Seamoth robotic arm module

TheRelicOfOwlsTheRelicOfOwls Texas Join Date: 2016-01-06 Member: 211014Members
What it says in the title. I thought it was odd this game didn't already have this. Just like any real-life deep sea exploring submersible, the Seamoth should have robotic arms as an expansion so you don't have to constantly expose yourself to extreme depths outside of it in order to harvest resources. Being in the crush depth of the character should also do damage over time more frequently if not outright kill you if you don't have the reinforced dive suit - which shouldn't realistically help you at extreme depths anyway if not pressurized, that would be a reason for exo suits or something.

thoughts?

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    A gravity manipulator would probably be much more suited.
  • ChaumurkyChaumurky Deep Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210715Members
    Agreed regarding Seamoth robotic arm.

At extreme depths we should barely be able to move on our own due to increased atmospheric/barometric pressure.
  • TheRelicOfOwlsTheRelicOfOwls Texas Join Date: 2016-01-06 Member: 211014Members
    edited January 2016
    A gravity manipulator would probably be much more suited.

A gravity manipulator sounds like it's in the same vein as the propulsion gun or terraformer.
    Chaumurky wrote: »
    Agreed regarding Seamoth robotic arm.

At extreme depths we should barely be able to move on our own due to increased atmospheric/barometric pressure.

Exactly.

I do see issues with how items would reach your inventory though from outside the sea moth. Perhaps any gathered resources go to any cargo modules you have? If there aren't any cargo mods I guess you could carry one resource at a time lol
  • ChaumurkyChaumurky Deep Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210715Members
    edited January 2016
    That makes sense :)

Speaking of the Seamoth and cargo module, it would be nice to be able to load/unload cargo while the Seamoth is docked within the Cyclops.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    A gravity manipulator sounds like it's in the same vein as the propulsion gun or terraformer.

That's basically what it would be. A Seamoth mounted propulsion gun.
  • TheRelicOfOwlsTheRelicOfOwls Texas Join Date: 2016-01-06 Member: 211014Members
    Agreed. It also just kind of makes sense to me. One of those "why wouldn't you do this?" type of things lol
  • HumpfyGabHumpfyGab Germany Join Date: 2016-01-02 Member: 210798Members
    I think the developers are well aware of these things and will introduce all these mechanics (deep sea harvesting, waterpressure) alongside the exosuit.

After all the exosuit is just designed for puroses like havesting, building and manipulating things under hgh presure and other extreme circumstances.
    The Seamoth on the other hand is a tool for exploration.

Just be patient. All these things take time to implement.