A diving suit system with upgrades

zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
edited March 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
We all know the stillsuit, reinforced diving suit, radioactive suit and the rebreather. All diving is without depth limit right now, regardless of the diving equipment. That will probably change with the exosuit, which is more a vehicle than a suit. Then we can't probably dive deep with normal suits anymore.

I ask myself if it's not better to use an upgradable suit and diving equipment.
  • You can have a choice between a normal suit or a full helmet with gloves suit
  • Tanks, fins, temperature and compass should stay seperate
  • The stillsuit system, reinforcement or rebreather should be standart upgrades
  • For the full helmet suit there could be an additional liquid air tank system to allow diving deeper or thermal or radioactive protection

Maybe you can dive down to 200m with the standart suit, 500m with the full suit or rebreather and up to 1000m with the liquid air upgrade. And a thermal protection could save you up to a heat of 100. Everything beyond that, like acid, greater heat or depth will be the domain of the exosuit.

A slight rework of the paper doll UI will be necessary and the upgrades will need a menu rework of the modification station.

EDIT:
The standart diving suit
640?cb=20150514065325
should allow depth to 200m and 500m with rebreather
max 2 possible upgrade layers

An example of a full helmet protection suit, which is almost called an exosuit
640?cb=20150517233843
should allow depth of 500m and 1000m with liquid breathing system
allows additional radioactive or thermal protection as advanced upgrades
max 3 possible upgrade layers

The planned exosuit, which is more an exomech vehicle than a suit
640?cb=20150312221317
go to any depth up to 3000m
max protection

Comments

• Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited March 2016
    I like it but how you planned to reach that depth without submarines, fins,... Just sunk? or falling down by gravitation force? How you planing floating up? Oxigen in liquid suit not unlimited too. Then must to be some sort of elevator device on Cyclop for descent you to that depth and pull you up after all. Some sort a platform maybe?
  • konbedkonbed Belgium Join Date: 2016-03-11 Member: 214104Members
    I like it but how you planned to reach that depth without submarines, fins,... Just sunk? or falling down by gravitation force? How you planing floating up? Oxigen in liquid suit not unlimited too. Then must to be some sort of elevator device on Cyclop for descent you to that depth and pull you up after all. Some sort a platform maybe?
    Maybe small engines in this suit :tongue:
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    konbed wrote: »
    Maybe small engines in this suit :tongue:
    How small engines can lift us on surface from deep depth? Here we must think about something like a chest with some defence. All that nice creatures swiming around has a teeth, and then deeper depth - then bigger teeth. SMALL Engines you say. well well... i'm out
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members

Err, maybe I just enter a sub with those diving suits and then exit in the deep, because these are wearable suits ...

On the other side, you raised a valid and important LOL question when I think about the radioactive suit with all its incredible weight of lead:

Why don't you sink down to the ocean floor in record time if you wear a suit full of lead protection against radioactive radiation ??? And how the hell can you swim in this thing ??? ... At least we have now solved the problem of how to quickly descent to the ocean bottom - just enter a suit full of lead, dive and don't think how to come up again ...

Now about getting back up with a lead suit:
    • jet pack - I think the exosuit has one planned, so ... no
    • a grapple hook on the diving reel catching a creature on its way back to the water surface, unfortunately unimplemented, so ... no
    • green brain corals - their helium bubbles give you a lift in no time, but I think the devs forgot to implement them, so ... no
    • floaters - they can lift rocks, so why not a lead suit? And it would give the floaters more use too, so ... yes
    edited March 2016
    zetachron wrote: »
    At least we have now solved the problem of how to quickly descent to the ocean bottom - just enter a suit full of lead, dive and don't think how to come up again ...
    [/list]
    LOL.. pal, i flow my tears at lough!!! :D:o:'(:D

You say Floaters- is that pink bubbles which chewing the rock all around? Somehow I'll try to decorate my base outside by this nice balloons. You know - they start to eat my base! So stick em on my ass in deep I will not to risk! :)

You say Floaters- is that pink bubbles which chewing the rock all around? Somehow I'll try to decorate my base outside by this nice balloons. You know - they start to eat my base! So stick em on my ass in deep I will not to risk! :)

I think those floaters love to eat rock or metal and not fish or humans (probably the reason why the lift so much rocks and create floating island ... they only float until they are eaten up), so maybe you just risk the suit with that lead, but maybe unfortunately also the metal O2 tanks. But you're probably back at the surface when the floaters have eaten your tanks and all you risk is your metal inventory ... if you don't wear some prothesis. :D
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    edited March 2016
    I think those floaters love to eat rock or metal and not fish or humans

I got the proof you are wrong :D

mini_437769201603092240051.jpg

Just passing, I can't figure out why the floating equipment is crafted with an airsack instead of floater ?
    Bobythebee wrote: »
    I got the proof you are wrong :D

U save my life bro! I've just believe that its harmless... (creeping) :D
    Just updated the thread with pictures
    edited March 2016
    Just updated the thread with pictures

Great job man - realy... I saw your job before and now - just great... no comments
    u don't thik that wiev from your mech not wide enough (as on picture - 90 degrees - not more). So for looking back it must turn around but its too slow for dangerous depths. maybe some kind of rotationable "chest" part like a turret?