Why

OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
edited February 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
Why may I not see steam or hive profiles?

Don't be scared.

Comments

• OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Is it because we only have 13 players?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2016
    Assuming you actually have a problem, I don't know what you are talking about from your post. I can see hive or steam profiles. Could you be more detailed in what the problem is?
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    LOL ... how many Service Engineers does it take to change a light bulb? None, the light bulb in my office works fine.

Anyway, lets see about current NS2 servers: TF, DMD, LF, Wozza ... so no independent servers exist? Except China and maybe Brazil. which are Rookie only.

You just killed your game, no Christmas for another year, idiots.

The reason you don't want me to see, is you are scared. Own up.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2016
    I honestly am struggling to figure out what you are trying to say. If you are saying there are no independant community only "rookie only" servers, there are. Tactical Freedom has one in the US that I know about. Any server operator can set up a rookie only server if they want to.

Also, about you not being able to see hive score or steam profile. I figured I would show you a picture of me not having issues.
    cCt3vRj.jpg
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    We should have a sticky for how to write a proper forum post.

@OnosFactory

First you pick a short descriptive title of your problem. Not just "why". It tells us nothing and it's fucking lazy as shit. This is why you get lazy responses in return. You really don't deserve the effort Nordic generously provided here.

Then you write a detailed description in the post, and offer steps to reproduce the bug. Not just "why can't I see steam or hive profiles", without offering any context what so ever.

Judging by his past posts onosfactory seemed like a pretty reasonable guy, then it seems he disappeared for awhile prior to making this post.

What is this sickness you are afflicted with @OnosFactory ?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

Sometimes when I post, a bee flies past my window and I just have to follow it to see if it finds the flowers in my garden so it can go back to the hive. Not the hive you might be looking for but a hive nonetheless...
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Sometimes when I post, a bee flies past my window and I just have to follow it to see if it finds the flowers in my garden so it can go back to the hive. Not the hive you might be looking for but a hive nonetheless...

The mind of Kouji_San is a strange and foreign place. We started with a frustratingly vauge and trollish post, have since poked fun at it, then shown our aggravation with it, somehow that triggered "bees" from Kouji. I am confused.
  • NousWandererNousWanderer Join Date: 2010-05-07 Member: 71646Members
    Calego wrote: »

The mind of Kouji_San is a strange and foreign place. We started with a frustratingly vauge and trollish post, have since poked fun at it, then shown our aggravation with it, somehow that triggered "bees" from Kouji. I am confused.

sry bro no escape

oprah-bees.gif

game over 4 evry1
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

The hivemind is full of bees
    A bee discussion without @IronHorse ? Is there such a thing?
    Nordic wrote: »

I dunno man, this whole bee incident could be a sting operation...
    You guys are Beehaving so terribly.
    edited February 2016
    OnosFactory started it. Looks like Kouji is going to finish it with bees.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited February 2016
    This started as a post about profiles.

It has devolved into a discussion about bees.

TLDR the internet is an artificial brain tumor.
    coolitic wrote: »
    This started as a post about profiles.

It has devolved into a discussion about bees.

TLDR the internet is an artificial brain tumor.

Hive profiles, Bee Hives. Problem?
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nordic wrote: »

I dunno man, this whole bee incident could be a sting operation...

eyyyyyyyy
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2016

EDIT: Aww... that doesn't work as well as I'd hoped. :(
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    Nay, this thread is the bee's knees.

qjDh90j.gif
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nominous wrote: »
    Nay, this thread is the bee's knees.

qjDh90j.gif

Oh beehave @Nominous!
    This thread has officially Beerailed.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Why Lord? Why Bee?

Is that now back on topic?
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    I think OP was looking for this
    http://hive.naturalselection2.com/

Now bee quiet.