Complex Food.

TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
I think having complex "ALIEN" food that gives the player some passive buff's might be a good idea, nothing to crazy so buffs that fit within the scope of the game, I know some of the following is already in the works for the DNA Splicer but I suspect that those will be more permanent where as these food buff's would have a short timer.

The suggestions that will follow are just my idea's but what I'm suggesting is more about the concept than any recipe bellow so if you see a recipe bellow that looks stupid ignore it and think about the mechanic as a whole.
  • Fish Soup
    • 1 x Small Fish (peeper,holefish,hoop.... etc)
    • 2 x water
    • 1 salt
    Buff - Hunger * 1 minutes
  • Fish Broth
    • 1 x Small Fish (peeper,holefish,hoop.... etc)
    • 1 x water
    • 1 x Acid Mushroom
    • 1 salt
    Buff - Hunger * 3 minutes
  • Rabbitray Stew
    • 1 x Rabbitray
    • 2 x water
    • 1 salt
    • 2 Fungus
    Buff - Hunger * 5 minutes
  • Airsack Slushy
    • 1 x Airsack
    • 1 x water
    Buff - Thirst * 1 minutes
  • Airsack Smoothie
    • 1 x Airsack
    • 1 x water
    • 1 x creepvine
    Buff - Thirst * 3 minutes
  • Airsack Medley
    • 1 x Airsack
    • 1 x water
    • 1 x creepvine
    • 1 x Acid mushroom
    Buff - Thirst 5 minutes
  • Predator Hot Pot
    • 1 x Stalker Steak
    • 1 x Gasopod Gass Ball
    • 1 x Sandshark cutlet
    • 1 x Salt
    • 1 x water
    Buff - Stamina 5 minutes

Possible buffs
  • Hunger - this buff slows down the rate that you loose hunger (food bar)
  • Thirst - Like hunger but for water
  • Breathing - like above but for breathing/air
  • Stamina - all three above at one time.
  • Sight - increase your ability to see in the dark (carrot soup?)
  • Strength - increases your resistance to pain/damage
  • Iceblood - increases resistance to heat
  • fireblood - increases resistance to cold

I actually have loads of other's I could list but would rather hear what you guys think first, there is all the fauna on the islands to factor in as well as the fauna on the sea floor so lots of salad potential, not to mention some super food that gives every buff at the same time, could be made with Leviathan Steak..

Bottom line is I think the game would benefit greatly from having more complex food recipes that give the player some passive bonus's for a short duration.

It's an alien planet folks food might work differently here.

Comments

• ChaumurkyChaumurky Deep Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210715Members
    I was just trying out the new update and while using the thermoblade I got a message that popped up telling me that if ever I was ever tired of eating bland food that I should try using spices and herbs. I immediately tried harvesting nearby kelp... but have no clue where I would get herbs/spices? Table coral? :D
  • TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
    that on experimental ? or stable I'v not played in day or so, kinda done everything there is to do at the moment.
  • ChaumurkyChaumurky Deep Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210715Members
    I am playing on Stable... It might be prep for another update including advanced food choices? Still hoping to stumble on some spicy alien herbs :)