Why am I still green? When do I get a commander badge?

TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
edited January 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
I hear these questions a lot and I am not really sure of the answer. The responses I hear most are:

*Rookie status until five hours are logged on the hive.

*Commander badge after 10 hours of winning or 20 hours total.

So, how close to the truth are these factoids? Others are saying the rookie status is based on hive skill now. Can I get some clarification?
Also, is there still a way to switch back to rookie green?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2016
    Oh another returning face. Welcome back!

Have a look at these threads for answers to your questions:

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    And yea... IIRC you earn the commander badge from 10 hours of winning or 20 hours of losing, whichever comes first.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Wait, whaaaaaat does 20hour of losing prove though :D
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »

How to throw a game 101 featuring Kouji_San ?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2016
    MaxAmus wrote: »

How to throw a game 101 featuring Kouji_San ?

Shhht man, everyone knows I'm a trollmander! But I can make losing fun as well, unlike some of those blasted concede whelps :D

Also I'm not an RTS player. I support the commander doing field command, relaying orders... Ever since the red button incident, I'm not allowed in the chair anymoar...
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    And yea... IIRC you earn the commander badge from 10 hours of winning or 20 hours of losing, whichever comes first.

GhoulofGSG9 worded it a bit different on the DLC thread above.
    The Commander badge at hive can be unlocked by playing 10h as commander (time of victorious rounds counts twice)

Thanks to all who participated today. :)
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter

Precisely the same thing that getting to Level 3 does.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2016

That you are perverse enough to put up with the abuse you receive as a commander a for a whole 20 hours of gameplay + post match ready room.

Also, some people will never be good at commanding, but hey, at least they are trying, and we want more people to get in the chair and at least attempt to com right?

After 20hrs, you can say they've given it a fair crack, and whether they continue or not, we should thank them for at least attempting to keep this game alive.

EDIT - Even a trollmander should be allowed her badge of glory.