NS2-Tweaks

xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
I recently published a mod with some of the bug fixes that are implemented in CompMod currently. Its titled as NS2-Tweaks, and is published on steam workshop and github currently.

WS Link - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=581005458
Github - https://github.com/xToken/NS2-Tweaks

Below are the things fixed/added currently:
Fixes following bugs:
View Angles on respawn being random.
Clogs leaving ghost colliders after falling.
RTs taking damage on round start sometimes.
No damage feedback for attacking aliens with mucous.
Catpacks being picked up by marines who still have catalyst boost.
Fix for steam friends overriding enemy colors on minimap (Mainly for gestating eggs)

Also added debugrifle console command to help debugging rifle jam. After getting jam, enter debugrifle into console and get me the results. Doesnt need to be immediately after, but try not to fire when reloading too much as it might clear the log.

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Are there any plans for this to be brought into vanilla in the near future?
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    @Obraxis @BeigeAlert @WasabiOne any news on this being added to vanilla?
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited January 2016
    Clogs leaving ghost colliders after falling.

i don't know if this will fall under this fix, but they also leave colliders when they die to burn damage. reproduce: tap it with flamethrower, let the DoT destroy it. happens most of the time.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I already brought this up internally days ago
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    It's been discussed, outlook good. :) What we're trying to do now is make part of our gitlab open to public for exactly these kinds of contributions.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ill have to test the clogs dying by flame damage, but it should be an easy one now that I found the root cause.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    It's been discussed, outlook good. :) What we're trying to do now is make part of our gitlab open to public for exactly these kinds of contributions.

Now that you mention opening up gitlab for people to contribute, what happened with this?
    So in short, not only does the NS2 Development team still greatly welcome community contributions, but we are excited to be able to give back to those contributors in a meaningful way. This contribution system has yet to be ironed out, but we’re looking forward to providing an environment where contributions are not only recognized, but compensated. This system will encourage community members to develop new features and content that can be integrated into the game for everyone to enjoy.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    been saying this for years ^
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ghost clogs from them dying were also a thing, those being worse in that the object existed on the server and would actually block movement/bullets. Fixed that too.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited January 2016
    yeah that's what I was referring to with the flame. it's possible to block any sized door until map change with the method during pregameplus if you really want to be a dick.
  • DeathcoreDeathcore Join Date: 2011-03-08 Member: 85254Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter
    Able to shed any light on this at all? - http://pastebin.com/GLYSe54F

It results in 200mb+ logfiles and drops FPS to about 20 while spamming the console, I can post the full log if required and I'm going to try and reproduce it now.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @xDragon I've sent you the server log on Discord.
    Oops, guess thats what I get for copy/pasting it all out of compmod. Its fixed now.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @xDragon I can't see the mod on the Workshop anymore. Did you hide it?
    edited January 2016
    Seems they updated the workshop agreement, it should be visible again now. This might affect anyone with a WS mod.
    Just published another update to fully fix steam friend colors on minimap. Also changes embryo's (gestating players) to show up as eggs.
  • FursFurs Join Date: 2013-09-20 Member: 188365Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2016
    edit: doubting atm if its ns2tweaks will need to check a bit more..

The gorge icons seem a bit messedup, like they overlap or something.. and railgun icon for babbler bal?

http://imgur.com/RpG22uQ
    Yea i have seen that a couple times now, not sure what is causing that. But I have seen it before I made ns2-tweaks.
    Updated again with some improvements to skulk wallwalking, specifically when moving over large angles on the ceiling.
    xDragon wrote: »
    Updated again with some improvements to skulk wallwalking, specifically when moving over large angles on the ceiling.

How did it improve?
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    You don't just fall off for no reason most of the time now Kappa
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

@BeigeAlert, Haven't you wanted this for years now?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Nordic wrote: »

@BeigeAlert, Haven't you wanted this for years now?

Yes! Was told performance was an issue. Anxious to see how well this worked out! :)
    A lot of people have talked about it recently, so my next task is looking to be removing metabolize from slot2, and just leaving it on shift. Would like to get an idea for how people feel about that overall.
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I know some comp players that use it on weapon2 so that crouching and metabolizing are easier to do together. Im not a fan of removing an option just because people select it by mistake.
    edited January 2016
    Alright updated with a fix for one occurrence of the rifle jam bug. When reloading at the precise time you are landing from a jump, you may notice a slight delay (~0.05ms) before the reload animation starts playing.
    Updated with a fix for ghost firing SG after building.

Let me know of any other outstanding bugs I should look into, and any repro steps if you got em.
    Updated again to fix exosuit parasite not being maintained as expected.