Add glare/lens flare for vehicle lights

BoltWardenBoltWarden Canada Join Date: 2016-01-14 Member: 211402Members
UW, please consider adding any or all of these lighting features(for the Seamoth if nothing else):

- Glare/lens flare effect (from strong lightsources(Seamoth headlights) as they enter player's field of view)
- Light rays (similar to sunbeams but cast from a strong lightsource, possibly only visible from certain angles?)
- Contextual or customizable Seamoth HUD indicator (Option to stop the fading pulse effect on the Seamoth HUD indicator and/or edge of screen arrow leading to SM indicator when in relatively close proximity to Seamoth that is not in field of view)

Under certain conditions it can become frustratingly challenging to locate a nearby Seamoth even with it's spotlights on.

Comments

• TheRelicOfOwlsTheRelicOfOwls Texas Join Date: 2016-01-06 Member: 211014Members
    completely agree with both lighting suggestions, it's actually disorienting at times when you're in pitch black and see where the light is pointing but not quite where it's coming from because of the lack of rays or the flare effect. I'd also like for the lights to actually cast a shadow when you pass in front of them... it really bothers me that after their lighting changes that wasn't already in effect.
  • ExentenzedExentenzed Norway Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212122Members
    I'd also like for the lights to actually cast a shadow when you pass in front of them.

They do though, atleast in the current experimental. Either your shadow settings are different from mine somehow, (I'm using the highest graphic settings) or its only in experimental.

• BoltWardenBoltWarden Canada Join Date: 2016-01-14 Member: 211402Members
    Ahh, yeah a shadow could have helped me get perspective in some of the situations where I become disoriented when looking for my Seamoth. I know the game does have shadows though, I'm running on minimal with -force-d3d9 though so that's why I'm without them.

I think part of this lighting issue may be a result of the lighting update. I remember the hand held flashlight used to have a light ray effect, unfortunately it had such high contrast that it basically obscured everything that it was supposed to be illuminating.
  • ExentenzedExentenzed Norway Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212122Members
    BoltWarden wrote: »
    unfortunately it had such high contrast that it basically obscured everything that it was supposed to be illuminating.

Honestly i still find this to be the case with both the seamoths lights and the flashlight from time to time, not as bad as it used to be though.