26514 2015-12-23 16:32:08 Igor Popov implemented water park -- What is this?

Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
Trying to figure out if this is a behind the scenes programming element, or some kind of in game element.

Comments

• Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    Never Mind, its the big aquarium.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I'm looking forward to being able to put fish in it. It looks large enough for a rabbitray.
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    OMG! This is the best thing ever! I wouldn't have noticed probably for days if you hadn't opened that thread, dude xD
    This is sooo cool!
    I'm looking forward to being able to put fish in it. It looks large enough for a rabbitray.
    I have fish in it already! Just go inside and release them from your inventory via right click. Rabbit rays prolly when eggs are a thing.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited December 2015
    OMG! This is the best thing ever! I wouldn't have noticed probably for days if you hadn't opened that thread, dude xD
    This is sooo cool!
    I have fish in it already! Just go inside and release them from your inventory via right click. Rabbit rays prolly when eggs are a thing.

I didn't realize you could actually go in them, that's cool! It does a great job of filling up the empty space I usually end up with in my bases.

PMNfXEe.jpg
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    edited December 2015
    Very cool!
    How many fish will it hold?

Well, just read the wiki and the Water Park allows for fish breeding. If you have two fish of the same species in the tank they will begin to reproduce (up to ten). I wonder if that aspect of the tank has been implemented yet?
  • lxhlxh Austria Join Date: 2015-03-13 Member: 202074Members
    edited December 2015
    Finally Subnautica becomes the interactive tamagotchi screensaver which it should be. Yeah, I love it! We'll end up feeding fish in the aquarium! Hihi ...

And by the way it's perfect! You mustn't leave your base for a smart in-game suicide any more. Even in freedom mode now! Just jump inside and close your eyes. Good night ...
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I like the water park. With some small and big points of comment ofc.
    • Very VERY rarely you can not place a hatch. (I did F8 it.) I can not reproduce this in any other room, but rebuilding the water park in the effected room keeps reproducing it. :p
    • I would like a option not only to stack them in rooms, like we can now, but also have a choice if I want to stack but separate them.
    • Hatch in essence makes no sense. (why does the water stay in, forcefield?) Can we have the ability to make top hatches if we stack rooms. (If its in, I missed it)
  • lxhlxh Austria Join Date: 2015-03-13 Member: 202074Members
    Hmmm, I'm sorry for my sarcastic comment. But if my imagination doesn't fail ...
    This thing is for breeding foodfish, right? So one question: If there was the blueprint available at game start, so why eat anyway? It's like the magic food cheat. And if it was a hard to find fragment, i guess - at this time in game - every one had a brimful stock of food no one can ever eat.
    Please don't get me wrong, I'm really curious ... what is it good for? Crossbreeding?
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    havent you noticed on previous patterns that we first get the shiny in a easy free way so we can poke it in every direction?
    Then they are like 'lets fragment it', like it should.

I imagine this Water Park should be a very very hard fragment to get.

Because if it is to easy it would indeed make the food gathering to easy.
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    edited December 2015
    lxh wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm sorry for my sarcastic comment. But if my imagination doesn't fail ...
    Don't apologize, despite the disagreements on this forum, I like your reasoned input more than the input from some other posters (*cough* SPIRIN *cough*).
    Anyway, your crossbreeding question got me thinking about the transfuser, the fish, and the water park. If the transfuser allows you to take a trait from one animal and transfuse it into another, then will that trait be passed on to another generation, or will it just be temporary?
    If I place two Peepers into my water park, infuse them both with the trait to grow larger, and then let nature take it's course, will I end up with a tank full of giant Peepers?
    I guess until we get our hands on the transfuser we can't know. Will subnautica ultimately allow us to manipulate fishy genetics? My inner Dr. Frankenstein needs to know.