of a distance away from the ground). Interestingly, I don't think free-roaming babblers do the same thing, although I could be wrong about that.
  • zoljazolja Join Date: 2003-06-06 Member: 17057Members
    How about the fixing the horrible AI of macs and babblers? Macs will spazz out and weld and stop welding and run around between points randomly...poor guy keeps asking for updated firmware. And babblers seem to jump across the room in slow motion and take an eternity to find a target. Looking at them you would think they're fast and furious not slow and stupid.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    macs always try to get behind you, so if you keep moving your mouse it needs to reposition itself. try to minimize rotating your player model.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    macs always try to get behind you

Macs are sinister, man. *plays x-files theme*
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    macs always try to get behind you, so if you keep moving your mouse it needs to reposition itself. try to minimize rotating your player model.

Funnily enough, this was a fix to everyone complaining about Macs always getting in their LoS during fights. People just never got the memo that that bit was fixed, so they keep trying to look at the mac while it's really trying its darndest to do what it's told without getting in the way.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2016
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Rubber banding when running directly behind and very close to a fellow marine.
    You may need to have Multi-threaded physics enabled to reproduce. (who doesn't tho?)

edit: Update the OP @Yojimbo !

This was fixed several builds ago
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can finally tick view spawn bug off the list!

Keep the bugs coming guys, so we can pool together the most hated / annoying bugs to the top of the list!
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    edited March 2016
    Calego wrote: »

Funnily enough, this was a fix to everyone complaining about Macs always getting in their LoS during fights. People just never got the memo that that bit was fixed, so they keep trying to look at the mac while it's really trying its darndest to do what it's told without getting in the way.

Easy solution, let macs weld and move at the same time. At the very least allow them to weld during their "get behind player" routine if you think welding while running is a little OP.

It doesn't have to be properly animated. The mac does not have to be facing directly at the player it is welding the whole time. Just fudge it a bit so it works.
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    edited March 2016
    Calego wrote: »

Need a new voice line for mac: "Please, turn your back while I weld you".

(I'll edit-out an obvious joke)
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Tinki wrote: »
    Hive stats not showing KDR (it was suposed to be fixed by hive 2.0 in october 2015, but only added to "doing" on the trello in january. And now it's in 'TO DO")

It was broken by your KDR being too high :dizzy:
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Aeglos wrote: »
    Foxy wrote: »
    sen wrote: »
    Today as a fade and some months ago as an onos on Refinery I got stuck on the edge of the vent connecting Falls with Chasm, on the falls side. Unstuck didn't work, I couldn't egg. Both times I had to !kill my higher lifeform. I haven't spent any time trying to reproduce this, but it is unfun.

I had this same issue, I've reported it in the internal map thread so it should hopefully get fixed soon.

Do people still read the annotates from the console command or is that outdated already?

It was broken and then it apparently got fixed, but I couldn't make it work. The annotations are meant to go to the mantis bug tracker, but they never made it there. We are trialling a new bug tracker now anyway, so it's best to report map issues on the forum.
  • migalskimigalski Boston Join Date: 2014-07-02 Member: 197181Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can hitreg in general be fixed/worked on? Lately warping seems to be getting worse in general, not sure if its server side problems or the game itself
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    migalski wrote: »
    Can hitreg in general be fixed/worked on? Lately warping seems to be getting worse in general, not sure if its server side problems or the game itself

That does not sound like hitreg issues. It sounds like netcode issues.

If it is a hitreg problem, read the instructions linked in my signature on how to objectively test hitreg. Follow them and collect data so the devastating can know what the problem really is.
  • migalskimigalski Boston Join Date: 2014-07-02 Member: 197181Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nordic wrote: »

That does not sound like hitreg issues. It sounds like netcode issues.

If it is a hitreg problem, read the instructions linked in my signature on how to objectively test hitreg. Follow them and collect data so the devastating can know what the problem really is.

I think its more the netcode, i never have problems on training and vs bots on self hosted servers but multiplayer on a majority of servers, the hit reg just deteriorates in general, and warping is really bad on a lot of the servers
    edited April 2016
    I have done quite a bit of hitreg testing as described in the instructions, and it is in a really good spot. The trailing skulk issue still exists and is known. There is a rare lerk hitreg issue that I can never reproduce when I happen to be recording video. When testing I don't see the that many hitreg issues overall.
    I have done quite a bit of hitreg testing as described in the instructions, and it is in a really good spot. The trailing skulk issue still exists and is known. There is a rare leak hitreg issue that I can never reproduce when I happen to be recording video. When testing I don't see the that many hitreg issues overall.

Not sure if you've experienced it but countless servers mid to late game warping becomes atrocious, especially playing at higher ping. Servers from Deano's, NL(from comp servers) become horrible for na players occasionally as well as almost all eu pub servers. Even Na servers like ibis and DMD, everything begins to warp and stop registering hits properly as the game goes on. Talking to countless Eu comp players they experience this as well but it worse on NA servers for them. Any time i play on eu servers my console is filled with invalid collisions
    Again, that sounds more like netcode issues than hitreg issues.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but that bug where your build tool/welder spazzes out when trying to build something.
  • 3X4L73X4L7 Join Date: 2014-06-13 Member: 196510Members
    Netcode is an issue, but that's up to server admins...

Population of the game does hinder their resolve, but it would be nice to occasionally avoide the high pingers.

Let me take a step back, It would be really nice to not play with red pings. The EU pings aren't the worse, but....

When my skulk bite misses and misses, sure enough their ping is above 125.

Even when aiming, the need to change shooting style based on the netcode you see is getting stupid. One alien with ubber low ping and an alien with ubber high ping....enough of this will get me to quit playing to reduce frustration.

Back when CS1.6 was a thing, players netcode was an issue and players who's ping was too high were asked to leave...or were looked at as cheating because the ping would not have supported the ability to play well.

I'm not sure if the netcode this game has is for playing with EU players or for the movement of the aliens...
    but if it's for the previous it would be nice to occasionally play with similar ping players.
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but that bug where your build tool/welder spazzes out when trying to build something.

yea that does happen to me. Does it happen when you are on the side of the power and it just doesn't want to build? I don't know if it's the angle/animation messing up, but I've seen this happen a bunch of times.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

I think it's more to do with the angle & distance you are building from.
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue

Build 279 brought many changes regarding the netcode. Sadly in my opinion it was not tested well and the "fixes" made everything even worse. Server performance reminds me at times before CDT started optimizing the game. There is a vast number of servers who can't hold the load anymore (including my Playground) and Interpolation Warnings / Fails happen fequently (and may be an indication of your warping issues) on all servers even tho have a lot of idle left.
    Yojimbo wrote: »

I think it's more to do with the angle & distance you are building from.

Sometimes. But that one time it happened that made me write that post, I was definitely close enough. In fact I was hugging the powernode, basically.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts

Yesss.. I've hated this since before launch.
    It just annoys me so much and makes me cringe, thinking of how many others must see this fundamental mechanic glitching out from time to time.

I've added it to the new public QA trello, thanks for the reminder.

• AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    I'm here to complain about cysts again.

Is it intended for structures to block the cysts pathing? Or cysts to block mobile structures from moving past them? Is it a learn to play issue like don't trap your drifters behind structures?
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited May 2016
    I can't find whoever mentioned it to quote, but I had the comm chair not socketing the power bug while seeding on the TF server (playing against bots)

Map was Veil, I dropped a chair in Pipeline and when I ran there the power was unsocketed... I didn't try to get into the chair after building it, and was able to drop the power once I got back to control... but it's still a bug that should be fixed. Any structure dropped should automatically socket power.
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    comm chair doesn't drop power

This is not a bug; the command chair doesn't need power to function, and so doesn't automatically socket it.

If I'm remembering correctly, the bug I think the other poster mentioned was that sometimes the CC doesn't open after being finished. Unrelated to power (as far as we know, since we can't reproduce it to test).
    Keats wrote: »

This is not a bug; the command chair doesn't need power to function, and so doesn't automatically socket it.

If I'm remembering correctly, the bug I think the other poster mentioned was that sometimes the CC doesn't open after being finished. Unrelated to power (as far as we know, since we can't reproduce it to test).
    To add to this, I tried to reproduce the bug as I read what @Deck_ said. I dropped a new chair. Killed old chair. Built new chair. The power was unsocketed, but I was able to get in the chair and drop the power.
    Keats wrote: »

To add to this, I tried to reproduce the bug as I read what @Deck_ said. I dropped a new chair. Killed old chair. Built new chair. The power was unsocketed, but I was able to get in the chair and drop the power.

That's wierd, i've had the same situation multiple times and it didn't allow anyone to enter. I even made a post about it here from a while ago when we lost a game due to the chair not working without the power.