Latching-on creatures

The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
Alright, another idea I had as I was falling asleep, so take this with a grain of salt, but I thought of something. With the fact that the April update is intended to have creatures able to attack your SeaBase, what if there was something that had a very special way of doing so?

This weird thing would look like a gigantic leech with arms, due to its attack method. If it comes across your base, it will find a hatch, and latch onto it with its mouth directly over the opening. If you exit through that hatch, it's basically instant death, adding a "look before you leap" thing to exiting your SeaBase. Look out the little window in the hatch. Can you see the terrain you an usually see? If not, probably best to use a different hatch. The creature could be warded off by a single hit with a knife from the outside, so it's basically only dangerous if you don't watch where you're going.

Possibly also give it the ability to latch onto the main hatch for the Cyclops temporarily, so if you don't look down at the entrance from your little "bubble" on the control deck, you could very well end up getting your head munched.

Again, I was half-asleep when I first thought of this, so take it with a grain of salt, but I'd love feedback on this. I think it would remove the "invincible" part of the Cyclops, which is something I oddly enough want to see done. I mean, it's invincible, and there needs to be some safe haven, but a mobile fortress that is invulnerable to every creature in the game seems a bit much.

Comments