An Underlying story to keep the game moving.

SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
There should be like a storyline, adding on to fixing the aurora power generators (actually reactors).

Okay you build your base, seen all the biomes, stock up on food and resources, Now What?

A ultimate goal, maybe find out what that thing that destroyed your ship was, getting backstory on the aurora (hint hint :) ),

Ideas for a goal, put in comments

REMEMBER!!!

Once your done with the game you can still build stuff and explore, there is no definite ending, really just a motivation to keep playing the game!,

(WHICH IS ALREADY AWESOME, AND ITS STILL IN ALPHA)!!!

Comments

• Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    What... is the point of this thread exactly?
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    SPIRIN1224 wrote: »
    There should be like a storyline, adding on to fixing the aurora power generators (actually reactors).

Okay you build your base, seen all the biomes, stock up on food and resources, Now What?

A ultimate goal, maybe find out what that thing that destroyed your ship was, getting backstory on the aurora (hint hint :) ),

I respectfully suggest checking in on 'Aurora Falls' occasionally...

Okay, so it's not the 'Official' Subnautica storyline, although The Survivor has some definite goals in mind.

Might answer a few questions. :)
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    What... is the point of this thread exactly?

Ok, for anyone to have gameplay ideas that would make the game more interesting, there is an example in the desc.
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    SPIRIN1224 wrote: »

I respectfully suggest checking in on 'Aurora Falls' occasionally...

Okay, so it's not the 'Official' Subnautica storyline, although The Survivor has some definite goals in mind.

Might answer a few questions. :)

Actually I believed I put a link to that thread. oh well, yes have read all that. But one in which it seems intriguing, as if the thoughts are not owned by the characters, by you the player.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I suspect that with the pieces of explorable wreckage being added that it won't be long before we are given clues as to what caused Aurora to crash. Maybe errors and warning messages on the computers, assuming they weren't completely destroyed? The AI already tells you that there are trace human remains in the digestive systems of the cave crawlers found on the main wreckage. This suggests that either the bodies weren't completely incinerated during the explosion or that a number of crew members survived for the first few days, before falling victim to the explosion and/or native fauna. Plus the AI reports interference when attempting to interface with Aurora's blackbox once you fix the radiation leakages. Fixing the blackbox might be an objective later?

All of this is just speculation of course and I apologize if this isn't the thread for it. I'm very excited to see what the developers come up with either way.
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
  • ROBOCOPMAXROBOCOPMAX Frechen, DE Join Date: 2015-12-29 Member: 210544Members
    I think that the main goal would be to find the blackbox to classify the cause of the energy beam and the assembly of an radio tower to send a distress signal.
    Maybe some underwater creature took the blackbox with it and descended into the deepest caves of the ocean.
    The blackbox would grant the blueprint of the distress emitter.
  • kardo666kardo666 Slovakia Join Date: 2015-12-30 Member: 210600Members
    What about another suvivor. Wounded and we need to take care of him (her). Whole crafting tree to stabilize him and cure his wounds to get rescued together.
  • 6ismus6ismus Florida Join Date: 2015-12-30 Member: 210592Members
    The black box could be guarded by a sea dragon leviathan or a monstrous grab crab in the lost river biome.

p.s. I personally think this biome shouldn't be extremely deep, just make it really far out or at least branching off from the grand reef cave.
  • DanielRicciardoDanielRicciardo USA Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210708Members
    kardo666 wrote: »
    What about another suvivor. Wounded and we need to take care of him (her). Whole crafting tree to stabilize him and cure his wounds to get rescued together.

This would be juicy. You two can rip parts of the Aurora off (taking many many many hours) and building your own smaller ship from its parts. You'd have to plan it and develop the new ship yourselves. Kind of like physics games where you build stuff and test it in flight. That'd be really really cool.