POLL: what is you favorite large dangerous creature?

IcewaveIcewave Canada Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208906Members
agree for more
what is you favorite predator?
also if you want tell everyone why
if i missed your please tell me in the comments

Comments

• IcewaveIcewave Canada Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208906Members
    edited March 2016
    my favorite is either the Crabsnake or the Shocker i really like both though

Shocker:
    -looks cool
    -electrocutes stuff

Crabsnake:
    _can jump scare you if you're not paying attention
    -looks good
    -lives in pink mushrooms (not everyone does)
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    I would note that neither the crash or the gasopod is classified as a predator, and the cave crawler is apparently more of a territorial scavenger.

That being said, I do quite like the shocker because it looks cool and is not irrationally determined to kill you on sight (looking at you here bonesharks!)

Least favorite would have to be the local butt-chinned whale, the reaper. He's ugly, he's noisy, and he really gets in the way.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    You can train stalkers, which is really cool. I also find them to be the most significant predators, because you have to deal with them early-game, before you acquire a seamoth.

My least favorite is the Biter (which didn't even make this list for some reason). Those damn things always show up to bite you in the ass. Doesn't do a ton of damage, but it sure is obnoxious.
  • ErgossErgoss KY Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213722Members
    Mesmer. Definitely mesmer.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    the Leviathan by a long shot! thats the only predator that gives me the jeebees since it can nuke most of your life in one blow and also that constant roar he does leaves me on edge for as long as i hear it :dizzy:
    sayerulz wrote: »
    I would note that neither the crash or the gasopod is classified as a predator, and the cave crawler is apparently more of a territorial scavenger

Least favorite would have to be the local butt-chinned whale, the reaper. He's ugly, he's noisy, and he really gets in the way.

Sorry about that I meant enemy
    And the reaper is very annoying
  • PingonautPingonaut IL, United States Join Date: 2016-03-14 Member: 214214Members
    Gasopauds (not gastro) aren't predators. They're my favorite of the larger animals, though.

Favorite predator is the Sand Shark.
  • deseizdeseiz belgium Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212437Members
    bone shark ...
    one is ok, two, ehm run, well swim?, ... three?
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    edited March 2016
    Bone-Sharks 2spooky4me

The conventional weapons seem's to have only a little effect on them, especially the shocker module of the Seamoth
    edited March 2016
    deseiz wrote: »
    bone shark ...
    one is ok, two, ehm run, well swim?, ... three?
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    You can train stalkers, which is really cool. I also find them to be the most significant predators, because you have to deal with them early-game, before you acquire a seamoth.

My least favorite is the Biter (which didn't even make this list for some reason). Those damn things always show up to bite you in the ass. Doesn't do a ton of damage, but it sure is obnoxious.

Fixed!
    EDIT: i think ill redo this poll i was thinking about large dangerous things
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    Shockers.Their movement is really fluid and smooth,and their behaviour is very cool,with them only attacking you when you come to close.

The stalker also activates its shock glands when you come too close which makes it turn from "oh whats that" to "OH GOD GET AWAY"

• DagonDagon Earth Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214648Members
    bONESHARKS rEADY???
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    Shocker for the same reasons others like them.

Sparkly. Pretty.

Dangerous but not rabidly intent on ending your existence.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    He is my nemesis and I must vanquish him for the glory of my family!
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    edited April 2016
    The way the devs handled the creature behaviour it's the reaper:

You hear his call before you can see him, giving you the creeps alone. Then the reaper grabs you until you're dead or almost wrecks your seamoth. Only the stasis rifle or shock defense will help you, but you'll never feel well until you see him. I'll ignore the heavy bugs with the reaper for now.

There were some other candidates that failed slightly:
    • The crabsnake: unfortunately they only hide in shrooms and you have no reason to get near ... yet.
    • The shocker: can't be shocked, but are only defensive and no hunters. Plus, they protect nothing ... yet.
    • The drooping stingers: nothing to protect and they can't move ... yet.
    • Cave crawlers: if they could only eat through your base or cyclops hull, flooding it, while invading the interior, but they can't ... yet.
    • The sandshark: not good at hiding in sand and you can shock him under sand ... yet.
    • The biter: if he could hunt in swarms like piranhas, you couldn't even say sayonara before eaten to the bone ... but maybe one day.
    • The bleeder: lost his aggression and only 1 can attach, not many ... yet.

So my top 3:
    1. reaper
    2. boneshark
    3. stalker

Oh, forgot the mesmer: unfortunately it can't do psycho (blur vision, slow playertime, shakecam, blind or deafen) on the player, but just withdraw health. Otherwise it would be interesting to get mesmerized near a reaper.

Other psycho suggestions for the mesmer:
    • appearance changes by tricking the mind - a biter swarm looks like a peeper swarm - a deadly result if undetected ... but wait, I've never seen peeper swarming.
    • the whispering madness - you start to hear voices that aren't there - like the radio talking about another survivor called Father Morgana who is waiting for you to be rescued ... and you hear voices talking about you making no sense ... then you hear the rescue ship is there ...

Of course it lasts only for 5 minutes ... or until it gets you.