List of old and annoying bugs that need fixing!

Comments

• AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Calego wrote: »
    NovoRei wrote: »
    - Cysts getting abruptly destroyed after placement.

Not sure if that's what you're meaning, but sometimes cysts also get popped if you place one close to them, even if it was clearly outside that little circle.

Say when starting a match and you lay a cyst path, the first placed cyst pops and all the other die.

I'm pretty sure this happens when trying to place one cyst chain immediately after another. E.g. From Atrium, cyst straight to Reactor's RT, then immediately to Crevice's before the first cyst is fully "grown", the cyst chain won't figure out that it's already got acyst in position that it can branch off of, so it will automagically place another one within the unacceptable radius of the first one, killing it and all of the other cysts in that chain.

On a similar note, even if this doesn't happen, the second chain will wait until the first one is fully grown before starting to grow, which is pretty counterintuitive in my mind. Why does a chain going to Crevice depend on the last cyst in the chain to Reactor?

One cyst grows at a time. Perfectly logical to me.
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    Yojimbo wrote: »

I think they should adjust it to when you die as your grenade is primed, it should explode in place of where you died, makes simple common sense, countless other games feature this.
    No simply once primed or thrown, it detonates.

If you prime it and die, it detonates where you are (naturally)
    If you throw it then die, it still traverses and detonates where it lands like normal.

Aka, the player's death should have no bearing that the nade is now live. It doesn't magically disappear just because the player dies.

Nanites != magic, kthnxplz.

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Martigen wrote: »
    Yojimbo wrote: »

I think they should adjust it to when you die as your grenade is primed, it should explode in place of where you died, makes simple common sense, countless other games feature this.
    No simply once primed or thrown, it detonates.

If you prime it and die, it detonates where you are (naturally)
    If you throw it then die, it still traverses and detonates where it lands like normal.

Aka, the player's death should have no bearing that the nade is now live. It doesn't magically disappear just because the player dies.

You know, the bond between a marine and his grenades is very strong. So strong they can't even be used by other marines after the original one dies.

Martigen wrote: »
    Nanites != magic, kthnxplz.

That's news to me :trollface:
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but being able to first person spectate hallucinations is annoying and silly. Imo, it should be disabled.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Not sure if this counts as a bug, but, the marine crouch-jump is still pretty bad.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    2cough wrote: »
    Don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but being able to first person spectate hallucinations is annoying and silly. Imo, it should be disabled.

You can do that? Imagine the recon possibilities! :D

Also, nbuilt hives give you the "e to command" popup. (At least if you're a gorge building it.)
    I encountered something else today but I don't remember...
  • migalskimigalski Boston Join Date: 2014-07-02 Member: 197181Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    bug: if you drop a command chair and not the power, when you build the chair it doesn't let anyone in. So if you get base rushed, dropped a chair but not the power and lose your original chair, you cant actually do anything. Not sure if 1 time bug or on going, haven't tried it on my spare time.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @migalski That's not a bug, that's intended. Structures require power to function.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    migalski wrote: »
    bug: if you drop a command chair and not the power, when you build the chair it doesn't let anyone in. So if you get base rushed, dropped a chair but not the power and lose your original chair, you cant actually do anything. Not sure if 1 time bug or on going, haven't tried it on my spare time.

I cannot reproduce this, only one person is allowed as a commander at anyone time though, so if someone is logged in and you have another cc, it will be 'open' but display 'locked' on the screen and will not be interactable.
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @migalski That's not a bug, that's intended. Structures require power to function.

Command Chairs don't require power to function.

• FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Aeglos wrote: »
    Calego wrote: »
    - Cysts getting abruptly destroyed after placement.

Not sure if that's what you're meaning, but sometimes cysts also get popped if you place one close to them, even if it was clearly outside that little circle.

Say when starting a match and you lay a cyst path, the first placed cyst pops and all the other die.

I'm pretty sure this happens when trying to place one cyst chain immediately after another. E.g. From Atrium, cyst straight to Reactor's RT, then immediately to Crevice's before the first cyst is fully "grown", the cyst chain won't figure out that it's already got acyst in position that it can branch off of, so it will automagically place another one within the unacceptable radius of the first one, killing it and all of the other cysts in that chain.

On a similar note, even if this doesn't happen, the second chain will wait until the first one is fully grown before starting to grow, which is pretty counterintuitive in my mind. Why does a chain going to Crevice depend on the last cyst in the chain to Reactor?

One cyst grows at a time. Perfectly logical to me.

I believe 1 cyst per grown hive will automatically build at anyone time, I could be wrong though.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2016

either way a bug exists. command stations do not require power (nor do they automatically spawn a power node, unlike every other marine structure), so if what you say is true then that's a bug.

the issue I think migalski is referring to is a rare occurrence when you drop a CC blueprint without the powernode (because again, only the CC blueprint doesn't spawn one automatically) and lose your main chair. sometimes it won't let you into the new one despite it being built. i haven't heard of it happening in a very long time.
  • WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    In locations with active power and with no Commander in any Command Station, I've twice (about 1000 gameplay hours apart) repro'd the successful completion of last remaining Command Station construction such that the new and only remaining Command Station does not open.

It has something to do with completing the construction of the new (and only remaining) Command Station in very close chronological? proximity to losing your original Command Structure.
  • ydyydy Join Date: 2014-10-21 Member: 199067Members
    the issue I think migalski is referring to is a rare occurrence when you drop a CC blueprint without the powernode (because again, only the CC blueprint doesn't spawn one automatically) and lose your main chair. sometimes it won't let you into the new one despite it being built. i haven't heard of it happening in a very long time.
    Seen it as recently as just a few weeks ago building ET chair from shipping main on tram
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    The command station bug should be looked into. It happens enough where multiple people notice it and it's game breaking if it does.
  • ZdrytchXZdrytchX Australia Join Date: 2016-02-06 Member: 212662Members
    edited March 2016
    I'm a new player with not many hours (<60 hours) but here's my personal list of issues and bugs:
    1. Xenocide UI is stuck and will not work if you evolve while xenocide is about to activate
    2. That spawn facing bug you already mentioned Fixed 29/03/2016
    3. That rifle bug that was mentioned
    4. Cysts graphically show wrongly as they are building when commander/specator camera moves around the map
    5. Onos' stomp isn't lag compensated... well not really a bug but would be nice if it were
    6. Onos occasionally double stomps, with the second stomp doing nothing but paralizing you (energy still recovers however with no extra energy spent)
    7. Onos's energy sometimes gets some strange super energy drain while being burnt as if it were reset to zero, other times it has no effect (If the flamer does drain energy, then it's probably buggy) - Maybe every second flamethrower user uses a pulse grenade when I'm not looking?
    8. Skulk can sometimes run behind a marine, even touching it and being unable to bite (latency compensation problem)
    9. Nerve gas that does nothing to energy (just visual)
    10. Skulk's inability to stick to ceilings well, and occasionally warping when the client doens't know if it's wallwalking or not
    11. ARC / Artillery description says it can attack players. It's only once ever tried to lock onto an onos but never fired.
    12. Gorge blob that leads those small critter things doesn't actually lure the critters
    13. Blabbers getting stuck behind walls and doing nothing (not even trying to move) as if there's no path data available.
    14. Gorge tunnel being able to be placed in positions the onus will get stuck in a wall with
    15. Marines going through walls
    16. Exosuit "tapping" the movement key bleeds almost all energy for nothing
    17. Railgun charging up and not firing
    18. Railgun charging up and firing (no damage despite aiming at something as big as a hive - My connection was fine)
    19. Minigun not overheating properly and able to immediately fire again
    20. Main Menu doesn't show how many points you need until next level (says ____ until next level) or something like that
    21. Onus fitting in vents that marines barely fit in without crouching

edit: More to add:
    22. Egging through walls and making phase gates through walls on Nexus (community map)
    23. Exosuit cannot "sprint" (feet boosts) nor jump while charging up railgun
    24. Skulks can sometimes get in places it can't get out of because of the shape of the boundry boxes and the strange friction physics while wallwalking
    25. Flame Thrower can fire before the reload animation completes (and deals damage too)
    26. People in the "ready room" - when being attacked by a player that somehow glitched to the ready room, they make a metalic rebound sound (you can get there on nexus as well)
    27. Marine Commander is able to give a medpack/ammopack to a player who has full health/full ammo, wasting res
    28. Corpses not disappearing properly (NS2+)
    39. Alien Vision's orange glow around players cannot be changed (NS2+)
    30. Skulks have a hard time sticking to bumpy ceilings
    31. Sometimes the researching progress of a trait (e.g. Metabolise) isn't shown
    32. Skulk jumping off curved walls to gain speed occasionally get slowed because user didn't repress spacebar quick enough (friction is undesirably re-applied too soon)
    33. Evolving while damaged may result in less health than before the evolution
    34. Lerk's armour buff timer does not reset if already buffed (until the buff timer expires, the timer cannot reset, so extra spraying does nothing)
    35. Lerk's spore apparently damages weapons' timers or something that are dropped
    ZdrytchX wrote: »
    4. Cysts graphically show wrongly as they are building when commander/specator camera moves around the map
    7. Onos's energy sometimes gets some strange super energy drain while being burnt, other times it has no effect
    9. Nerve gas that does nothing to energy (just visual)
    10. Skulk's inability to stick to ceilings well, and occasionally warping when the client doens't know if it's wallwalking or not
    11. ARC / Artillery description says it can attack players. It's only once ever tried to lock onto an onos but never fired.
    12. Gorge blob that leads those small critter things doesn't actually lure the critters
    13. Those gorge critter ai aliens getting stuck on walls
    14. Gorge tunnel being able to be placed in positions the onus will get stuck in a wall with
    15. Marines going through walls
    17. Railgun charging up and not firing
    18. Railgun charging up and firing (no damage despite aiming at something as big as a hive - My connection was fine)
    19. Minigun not overheating properly and able to immediately fire again
    21. Onus fitting in vents that marines barely fit in without crouching

Never heard of these before. (Although I don't play gorge much.)
    Mind you, nerve gas isnt supposed to drain energy; that's the pulse grenade. Nerve gas eats armor.
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    nerve gas isnt supposed to drain energy; that's the pulse grenade

Pulse grenade doesn't drain energy, it only reduces the attack speed
    (I had the same misconception not so long ago)

Blrg wrote: »
    nerve gas isnt supposed to drain energy; that's the pulse grenade

Pulse grenade doesn't drain energy, it only reduces the attack speed
    (I had the same misconception not so long ago)

Huh.
    Thanks for clarifying.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2016
    You guys should test this ancient bug:

-Shoot grenade right before you get beaconed back to base
    -Grenade beacons back with you and explodes in base/near you after beacon
    -Extra points for low HP, you are deadified
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Good point @Foxy @turtsmcgurt , you can definitely do things in the chair when the power is off. I've never considered how that flies in the face of not working when there's an unbuilt node. Hmm
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    Good point @Foxy @turtsmcgurt , you can definitely do things in the chair when the power is off. I've never considered how that flies in the face of not working when there's an unbuilt node. Hmm

As a commander, I can say not having power has done nothing to affect anything I can do in the chair. Or at least it never has in the past, and if it does now, something is broken.
  • migalskimigalski Boston Join Date: 2014-07-02 Member: 197181Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    No as in you drop the chair, but it doesn't automatically drop the power. So if the power is not dropped beforehand and the base chair dies, even if you build the new chair you can't get in. You can't build the power because it has not been socketed nor can be anymore. Dropping a chair should instant socket the power so you can build it.
    I played a round earlier today where oni and exos couldnt get through the exit of repair leading to ore on tram. It seemed there were invisible clogs or somtehing, or maybe the geometry was just messing around. We lost three oni to that.

Also while the repair hive was up, no eggs spawned in shipping, our only other (starting) hive.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited March 2016
    I played a round earlier today where oni and exos couldnt get through the exit of repair leading to ore on tram. It seemed there were invisible clogs or somtehing, or maybe the geometry was just messing around. We lost three oni to that.

Also while the repair hive was up, no eggs spawned in shipping, our only other (starting) hive.

The invisible clog bug has been around for ages and is extremely annoying. Can't even begin to guess how many onos I've lost to invisible clogs... It has something to do with how the clogs are destroyed.

It's one of the reasons i despise gorges who build clog walls.

The eggs not spawning is also very game breaking (since you're essentially egg locked without marines even in your base).. And it seems to happen a lot.

Would be extremely nice if these two were fixed.

This reminds me, the match before on jambi my marine minimap wouldn't display any icons (player icons, structure icons etc). This was bad for my situational awareness to say the least. I've never seen that before, and I don't play on jambi often, so I guess it's map related; however other people on the server assured me it's not. So I'm throwing it in here anyway.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    You use the minimap?!
    Frozen wrote: »
    You use the minimap?!

...yes?
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    i think he means the map on the top left of your screen that doesn't work half the time.
    i think he means the map on the top left of your screen that doesn't work half the time.

I do. That's what I meant with "marine minimap".