More glove types!

Eddie894Eddie894 United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-10-27 Member: 208795Members
edited February 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
It seems that only radiation gloves fill up the 'gloves' slot. And when you repair the Aurora's warp drive core, there is no use for them. So I think that their should be other types of gloves to wear. Here's some ideas:

Building gloves - Speedens up construction and interaction with objects
Swimming gloves - Increases swimming speed further, combined with flippers
Hazard gloves - Armored gloves which enable you to hold hazardous things/fish, like bleeders, without taking damage
Grip gloves - Allow you to grip magnetically (Or any other way) onto surfaces. Useful for above sea level bases, and perhaps the aurora.

I only have a few ideas for now, so I may edit this in the future if I find more :smiley:

Feel free to post more ideas below! :smiley:

Eddie894

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Insulating gloves that let you grab those electric fish.
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    Eddie894 wrote: »
    Swimming gloves - Increases swimming speed further, combined with flippersEddie894
    These are planned, or at least, the devs have thought about it at some point. Seems logical to me as well

Hazard gloves - Armored gloves which enable you to hold hazardous things/fish, like bleeders, without taking damageEddie894
    The armored diving suit doesn't have this? Or is it only a suit? Or does it have it?
  • Eddie894Eddie894 United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-10-27 Member: 208795Members
    edited November 2015
    LordDerp wrote: »
    Swimming gloves - Increases swimming speed further, combined with flippersEddie894
    These are planned, or at least, the devs have thought about it at some point. Seems logical to me as well

Hazard gloves - Armored gloves which enable you to hold hazardous things/fish, like bleeders, without taking damageEddie894
    The armored diving suit doesn't have this? Or is it only a suit? Or does it have it?

No. The diving armour/suit protects you from 50% of outside damage, and it is only a single item for you're suit. What I am talking about is gloves that fully protect you from small scale fish, like them bleeders, without being hurt. As for the swim gloves, I did not know the devs had already thought about it. Thanks!
    Myrm wrote: »
    Insulating gloves that let you grab those electric fish.

The shockers? Not so sure about that. Sure elctrical insulation is a nice idea, especially if Unknown Worlds adds something more to do with electricity, but I would think shockers are too big to grab with hands! :smile:
  • nihilis3nihilis3 U.S Join Date: 2015-12-21 Member: 210146Members
    How about swim gloves with a built-in flashlight so you can still hold your guns/knives and see?
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    Webbed swimming gloves are what comes to mind first, definetely. Insulated gloves... hm, isn't there open electrical wires in the new wreck? Maybe for some sort of repair?

Let's wait what the magma and ice biomes hold for us, there might be some hazardous stuff lying around there.

Also what just came to my mind, magnetic gloves to increase to range you can grab certain things...
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Repulsion cannon gloves.

Alterra might need to have a chat with Stark Industries first, though.

nihilis3 wrote: »
    How about swim gloves with a built-in flashlight so you can still hold your guns/knives and see?

Perhaps, but maybe the devs should stick a light like that into the helmet of the player, like an upgrade mod or something. Looking at how you would hold tools, light gloves would seem very impractical.
    Webbed swimming gloves are what comes to mind first, definetely. Insulated gloves... hm, isn't there open electrical wires in the new wreck? Maybe for some sort of repair?

Let's wait what the magma and ice biomes hold for us, there might be some hazardous stuff lying around there.

Also what just came to my mind, magnetic gloves to increase to range you can grab certain things...

If there are electrical wires hanging every where, I did not know that. Also, electronic wires in an underwater environment would anhilate everything near it, before earthing, though. :neutral:

Magnetic gloves, that seems like an awesome idea! But there would be limitations, obviously, to magnetic metals. :neutral:
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    Repulsion cannon gloves.

Alterra might need to have a chat with Stark Industries first, though.

Haha, good one! But wouldn't that make the propulsion gun thing useless to have as a tool?