The luck thread

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Indeed @Nordic

On a side note......... It saves all footage to their own enclosed network it seems, so no editing locally or uploading to other video sites suchs as that obscure one called YouTube for example. It's a bit, weird...

I asked if you were feeling lucky, because I only read the title and then your post. I now see this thread is discussing video recording programs.

I am reading this. http://scree.org/forge-gg-game-streaming-without-the-hassle/ It seems interesting. The only thing that concerns me is that it doesn't record locally to my hdd. I don't want to use my upload.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Nordic wrote: »
    Indeed @Nordic

On a side note......... It saves all footage to their own enclosed network it seems, so no editing locally or uploading to other video sites suchs as that obscure one called YouTube for example. It's a bit, weird...

I asked if you were feeling lucky, because I only read the title and then your post.

I already Indeedified your question :D
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    it doesn't record locally to my hdd.

Well, to hell with that! What's the point then??? I mean yea... streaming...
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

It has a really nice feature set, and supposedly no fps loss.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

My coffee maker also can proudly claim it has no fps loss. :)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2015

My coffee maker also can proudly claim it has no fps loss. :)
    21191112075_95596a3e77_o.png
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2015
    I've found some other program, claiming the "no FPS loss" thing http://forge.gg/

It was on a facebook ad, so yeah that already had me going hmmmmmmmm WAAAT?

Here's a YT review:

No idea if Forge can hold up to their challenge, I've got OBS working perfectly soooooo....... But for those of you wanting to give it a try, maybe it is better? Who really knows :tongue:

I refuse to trust a reviewer that still has utorrent on his pc - even if it's a legacy version.
  • umdum9umdum9 London ON. Join Date: 2015-01-24 Member: 201013Members
    edited October 2015
    No video but I took down two skulks at the same time, whats special was that one of the skulks was statistically the best player on the server. BTW Now that you mention Shadow Play I will actually run it and be sure to save clips that I think are sweet and send them here.
    umdum9 wrote: »
    No video but I took down two skulks at the same time, whats special was that one of the skulks was statistically the best player on the server. BTW Now that you mention Shadow Play I will actually run it and be sure to save clips that I think are sweet and send them here.

Nice! Make sure you can see the icon in the corner, so you know it's running. For me at least, Shadowplay has a habit of... just... not starting sometimes. Something awesome happens, and to my horror, it wasn't captured. :(
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Happened to me last night :/ got so used to it starting auto that when i reinstalled i forgot it isnt default :/ missed a fade skulk 1 shell double kill. Wasn't all that impressive, but it looked a little kewl
    I really wish I was using shadowplay today, because I managed to get a welder kill on a lerk. I knew it was a gamble to use welder instead of reload but it paid off.
    I really wish I was using shadowplay today, because I managed to get a welder kill on a lerk. I knew it was a gamble to use welder instead of reload but it paid off.

I just welded the hive, welder buddies :D
    Vids or it didn't happen. :)
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow

had this in a pcw a while back x)
    Vids or it didn't happen. :)

Just get me a time machine...
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Once i had 3000 player damage as GORGE!!!!!!! but ofcurse 0 kills.....
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    During a gorge rush - failed rush that is, we off course was BB the CC, marines Beacon kill the gorges, and phase back to kill the hive - non stayed to weld, and they fergot about the bablers! they where MVP that round and got the CC kill.

Think the real alien mvp there... Is the marine comm. That's definitely a comm fail.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2016
    Okay, I'm a youtube/video noob so apologies if this takes me a few edits to get right...

Very narrowly escaping @IronHorse's fade.

My shadowplay wont record audio if I forget to change the default audio on my desktop to headphones before I fire up ns2 since ns2 is defaulted to headphones, so just imagine the noises.
    Video is unwatchable. It says it does not exist. I am assuming you have the video set to private.
    Video is unwatchable. It says it does not exist. I am assuming you have the video set to private.

He had been using youtubes embed function, but it's fixed now.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @2cough

I love those moments when I am compelled to stupidly risk it all just for the possibility of getting the satisfying killing blow on someone that really really needs to die in your opinion. :D

Also : Wowww it looks like I was 20 ft away on your screen when hitting you, but for me you were point blank basically.
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @2cough

I love those moments when I am compelled to stupidly risk it all just for the possibility of getting the satisfying killing blow on someone that really really needs to die in your opinion. :D

Also : Wowww it looks like I was 20 ft away on your screen when hitting you, but for me you were point blank basically.

Ns2's netcode, right?
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    Blind 'nades, luck or skill?

I never even saw the skulk, but I heard him and knew he was chasing me. Still, I never would have expected to actually get a kill on this shot.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    In the good old times of Exo pain trains, it once thought that crawling through my Gorge Tunnel was a good idea and a noob marine killing the entrance on one side and me hard pressing E on the other did the rest :)
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    In the good old times of Exo pain trains, it once thought that crawling through my Gorge Tunnel was a good idea and a noob marine killing the entrance on one side and me hard pressing E on the other did the rest :)

How many did you get?
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    _INTER_ wrote: »

I remember a game on Medi's captains server where I think three exos jumped through a tunnel. Only to have the gorge rapidly drop both ends of a new one, killing everyone inside. It was one of the more painful things to ever happen in my memory of ns2.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2016
    sotanaht wrote: »
    How many did you get?
    I think it were atleast two Exos and a some footsoldiers. Unfortunately a couple of Alien's stalling the train died in the process, but their heroic sacrifice is remembered. :tongue:
    Map was Descent and tunnel was from Drone Bay to Fabrication I believe.
  • GrissiGrissi Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20314Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Here is an old one from the beta days: