Ideas for Steam Trophies

EnterennEnterenn France Join Date: 2016-01-14 Member: 211406Members
edited January 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Maybe this have been already done or the team have already their idea
I've seen a lot of post of people who complains about the lack of goal in the game. I know the game isn't finished but somehow i think it could give those people things to achieve.

There a 2 type of trophies : Exploration and craft (I don't consider Bug Free Ocean as a game trophy)
a new kind could be added : Survival.

SO ! Here are my ideas :smile:

Exploration :
x Dive to depth of 40m (too easy, not enough rewarding)
- Dive to depth of 200m
- Dive to depth of 500m
- Collect x Scrap of metal / copper / mushroom / etc.
- Move away 1km from lifepod
- Explore Wreck Biome / Blood Kelp Biome / Koosh / etc. (dangerous biomes)

Craft :
x Craft Oxygen Tank (too easy, not enough rewarding) (instead It could be : First craft)
- Craft Suit
- Craft Seaglide
- Craft Seamoth / Cyclops
- Craft Tool (Builder / Welder / Laser cutter / Scanner [just one is enough])

- Build a base
- Build a Moon Pool

- Evolve one of your tool with the Modification station

Survival :
- Kill a Stalker / Sand shark / Bone shark
- Get/Eat x Peeper / Gary Fish
- heal you with a first-aid kit
- Bring energy to your base
- Build a Water filtration Machine (could be in craft type but it's more a survival thing than a seaglide)
- Disable the radiation from the Aurora
- Survive the Reaper Leviathan after it explose your Seamoth (yeah why not ?!) ( if it doesn't kill you within x min after it explose your Seamoth)
- Find a Signal

There could be so much more trophies to come with futur update like O² in base, new area, monster, etc.
The game is great and has a lot of potential

Comments

• LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    Enterenn wrote: »
    Agree with everything but this, since this would encourage players to just kill predators instead of outsmarting them/disabling them
  • SegosaurusSegosaurus in another castle Join Date: 2016-01-25 Member: 212049Members
    Why multiple things per acheivement? Just have one objective per acheivement, like an acheivement just for cooking a peeper, not a peeper or a garryfish.
  • EnterennEnterenn France Join Date: 2016-01-14 Member: 211406Members
    @Segosaurus It's was example, but yes i agree with you, just cook a peeper is enough.
    @LordDerp I know that a lot of people on the forum doesn't want to kill species, it's not the aim of the game. But sometime you got to defend yourself from those creatures (well.. early in the game at least). This is how you survive in a hostile environment when you're being attacked.

The Stasis Rifle is good, but it's not as good as kill a stalker and wear its skin as a coat and make a necklace with its teeth (joke)
  • Sigil_ThaneSigil_Thane Oklahoma, USA Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210855Members
    LordDerp wrote: »
    Enterenn wrote: »
    Agree with everything but this, since this would encourage players to just kill predators instead of outsmarting them/disabling them

How is this any different than encouraging players to kill Peepers? There's nothing inherently more noble about eating a fish that eats only plants. If you want a game that doesn't encourage players to kill maybe the best route to go would be to reward time survived instead. (1 Day, 1 Week, 1 Month, 1 Year)

Note: I'm not against killing peepers to eat... or even Predators for that matter. (If I'm Starving to death and there's no other options available I may be desperate enough to try to kill and eat a Stalker.)

Anyway, I'm not completely sold on the idea that a Pacifist Vegan mentality lends itself well to a survival situation. Defending oneself against persistent predators consumes a lot or energy which is scarce, and there is little likelihood of being able to simply acquire all the nutrients needed to live in isolation for any amount of time without eating a large variety of things. Sure, it's great to try, but the energy density in meat is just so much higher and it takes a lot out of you to swim practically everywhere.