It's true, SN for XB1! Free digital download license / discount for PC backers?

Hyp3rionHyp3rion Australia Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202396Members
edited March 2016 in Subnautica on Consoles
So all the little clues on Trello have turned out to be true! Subnautica is coming to the xbone! Not that I care that much since I've already got it on the PC, but it would be nice just being able to flick the xbone on when I have half an hour spare and enjoy exploring on the 50" TV and surround sound :D

Which leads me to a question...will current PC backers get a free digital license to download SN for xbone or at least a code to purchase a copy at a discount?

Obviously looking to release on xbone means you guys are getting pretty close to a proper release, so congrats on reaching that milestone! To date I have been really impressed with your progress and community interaction, keep up the great work and all the best with your imminent release!

- Hyp3rion

Comments

• crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Its releasing on the Xbox Preview program, so I doubt we'll get a discount since its already not the full price. Maybe when the full release happens. Also, don't hold your breath for full release. There's still 6 months of development left easy, maybe more.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    crane476 wrote: »
    Its releasing on the Xbox Preview program, so I doubt we'll get a discount since its already not the full price. Maybe when the full release happens. Also, don't hold your breath for full release. There's still 6 months of development left easy, maybe more.

On the roadmap the devs say they are aiming for an August full release.
  • Hyp3rionHyp3rion Australia Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202396Members
    edited March 2016
    August / 6 months till release is still pretty soon to me when I've backed and been being playing other games for 2-4 years that are still in alpha and very obviously still in early development! :/

So looking forward to seeing one such title actually completed! :)
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Many games today aren't feature complete until a month or so before they are released. In fact, many games (especially indie) add significant features even after going gold (and I'm not even talking about DLC). The UWE development roadmap seems reasonable. But even if they miss their target by a month, it will still give significant time before the holiday season to take hold.