What are you doing about the mod situation UWE?

2»

Comments

• dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2016
    So before the drama:
    Prio
    1 - Help new players and find solutions to hold new players to increase playercount
    2 - Integrate bugfixes

After the Drama
    Prio
    1 - Integrate bugfixes
    2 - Help new players and find solutions to hold new players to increase playercount

Result:
    People complain about low playerbase like they did the last year.

Befor the drama
    We had mods that fixes stuff and integrate new features
    After the Drama
    We will see new mods and new features

Result:
    Nothing will change here

To sum it up:
    The drama will only delay the to raise of playercount, nothing more.

If the integration is on the todo list, maybe a small info like "Dont worry, we are working the next 3 month on player retention, then we have the time for the integration" had saved us and yours time/nerves @ UWE.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    Going to throw this in here..

If they're going to communicate more, then can we get at least a rough idea when hive2.0 will finally see the light of day?

Had some people asking in-game last night when the bugged kdr would be fixed.

Any kind of rough estimate besides "soon" would be nice.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    How about Black Mesa Source style "It's done when it's done"? :tongue:

• CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    How about Black Mesa Source style "It's done when it's done"? :tongue:

I prefer Blizzard's "Soon™"
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Not sure why anyone would want anything like a community manager, they usually seem to be middlemen, misrepresenting the people asking the questions, having direct communication with devs seems a little more smarter like it was in the old days, not the hugh version of gotta go through obraxis, gotta go through xyz, gotta talk to rantology to speak with obraxis to speak to xyz, as an example, it's a pretty shitty way.

And Wob is correct about how good will and gestures go a very very long way without money, NS2 would be dead right now in all forms without most of the current server providers+modders+comphosters.

Not sure why Ironhorse would disagree with that either.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @nizb0ag
    there will be people willing to do this job for free.
    That's the part I disagree with.
    You have to pay someone to politely deal with the irate and disgruntled, because no one in their right mind can do that day in and day out for free. At least not for long..
    It'd be pretty amazing to find anyone willing to do so, who could reliably perform on the same level as a paid CM.

Worth watching.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Valve Time!

I believe valve time is min the very second they announce something to ... NaN
  • 3X4L73X4L7 Join Date: 2014-06-13 Member: 196510Members
    edited March 2016
    Not everyone is terrible at customer service, IronHorse...
    I agree with others that a cm is just a handjob. It's that annoying voice, it's the mimic of $.
    Just watch Clerks...a movie of customer service. That's worth watching.
    Let me sum it up...

UWE wants to take donation money to pay someone else to deal with us.

You can't have people pulling the truth from anyone...a truth may silence the search for answers... wait what's this about mod situation? Do you need help with uninstalling a mod? You seem angry about something... I don't know let me ask the devs I'll get back with you....

Sigh... I guess you need a CM if you're rude or you want to tell lies. I think you all want to be paid in royalties in terms of skins by keeping your imagine up with a paid lip service person.

Don't want to deal with the public? Pack up! move on...why are we reading this?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    amoral wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Valve Time!

I believe valve time is min the very second they announce something to ... NaN
    zurQmPg.gif
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    To both who disagree on my last post.
    Just read this:
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2275270/#Comment_2275270

Parts of NS2+ or the whole mod and the bugfixes from xDragon need to be implemented for sure. But the timing that this has to happen right now is kinda stupid in times of an broken shuffle system.
    One argument was "player retention".
    Im sure sure a new player dont care about an option to disable atmospheric sounds while he get slaughtered nonstop cause one sided rounds.

In my opinion UWE should implement xDragons bugfixes (should be relative easy), continue on Hive2.0 and the other stuff that was in the pipeline and implement NS2+ later.
    We lived so long with the mod, 1 or 2 month more would not be really a problem.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Well one thing is for sure.

My work day is ten times slower without the drama posts.

C'mon guys, please continue to fuss. Work is boring af.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I hate those shitty little pillows on couches
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited March 2016

I agree. There seems to be 2 different camps of thought about these. Some people can't sit on a couch without them, but clearly they're irritating enough to force some people to avoid couches with them. Comfort vs function.

What is uwe planning on doing about this? @rantology?

Maybe @Deck_ could drop some reasonable logic on us about this divisive issue?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    2cough wrote: »

I agree. There seems to be 2 different camps of thought about these. Some people can't sit on a couch without them, but clearly they're irritating enough to force some people to avoid couches with them. Comfort vs function.

What is uwe planning on doing about this? @rantology?

Maybe @Deck_ could drop some reasonable logic on us about this divisive issue?

Seriously?

I think it's about time this thread is locked, the title question has been answered and nothing productive is happening here anymore.
    edited March 2016
    You think? Please see previous post.

Edit: I'm actually really sorry if this bothered you. I didn't realize it was okay for ppl to go on for like an entire page about bees, but inappropriate to try to lighten a resolved situation that weighed heavy on some with a little humor. My bad, I'll bee-have now.
This discussion has been closed.