What sort of base components would you like to see implemented?

Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
edited February 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
I love bases in subnautica, but there is always something missing; I wanted to ask you to see what you think would close off the seabases as epic. What do you think?

Comments

• TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    I know we're getting chairs for certain. Phaota's latest video on youtube shows them in one of the wrecks, and they will soon be scan-able and buildable. I hope they act in much the same way as the bench, suspending hunger and thirst as long as you're seated on them, BUT allowing you to access your PDA while doing so.
  • DarkwareDarkware US Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213126Members
    Any machine, device, or piece of furniture to justify making a new multipurpose room for it. Currently I see huge bases with countless rooms, yet most of them are empty and are just there for the sake of making the base big and cool. Don't get me wrong though, big bases are cool; it would just be nice to be able to actually put stuff in them so it's not so hollow and lifeless.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    definitely agree with that assessment of the empty, hollow and lifelessness of rooms. Though with the additon of planters you can finally add a bit of life to bases both inside and outside.
  • j1r2000j1r2000 canada Join Date: 2015-09-08 Member: 207813Members
    Merandix wrote: »
    I'm going in on discussion, not on the poll.

- Cyclops Docking (something like this may be in development)
    - More furniture (bed, chairs, tables)
    - Research areas (botanical & species analysers are in development).
    - Oxygen management systems (in consideration/early development)
    - Internal power generation systems.
    - PDA-interface with base, for example to dim the lights in some rooms.
    - Glass dome for the multipurpose room.
    - Airlocks (opposed to the immersion breaking simple hatches, just with slightly sped up filling/emtpying animations to prevent tediousness)

And a very big one:
    - The Map room! (like the concept art)

oh so like that scanner room http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Fragments it is a blueprint in game but it dose nothing
  • Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
    Merandix said -The map room!
    Then vote for bigger rooms m8.
  • Zamar037Zamar037 BC, Canada Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213178Members
    I wouldn't mind seeing an empty room the size of the moon pool.
  • corwin375corwin375 Join Date: 2016-01-31 Member: 212388Members
    I'm going in on discussion, not on the poll.
    And a very big one:
    - The Map room! (like the concept art)

It would be great to have even a simple 2D map on the PDA and ability to add comments.

Other then that, it would be nice to make existing items more practical.
    ie add oxygen tank refill and make tanks last longer and perhaps add an upgrade option to make a self refillable tank when surfaced.

Someone mentioned before oxygen limit in seamoth, which would work great with the refillable tank mechanics.

allow the bench to be used to skip time or add a bed/hibernation chamber for this?

and then a bigger room to fit it all in:)
    Its nice to see that people are listening to me now... :)
  • VoicedlightVoicedlight Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213306Members
    They should add a room that has a big hologram with a map of the sounding area.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members

Or that talked-about Map Room. Like, if you could build map scanners and plonk them down in certain areas, and the scan data is sent back to a map room in the base.
  • LeakingAmpsLeakingAmps Join Date: 2016-02-03 Member: 212527Members
    edited February 2016
    - Glass dome for the multipurpose room.

THIS.

Also pretty much everything else listed on this whole thread, except maybe airborne bases.

It'd be nice to see something like the moonpool, but without the dock, and with a solid floor, and maybe a version with rounded glass roof, like a greenhouse?. Somewhere that feels like it properly fits the new indoor planters.

Edit: also, some dedicated staircase, ladder, or elevator. Please. I'm tired of coming up with excuses to make hallways to attach vertical connectors to. Also the ability to rotate ladders. Please.
  • MerandixMerandix Netherlands Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210951Members
    A tiny and cheap moonpool as a 'luxury personal entrance' into you base would be fun too...
  • Monkey_MacMonkey_Mac Join Date: 2015-11-10 Member: 209147Members
    There are a lot of things I would like concerning base construction.

1) Larger rooms - I'm talking twice the size of the current multipurpose room. Basically Hub rooms.

2) Square rooms - Similar in size to 2 corridors long and 2 corridors wide. 6 connection points.

3) Glass rooms - A glass variant of all of the above discussed rooms.

4) Sloped Corridors - Twice the length of a normal corridor, one end is a corridor higher than the other.

5) Stair Corridors - Normal length for a corridor, one side is a corridor higher than the other.

6) Better ladder mechanics - Ladders that I can rotate in corridors, can get of halfway if available without having to build separate ladders.

7) Airlocks - Instead of the current hatch with an entry/exit animation

8) A dedicated divers moon pool - perhaps with some hangers for different available suit types

9) More full room upgrades - Such as "Med Bay", "large scale fabricator", "vehicle fabrication bay", "power transformer room".

Yeah thats pretty cool actually, shame devs rarely ever check here.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members

They're working on a map room.
  • Dracon1023Dracon1023 Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212724Members
    edited February 2016
    He was probably being sarcastic. At least, that's the vibe I got.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I think the moonpool should be able to build the seamoth. Needing to go to the surface and use the mobile builder is kinda odd.
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited February 2016
    I wanted to say research areas as well, but I could only pick one. Anyway, it would be nice to have a Bed if only for aesthetic reasons. Of course, using it to sleep and recover health at night would be beneficial.

What I really want is not listed as an option; glass domes that you could build on top of Rooms. Everyone who's heard me say this is no doubt tired of listening to it.

But back on topic... They probably ought to add a jukebox to change to mood. And the desk should be functional at some point (if they haven't planned anything for it already)
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    A Control Room with a 3D holographic map, Broadcast station, Database Mainframe, Security Station, etc has been brought up by several people, myself included. Also rooms large enough we could outfit as Captain's Quarters, Research Lab, Mess Hall, Engineering, etc.... all stuff that has been requested multiple times by multiple people. I think the Devs are working on most the ideas quietly, at least that's what it looks like:

PEwy4G.jpg

9ioFW0.jpg
  • austinezaaustineza Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213460Members
    A virtual in game working computer would be pretty cool to add where you can control base components with it such as lights, do research, store data, customize, put cameras down in deep caves and then monitor the cameras with the computer or attatch the camera to a remote control sea treader. That would he cool if next to the computer screen you could display holographic data charts and all that type of high tech stuff or add more monitor screens. And the computer is so realistic you can run out of space on the hard drive. Or in the computer data base you can check all the materials you have in your storage lockers. That would be awesome if they had conveyor belts too where you just drop your items on it and a glass tube at the end of the conveyor belt sucks all the resources up and puts them in whatever lockers or storage you assigned them to.
  • Dracon1023Dracon1023 Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212724Members
    If you are interested in a building a computer in bases, please check out my discussion page: forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/140617/build-able-computer-ai-for-seabases#latest and contribute ideas to it.
  • austinezaaustineza Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213460Members
    Dracon1023 wrote: »
    If you are interested in a building a computer in bases, please check out my discussion page: forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/140617/build-able-computer-ai-for-seabases#latest and contribute ideas to it.
    I checked out your page earlier and thought it was a pretty good idea ;)
    edited February 2016
    Lyeaux posted an idea for a crafting pool. Check out their original thread: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/138291/crafting-pool#latest
  • DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »

They're working on a map room.

It's a work in progress. Just because tester/player ideas aren't implemented immediately doesn't mean they aren't planned, or unread.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Honestly, except for airborne bases, I'd like to see all of that stuff.
    Monkey_Mac wrote: »

1) Larger rooms - I'm talking twice the size of the current multipurpose room. Basically Hub rooms.

2) Square rooms - Similar in size to 2 corridors long and 2 corridors wide. 6 connection points.

4) Sloped Corridors - Twice the length of a normal corridor, one end is a corridor higher than the other.

5) Stair Corridors - Normal length for a corridor, one side is a corridor higher than the other.

6) Better ladder mechanics - Ladders that I can rotate in corridors, can get of halfway if available without having to build separate ladders.

8) A dedicated divers moon pool - perhaps with some hangers for different available suit types

9) More full room upgrades - Such as "Med Bay", "large scale fabricator", "vehicle fabrication bay", "power transformer room".
    Monkey_Mac wrote: »

BRO U ARE BLOODY EPIC
    Whoops quoted 2wice
  • RasandeRasande Canada Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213655Members
    I'd like to see a docking bay for the Cyclops. Also, I don't know if i haven't found it yet but a way to hatch eggs and raise them would be fun on top of more furniture/cosmetic stuff.
    Rasande wrote: »
    I'd like to see a docking bay for the Cyclops. Also, I don't know if i haven't found it yet but a way to hatch eggs and raise them would be fun on top of more furniture/cosmetic stuff.

I think a magnetic docking clamp is in the works, according to Wikia. And what are you talking about? We already have a way to hatch creatures; Large Aquarium. Or are you suggesting these creatures would be tame when hatched and released into the open?