Seamoth Claw

JYARJYAR USA Join Date: 2015-09-02 Member: 207671Members
I absolutely love cruising around in my seamoth, but time and time again I find it frustrating to always have to get out if I want to pick something up. I think that it would make sense to include a seamoth module that includes a claw upgrade for doing just that. Real life submarines like Alvin and Jiaolong actually have two claws for maneuvering objects. What are your thoughts?
alvin-feat.jpg

Comments

• BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    I think this is a good idea, a claw module could be fun to incorporate with a storage module just behind :)
  • MechfriedMechfried Join Date: 2016-03-20 Member: 214552Members
  • FlammaRilvaFlammaRilva Taiwan Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214633Members
    Yeah,no more climb out the seamoth with "Sandshark my friend please bite me" sign on my neck.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Cool idea, but then again, when the exosuit finally releases, this claw will become useless.
  • 5Raptorboy5Raptorboy Join Date: 2015-05-29 Member: 205021Members
    No, I think you have to get out of your Seamoth for a reason. For just a few seconds, you are vulnerable. Suddenly, the Seamoth can be attacked by a Reaper, and you can't do anything, or you can be attacked by something else, causing you to make a mad dash for the Seamoth.

Also, the Exosuit makes this useless.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    5Raptorboy wrote: »
    Also, the Exosuit makes this useless.
    when the exosuit finally releases, this claw will become useless.

I can't help but notice the lack of an exosuit at the moment though.

And from what I can gather, the exosuit isn't a SeaMoth. You'll have to find a completely separate blueprint. So, without said blueprint, what do you do? You get screwed over, that's what.
    Maybe the SeaMoth could have some form of claw, but it's not as good as the one on the Exosuit. For instance, the Exosuit one will grab things just as quickly as you do. But the SeaMoth takes several seconds to maneuver the claw into position, grab the object, and move it into a storage compartment.
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    This thread have popped in my head when i've tested the new eye-bots. An arm that can handle only one piece could be a nice add to these little cameras.