Leviathans

124»

Comments

• 07Kennya07Kennya England Join Date: 2016-01-12 Member: 211293Members
    The_Shark wrote: »
    Bloop wrote: »
    jjust19 wrote: »
    We need at least two other leviathans. One for the sky (based on the alien bird entity, but more complex; just type 'entgallery' into the console command box to see it) that will discourage players from thinking that the surface equals safety.

Perhaps something like this? ;-)

cow57.jpg

Hell yes.
    I'm still throwing my money in with the Nuclear Leviathan.
    godzilla_teaser_poster_b_by_starvingzombie-d5kxoew.jpg

Maybe not actually Godzilla, but definitely an homage.
    >Huge, reptilian in appearance
    >Has a deadly mouth beam attack
    >Could give off harmful levels of radiation around it, turning the water sorta green, would live in an area with a bunch of dead plants and rotting fish skeletons, but plenty of Bleeders feeding on them.

Could call it the Fallout Biome. Radioactive chemicals in the area makes it inhospitable for most creatures, save for Bleeders and the Nuclear Leviathan.

Freaking bleeders...

Anyway, I have to agree. The Radiation Leviathan is pretty high on my list. I really like that idea.

Nah dude I want straight up godzilla like we as a player have to mess up a nuclear core or maybe like the Aurora explodes again if you don't keep an eye on it and days later from the wreckage emerges godzilla with one of the reaper leviathans in his jaws
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Sea monsters doesnt really sound like it would fit in Subnautica though..
    2000?cb=20150709233214
    I don't feel the need to say any more.
  • 5Raptorboy5Raptorboy Join Date: 2015-05-29 Member: 205021Members
    I had a few ideas.

What about incredibly derived Reaper Leviathans? There would be three "Reapers" in total. Reaper Leviathan, which we all know. Reaper Thunderhead, which is a smaller subspecies. Their arms have been developed into wings, and most of the rest of the body is developed into a massive fin which allows it to get into the air. Its two lower head appendages would form a membrane between them, and the two upper ones would be basically useless. It would fly around the sky, occasionally coming down to catch fish in its membranes, and if you're unlucky, it will catch you. Then, there's the Reaper Melvillei. It would be larger than the Reaper Leviathan, but passive. All four head appendages have a membrane in between them, forming a massive gaping mouth. It would have countless hair like structures on the inside, allowing it to capture plankton. Its eyes would be on stalks, allowing it to see. It would only live in very deep areas were Reefbacks do not live. It would be absolutely terrifying to see in the darkness, but would not attack you (unless you got into its mouth or something, then it would not hesitate to bite down).
  • Dracos_VDracos_V Join Date: 2016-03-30 Member: 215043Members
    sayerulz;2250790 "What about something like a giant isopod, but even more giant? A HUGE, shelled creature that just walks along the sea bottom very slowly, and is basically a biome unto itself. Not hostile, the only danger from it comes if you get run over. Perhaps one could harvest some of its shell and use it for something."

That's where my idea of the Tectonians come in. They'll carry chunks of land on their backs while treading on their fourteen legs. The land on its back depends on what biome it spawns in. Its sheer size alone gives it the ability to snap even the sea emperor in half - like a twig.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Dracos_V wrote: »
    The land on its back depends on what biome it spawns in.

That is actually a really cool idea. I hope they implement that with the adult reefbacks.

Anyway, these "tectonians" of yours sound a lot like adult Reefbacks with fourteen legs. I mean, the ones currently in the game are juveniles, and the adults actually do carry around an entire ecosystem on their back (thus the name). But I do like this part kind of:
    Dracos_V wrote: »
    Its sheer size alone gives it the ability to snap even the sea emperor in half - like a twig.

Some especially-large herbivores should be able to use their sheer size as a defense, turning themselves into a living battering ram against the predators after them, kinda like whales. The ability to simply snap an Emperor in half is a bit much, but they should at least have a chance. Plus, epic battle scene, as opposed to a quarter-second thing like snapping the predator in half.