Anyone notice the linux performance has gone up drastically in the last patch?

bradx954bradx954 Canada Join Date: 2014-03-14 Member: 194723Members, Reinforced - Gold
At first I was pissed about the patch breaking my game but after I fixed it with the "no intro" config file fix. Hopefully they fix that btw because I wan't to see that intro sometime. But after that I noticed significantly higher fps then I had before the update. Used to be 20 to 30 now its 45 to 60. Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    You can watch it on youtube here.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    This is interesting. There weren't any noticeable linux changes for that patch. But sometimes some changes have unintended sideeffects.
    But just to be sure, are you sure you didn't by chance update your gpu drivers or some other critical part of the os around the same time?
  • bradx954bradx954 Canada Join Date: 2014-03-14 Member: 194723Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Asraniel wrote: »
    This is interesting. There weren't any noticeable linux changes for that patch. But sometimes some changes have unintended sideeffects.
    But just to be sure, are you sure you didn't by chance update your gpu drivers or some other critical part of the os around the same time?

No I don't believe I did.