On the Trello, it's coming...

CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
battery_charging_station_in_game.jpg

The BATTERY CHARGER! No more strip mining copper... finally...

Comments

• raven2010raven2010 USA Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204980Members
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    It's so GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • raven2010raven2010 USA Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204980Members
    God I hope my base can run off a battery for a little bit.
    But I don't care his is a great idea. Thanks devs
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    This is just what I hoped for. Great work, devs!
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I'm excited to see this... my only question is, does "battery" include powercells?
  • j0ndavj0ndav Bristol Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214373Members
  • ChimpXChimpX Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206391Members
    Just you wait... it'll require 1000 copper to make the thing ;)
  • MerandixMerandix Netherlands Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210951Members
    As awesome as this is... with the charge fins, battery recharging really wasn't the issue... it was power-cell recharging that was the issue. I'm very curious to see if a solution to that will be included, because that's mainly where my recharging problem is. And it looks like a battery charger? Or would actual power-cells fit in there? I can't tell from the picture actually.

Though, if the power-cells share the ability to go into the inventory empty, I guess the moonpool + seamoth could serve as a power-cell recharger XD

Either way, still much appreciated equipment :grin: Because the swim-fins aren't the most ideal solution :tongue:.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Merandix wrote: »
    As awesome as this is... with the charge fins, battery recharging really wasn't the issue...

True, altho you dont have a Modification Station early game usually. If the Battery charger is only obtainable mid-late game then yeah itll be much less usefull than if its usable straight from early game

Merandix wrote: »
    it was power-cell recharging that was the issue. I'm very curious to see if a solution to that will be included, because that's mainly where my recharging problem is. And it looks like a battery charger? Or would actual power-cells fit in there? I can't tell from the picture actually.

Though, if the power-cells share the ability to go into the inventory empty, I guess the moonpool + seamoth could serve as a power-cell recharger XD

Either way, still much appreciated equipment :grin: Because the swim-fins aren't the most ideal solution :tongue:.

We all hope that thing will recharge powercells as well ! If not well ..... hopefully the Cyclops Docking thingie will happen and also hopefully charge it while its docked.
  • VorgVorg AZ Join Date: 2016-03-23 Member: 214717Members
    Would be great if this thing mounts on a wall and power can go both ways. Then it could serve as emergancy power as well. Could also be used to power small deep sea outpost.
  • ZetlinZetlin Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212463Members
    Ah FINALLY. I hope there's something similar for power cells. I refuse to believe a civilization that sends huge ships to other worlds and can synthesize advanced technology from raw materials doesn't have rechargeable batteries.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Cool to get more tech and looks good. Not that in real world rechargers couldn't recharge different power cells, but who knows.

And ingame most problems were caused by loss of cyclops power cells and maybe some people using guns like crazy.

I hope that doesn't mean the devs drop cyclops docking recharge, because that is number 1 solution for copper loss.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    This will be DA BOMB for the Cyclops...
  • nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
    Yes!!!!! Finely , I am so glad they start working on such an important thing that we were dieing to have can't wait to see it in the game!!!
  • larsviklarsvik CT, USA Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214689Members
    I don't know guys, rechargeable batteries are all well and fine, but for me its power cells that are the trouble. If we could get empty power cells from the cyclops when we exchanged them for full ones, and then maybe make the power cell charger only placeable on your base, that would be perfect. Perhaps lower the efficiency, like for every 3 base power consumed you only put one into the cell. That would balance the effect, while preserving our shallows from copper strip mining and acid mushroom extinction.