This is intriguing

CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
2zEeWG4.png

If this is what I think it is, then Subnautica is going to jump a level in awesome! In short, the world moves and lives without the player's presence, so as we explore we might come upon things like...

1. Schools of Bleeders going after a Stalker--but then the Stalker, in attempt to get away, enters the Bloodgrass Biome, and then it turns into Biters vs Bleeders; the little bastards go after each other as the Stalker gets away!
2. Pods of Stalkers hunting peepers or other fish, harassing Gasopods.
3. A Reaper and a Reefback mixing it up!
4. A fish drifts past where a Sandshark is buried--only for the Sandshark to unburrow and snap it up.
5. The player gaining a permanently tamed Stalker-friend?
6. A school of adult Shockers stunning their prey; maybe even daring to take on a Reaper and stun it...
7. More....

SO EXCITING! The creatures will naturally interact with each other and the underwater environment. Emergent creature AI. So many possibilities! The idea of this f***** THRILLS me!

Comments

• CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    Also forgot to add--certain creatures might hate each other/fight each other; pit them against each other whilst you get away... creature factions...
  • etherealyandereetherealyandere UK Join Date: 2016-03-04 Member: 213830Members
    Where is this from? I'm just curious if this is a confirmed thing they're working on for sure, something they'd like to do and plan to do or something that was brought up as "We'd love to do it, but we can't/won't",

On-topic, I would love if this was successfully implemented. A world that exists and acts without the player doing anything is a much more realistic and fun world; like in Skyrim all NPC's had jobs and routines, some even had affairs or secret gatherings. If the player has to act to make a world come to life, then the experience isn't as enjoyable. If the dev's can implement creature AI that make the world come to life I will be so happy and excited.
    edited April 2016
    Where is this from? I'm just curious if this is a confirmed thing they're working on for sure, something they'd like to do and plan to do or something that was brought up as "We'd love to do it, but we can't/won't",

On-topic, I would love if this was successfully implemented. A world that exists and acts without the player doing anything is a much more realistic and fun world; like in Skyrim all NPC's had jobs and routines, some even had affairs or secret gatherings. If the player has to act to make a world come to life, then the experience isn't as enjoyable. If the dev's can implement creature AI that make the world come to life I will be so happy and excited.

This is from the Trello, "Doing"; it's being worked on as we speak!
    edited April 2016
    Slightly off topic but still relevant: I was putting Creepvines in an exterior Growbed at my base in the Safe Shallows when I suddenly died, but not from lack of O2; I then looked outside after respawning and saw a STALKER outside my base-window; way out of his Biome!
    edited April 2016
    The card seemed to dissappear from The Trello, but then...

Charlie Cleveland moved Write creature emergence doc and send to Igor from Doing to Done B65 "???" Date TBA

Hmmm....

... I think it's an idea or proposed idea for Creature Emergent AI--so I might've jumped the gun a bit here, but still... *excitement intense*

Devs please comment!!!
  • etherealyandereetherealyandere UK Join Date: 2016-03-04 Member: 213830Members
    Coranth wrote: »

THIS IS FROM THE TRELLO, "Doing"; it's being WORKED ON AS WE SPEAK!

Holy shit okay calm down I was only asking a question, I wasn't questioning the validity of it's existence or your integrity. Providing a link to the said Trello card would have been helpful in the OP, but if it's vanished then it can't be helped.

Hopefully this is something we'll see worked on in the coming months; more in-depth AI is never a bad thing......well, okay maybe it is but im certain Subnautica's creatures won't overthrow humanity.....I hope.

THIS IS FROM THE TRELLO, "Doing"; it's being WORKED ON AS WE SPEAK!

Holy shit okay calm down I was only asking a question, I wasn't questioning the validity of it's existence or your integrity. Providing a link to the said Trello card would have been helpful in the OP, but if it's vanished then it can't be helped.

Hopefully this is something we'll see worked on in the coming months; more in-depth AI is never a bad thing......well, okay maybe it is but im certain Subnautica's creatures won't overthrow humanity.....I hope.

Post edited to curb excitement...but still soexcited!
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    You might want to cast an eye over today's date.

Not a good idea to trust anything 'too good to be true' today.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members

Are you sure? Write Creature Emergence document and send to Igor certainly sounds like something that would be involved in the process of creating an unholy abomination made of corpses.
  • DagonDagon Earth Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214648Members
    I think the one where the sandshark attacks fish might be in the game. That, or something is wrong with my game. I've only seen it happen once.
  • CaricaCarica US Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214970Members
    2zEeWG4.png

If this is what I think it is, then Subnautica is going to jump a level in awesome! In short, the world moves and lives without the player's presence, so as we explore we might come upon things like...

1. Schools of Bleeders going after a Stalker--but then the Stalker, in attempt to get away, enters the Bloodgrass Biome, and then it turns into Biters vs Bleeders; the little bastards go after each other as the Stalker gets away!
    2. Pods of Stalkers hunting peepers or other fish, harassing Gasopods.
    3. A Reaper and a Reefback mixing it up!
    4. A fish drifts past where a Sandshark is buried--only for the Sandshark to unburrow and snap it up.
    5. The player gaining a permanently tamed Stalker-friend?
    6. A school of adult Shockers stunning their prey; maybe even daring to take on a Reaper and stun it...
    7. More....

SO EXCITING! The creatures will naturally interact with each other and the underwater environment. Emergent creature AI. So many possibilities! The idea of this f***** THRILLS me!

dude... you are making me feel like the first time I watched Jaws..... I don't want to go in the water now!!! lol all I will hear now when I play this game is the theme to Jaws..... preying to God that when I look down there isn't a shark coming up at me.....
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    You might want to cast an eye over today's date.

Not a good idea to trust anything 'too good to be true' today.

This was posted on trello long before April 1st