List of old and annoying bugs that need fixing!

1235»

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    migalski wrote: »
    Nordic wrote: »
    Keats wrote: »
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    comm chair doesn't drop power

This is not a bug; the command chair doesn't need power to function, and so doesn't automatically socket it.

If I'm remembering correctly, the bug I think the other poster mentioned was that sometimes the CC doesn't open after being finished. Unrelated to power (as far as we know, since we can't reproduce it to test).
    To add to this, I tried to reproduce the bug as I read what @Deck_ said. I dropped a new chair. Killed old chair. Built new chair. The power was unsocketed, but I was able to get in the chair and drop the power.

That's wierd, i've had the same situation multiple times and it didn't allow anyone to enter. I even made a post about it here from a while ago when we lost a game due to the chair not working without the power.

If you are seeing a bug I can not reproduce, please try to find accurate reproduction steps. This is the only way it can get fixed. A video of the bug in action would be preferred.

In the meantime, I did report the bug as best I could.
    https://trello.com/c/eKtdSroY/127-297-power-does-not-drop-when-a-command-station-is-placed
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Aeglos wrote: »
    I'm here to complain about cysts again.

Is it intended for structures to block the cysts pathing? Or cysts to block mobile structures from moving past them? Is it a learn to play issue like don't trap your drifters behind structures?

Anyone? Hello?
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2016

Is it intended for structures to block the cysts pathing? Or cysts to block mobile structures from moving past them? Is it a learn to play issue like don't trap your drifters behind structures?

Anyone? Hello?
    hello.jpg?quality=88&w=600&h=350
    Nice to know that my replies are not being censored like some other people, but I would really appreciate a reply. Just a simple yes or no.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Nice to know that my replies are not being censored like some other people, but I would really appreciate a reply. Just a simple yes or no.

no
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation

no

He asked specifically for a simple answer, you've elaborated way too much, next time use 0 or 1 ;-)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Wake wrote: »

no

He asked specifically for a simple answer, you've elaborated way too much, next time use 0 or 1 ;-)

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2016

Anyone? Hello?

I asked Rantology in discord.

[11:25 AM] rantology: no it's not indened
    [11:25 AM] rantology: they end up blocking the nav mesh when you put too many in a doorway though and the cyst pathing gets confused by it
    [11:25 AM] rantology: that "bug" has been in the game for some time
    Wake wrote: »

no

Can you not read? That was rhetorical so you don't have to answer by the way. I get that some of you here are rather simple.

Nordic wrote: »

Anyone? Hello?

I asked Rantology in discord.

[11:25 AM] rantology: no it's not indened
    [11:25 AM] rantology: they end up blocking the nav mesh when you put too many in a doorway though and the cyst pathing gets confused by it
    [11:25 AM] rantology: that "bug" has been in the game for some time

Thanks. Probably won't get fixed but I guess I can avoid it as long as I pay attention. Its less doorways and more corners for me though. Doesn't seem like other people get affected by it much although there are some games of "can't cyst" which may or may not be due to this.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    sotanaht wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if it isn't already mentioned, but phase gates sending you back to the same gate you entered. Pretty sure it's a latency/netcode/rubberbanding type issue so I don't know if it can be fixed, but it's very annoying and frequent

Ah get this nearly everyday! Sometimes I wonder if the phasegate is trolling me, would be nice if it added a kickback soon as you teleported though!
    So, I dug this up because for me, the spawn-direction bug is back. I've noticed it the past few days. I play almost exclusively on the two Thirsty Onos servers, so it might be a server specific thing, but I don't think @SupaFred runs any mods similar to LuckyFkers.

I've also noticed a sharp increase in rubberbanding. Again, this might be server specific. Either way it's highly annoying.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    So, I dug this up because for me, the spawn-direction bug is back. I've noticed it the past few days. I play almost exclusively on the two Thirsty Onos servers, so it might be a server specific thing, but I don't think @SupaFred runs any mods similar to LuckyFkers.

I've also noticed a sharp increase in rubberbanding. Again, this might be server specific. Either way it's highly annoying.

No, I don't. Only standard mods on TTO. I haven't noticed any performance problems recently or gotten any complaints.
    SupaFred wrote: »

No, I don't. Only standard mods on TTO. I haven't noticed any performance problems recently or gotten any complaints.

That's strange. My internet isn't great, but nothing changed about it either; I haven't had rubberbanding problems before.
  • TriggerHappyBroTriggerHappyBro Ohio Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217383Members, NS2 Playtester
    I've noticed the spawn direction bug is back too, although I keep forgetting to bring it up :tongue:
    *BUMP* Edited original post to reflect changes.
  • sensen Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205292Members
    Here's a minor UI bug I don't know if it has been reported anywhere. I have my mouse scroll wheel up bound to select weapon 1 and scroll down bound to select weapon 2 and this makes it impossible for me to zoom in and out in spectator mode.