Modular Helmet/Equipment

IDTiaIDTia New York Join Date: 2016-01-04 Member: 210874Members
Now, I love the flashlight model, it is quite satisfying to see in your hands, a beautiful model, but as you go to the more deeper and dangerous parts of the sea, it starts to lose practicality, studying flora in pitch black darkness with the Scanner, or trying to fire your stasis rifle at the two bonesharks about to eat you, but can't see. You can use the Seamoths headlights, but they make things too saturated to see properly. Why not a headlamp for your helmet? Practical thing to have available.

Now, technically the helmet is modular, being able to add a compass and a thermometer to it, but that is something that would really be included in a basic survival kit. Additionally, in deep dark underwater caves, it's near impossible to tell up from down, so being able to add a Gyroscope like device to your helmet would be beneficial to regaining your bearings when you get disoriented. Now it would be nice to have a compass off the bat, it would be something that would require upgrading for it to function deep underwater.

Lastly, the rebreather could be something that might be better of as modular, as undoubtedly more suits will be added to the game.

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    IDTia wrote: »
    Additionally, in deep dark underwater caves, it's near impossible to tell up from down

>Be in deep dark cave
    >Drop flare
    >See which way it falls

That way is down.

>Also now you can see in the cave

I just wish we could make them from magnesium instead of the extremely rare and dangerous to obtain Crash Powder.
  • IDTiaIDTia New York Join Date: 2016-01-04 Member: 210874Members
    IDTia wrote: »
    Additionally, in deep dark underwater caves, it's near impossible to tell up from down

>Be in deep dark cave
    >Drop flare
    >See which way it falls

That way is down.

>Also now you can see in the cave

I just wish we could make them from magnesium instead of the extremely rare and dangerous to obtain Crash Powder.

As it stands flares are currently not very practical as mentioned, due to their the quantity needed and the danger involved. They also take up too much space to be useful.
  • StakhanovStakhanov Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14448Members
  • IDTiaIDTia New York Join Date: 2016-01-04 Member: 210874Members
    Stakhanov wrote: »

Yes, the flashlight was indeed mentioned, but it didn't go into any detail. Additionally, flashlights are not the only thing discussed here.

Thank you for your constructive contribution to the thread all the same though.